League one news/transfers 2018/19 (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Went up to watch my local team FGR last night and noticed the opponents, Mansfield had Jorge Grant in midfield.

Always thought he looked excellent for Notts County last year. seems like they have loaned him recently after a stop start loan spell at Luton.

Still on Forests books at the age of 24. deffo worth a punt in the summer. he was the best player on the pitch

Also FGR have unexpectedly got their striker Doidge back after a 1m move to Bolton crumbled. Not sure if his value will have dropped but he is exactly what we need up top

Liquid Gold

Went up to watch my local team FGR last night and noticed the opponents, Mansfield had Jorge Grant in midfield.

Always thought he looked excellent for Notts County last year. seems like they have loaned him recently after a stop start loan spell at Luton.

Still on Forests books at the age of 24. deffo worth a punt in the summer. he was the best player on the pitch

Also FGR have unexpectedly got their striker Doidge back after a 1m move to Bolton crumbled. Not sure if his value will have dropped but he is exactly what we need up top
Can't play for another EFL team after being registered for two this season.

SkyBlueCRJ

Superb at League Two level with Notts County but was seemingly unremarkable whilst at Luton. Not sure if he'd be the answer to our woes.

Terry_dactyl

yeah I know, FGR fans are loving it :D I mean more in the summer.
Bloody FGR!!! Worst away day I’ve had! A mixture of disappointment, a couple of annoying home fans, and some jealousy!
As I think about it I was in the home end and chatting to a bloke from cov who was supporting forest green as they were close to relegation and they were his local team...

Alkhen

Bloody FGR!!! Worst away day I’ve had! A mixture of disappointment, a couple of annoying home fans, and some jealousy!
As I think about it I was in the home end and chatting to a bloke from cov who was supporting forest green as they were close to relegation and they were his local team...

Weren't me! I was with my son in the home end too (coverd ha ha) lived in Stroud for years and thought id have more of a weird torn allegiances when Cov were in the same League. I've been watching FGR for years but all 3 games recently come kick-off i go full on Cov mode and was wanting us to batter them! sadly that hasn't happened yet.

I am very envious of the FGR chairman though, he is deffo not to everyones taste but he genuinly has a vision for how to run the club and i would give my left nut for someone with a plan , finances and care to take over at Cov. Also the Vegan food/beer is much better than the shite in the Ricoh . I had Curry sauce and chips for a few quid last night well nice

Terry_dactyl

Weren't me! I was with my son in the home end too (coverd ha ha) lived in Stroud for years and thought id have more of a weird torn allegiances when Cov were in the same League. I've been watching FGR for years but all 3 games recently come kick-off i go full on Cov mode and was wanting us to batter them! sadly that hasn't happened yet.

I am very envious of the FGR chairman though, he is deffo not to everyones taste but he genuinly has a vision for how to run the club and i would give my left nut for someone with a plan , finances and care to take over at Cov. Also the Vegan food/beer is much better than the shite in the Ricoh . I had Curry sauce and chips for a few quid last night well nice

Ah shame, I thought I’d inadvertently met my first forum member.
At the same time...I couldn’t empathise with that bloke! All decked out in green he was.
From the little I saw of FGR they seemed very well run and their owner seems to be backing them.
Bloody FGR grumble, grumble...bloody mustard chord wearing, wax jacketed...grumble, grumble...

Alkhen

Ah shame, I thought I’d inadvertently met my first forum member.
At the same time...I couldn’t empathise with that bloke! All decked out in green he was.
From the little I saw of FGR they seemed very well run and their owner seems to be backing them.
Bloody FGR grumble, grumble...bloody mustard chord wearing, wax jacketed...grumble, grumble...

I do get the hate they get to some extent but with most of the lower leagues clubs dying on their arses its refreshing they are trying a different approach.

They would be screwed if the owner walked mind, they spend way more than they make. Think he sees it as sort of an extension of advertising for his company Ecotricity and a way of promoting sustainability which cant be a bad thing

Terry_dactyl

I do get the hate they get to some extent but with most of the lower leagues clubs dying on their arses its refreshing they are trying a different approach.

They would be screwed if the owner walked mind, they spend way more than they make. Think he sees it as sort of an extension of advertising for his company Ecotricity and a way of promoting sustainability which cant be a bad thing
I can’t fault the premise tbf. I dunno what the owner’s like but the environmental aspect is sound enough. It’s also certainly helped create their own individual identity. I expect on this basis alone they get a little extra support from people curious to try/support the vegan football team.
Like I said, my dislike was tinged with an element of jealousy.

steve82

Sunderland looking to do some big business being linked with many strikers with reports they are after Sheffield United’s Ched Evans and also had a reported 1.25M rejected for Doncaster’s Jonny Marquis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Sunderland looking to do some big business being linked with many strikers with reports they are after Sheffield United’s Ched Evans and also had a reported 1.25M rejected for Doncaster’s Jonny Marquis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't Evans at Fleetwood for the season?

steve82

Isn't Evans at Fleetwood for the season?

Yes Sunderland have apparently asked Sheffield United to recall him so a deal can be done.

I think in season long loans you can have the option to recall a player in January if you wish or clause is put in. Like Ponticelli was at Macclesfield for a season long loan

If Sheffield United want to free him from them they will recall him quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve82

Nottingham Forest and Peterborough United have mutually agreed to the immediate recall of Jason Cummings from his season-long loan.

Highly likely he will be another L1 loan come 11pm tomorrow

steve82

Sunderland again linked with another striker, Plymouth’s Freddie Ladapo.

Scouting system must be like a tombola!

Nick

Administrator
Have Sunderland actually signed anybody they have been linked with yet?

There's been a fair few.

Liquid Gold

Just lazy journalism, this team with money needs a striker and this striker is available so I'll write something get a few clicks and down the pub.

Nick

Administrator
Just lazy journalism, this team with money needs a striker and this striker is available so I'll write something get a few clicks and down the pub.

I'd love that job. You could probably do it from the pub as well if they had Wifi.

Nick

Administrator
We basically do it for free on here anyway. While also having actual jobs.

We would at least do Clickbait properly though. Means sending them to meatspin, lemonparty or that goatse one that used to be used for those "tricks".

"news on the latest signing here"

giphy.gif

SkyBlueCRJ

Swansea City winger Jefferson Montero is in line for a deadline day move to West Bromwich Albion. Guessing they've moved on from Murphy?

Users who are viewing this thread