League 2 or Stick With SISU? (1 Viewer)

This week for Cooks Question, we're facing up to the grim possibility of 4th Division football next year. We have to admit this is a real possibility. But I want to know, would you be willing to drop down to League 2 for a couple of years if it meant SISU left? Or would you stick with SISU to stay up? I for one would drop down for a year or 2, as we would have the chance to bring in some real owners who would put their money into the club and maybe, just maybe, bring us back to life. But whats your opinion? Go down and get rid of the cancer that has been eating us for so many years, or stay in the 3rd division and survive off the crumbs SISU leave us. Get your answers in before 11.45 Thursday to get them on the show. Sports Lounge kicks off every Thursday 10-12 on Hillz FM 98.6 so tune in if you can. Thanks again for your brilliant support

Kingokings204

For me no right answer.

1. Sisu leave I would be so happy but gutted to be in the last league of league football.

2. Stay in league 1 with sisu in charge. I always want my team playing as high as possible.

Ashdown

SISU wouldn't leave because of relegation, so it would be League 2 plus a hedge fund still cutting our cloth accordingly until we reached the Conference Premier with SP in charge still spouting garbage about this fuutball club and it's Coventry way of playing !!

kg82

In my lifetime we've been relegated twice. When we went down from the epl the general consensus was "at least we'll win a few games at this level" and most thought we'd go straight back up. It didn't happen. In fact, we only finished in the top half twice in 11 or 12 seasons. So then we got relegated again, to the level we're at now and I seem to remember the general consensus being that hopefully SISU will go and we can get back up after a couple of seasons. Things just don't happen like that with us. We'd go down again, and then again and then we'd probably be no more. I can't see an end to the monotony we're in and have been in for 15 years. Relegation wouldn't help. The only thing that'll help is the owners going.

Noggin

I don't think they are related but if someone offered me Sisu to leave before this season ends with a new buyer in place but we start next season in League 2. I'd bite their hands off. I'd buy my season ticket and be the most optimistic I'd been since before our season fell apart against Crewe a couple of years back.

Since I don't think they are related though relegation is just a bad thing.

Sky Blue Harry H

I don't think they are related but if someone offered me Sisu to leave before this season ends with a new buyer in place but we start next season in League 2. I'd bite their hands off. I'd buy my season ticket and be the most optimistic I'd been since before our season fell apart against Crewe a couple of years back.

Since I don't think they are related though relegation is just a bad thing.

Agree 100%

lordsummerisle

Dear listeners,

I'm single but a bird is quite interested in me, she's alright but no oil painting, wouldn't take her out where my mates could see her.

My question this week is:

Do I go out with her, as I haven't had a shag in years(to be honest, ever) or do I wait to see if Mila Kunis will respond to the email I sent to her agent asking her out for a Nandos and a night in a Travellodge( said I have to know in advance so I can get a good deal online)?

Terry Gibson's perm

I would take relegation to the conference just to rid the club of this parasitic scum.

Grendel

mrtrench

Who exactly is offering this scenario? The two choices seem completely unrelated and outside of my control.

kg82

Who exactly is offering this scenario? The two choices seem completely unrelated and outside of my control.

It's just hypothetical situations! Don't worry, nobody will judge for delving into the land of make-believe!

Ashdown

Dear listeners,

I'm single but a bird is quite interested in me, she's alright but no oil painting, wouldn't take her out where my mates could see her.

My question this week is:

Do I go out with her, as I haven't had a shag in years(to be honest, ever) or do I wait to see if Mila Kunis will respond to the email I sent to her agent asking her out for a Nandos and a night in a Travellodge( said I have to know in advance so I can get a good deal online)?

This really is about you isn't it you old romantic !? Mila Kunis though, like it, I'd stretch to a Premier Inn for that one !

skybluetony176

The way I see it is we're not going to have a choice. SISU stay we're getting league 2 football or lower. The clubs going to die if they stay. Simple as.

RegTheDonk

With SISU I see no investment, ambition, or anything other than long, drawn out legal battles in which SISU MAY prosper at the expense of CCFC.

So yeah, I'd take a couple of years in League Two with the prospect that we MIGHT have better fortunes under a new owner. Someone prepared to invest in the team and do a realistic deal with WASPs for some long term stability at the Ricoh with some share of the income streams. Or have the clout to actually take this new stadium idea out of the realm of fantasy and make it happen.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If we went down to League two, one of two things would happen; we'd stay in that league for years or we'd get relegated to non-league football. I actually think that Sisu have forgotten they own us! It's like when you buy something small on a whim and put it away in a drawer, then discover it a few years later and think "Bloody hell! I'd forgotten I'd bought that!" That's us to Sisu. They've forgotten we exist!

StevieM

I think that SISU will be here as long as they can attach debt to the club, so relegation will not make any difference to their plan.
The running costs would be cut again accordingly and if relegation to the Conference was the outcome of further lack of investment then that wouldn't make a jot of difference to them either-they could still off load debt onto the football club and will still charge atronomical "management fees" to keep parasites like Fisher sweet.
Any hope that they would sell such a valuable hedge fund commodity, a proverbial "financial whipping boy", I think can be ruled out also.
How could they put a price on something that technically has no monitary worth to anyone other than themselves (no players, no stadium, mortgaged training facility and dwindling support)?
There has to be a SISU based reason for them sticking around (and it ain't because they have Sky Blue blood) and what ever they are doing must be OK by their investors or else they would have pulled the plug long ago, which brings me back to the debt dumping theory.
So I am sure that we will bob along aimlessly for some considerable time just yet, the manager may get sacked (but then probably not because he would want paying off) and there will always be a queue of out of work replacements ready to come on board - even knowing that their hands would effectively be tied working with loans and bottom of the barrel frees augmented by a group of kids.
The club will always unearth a local lad who will be sold on for meagre profit (we always have done-it's the Coventry way) thus giving the owners a little cash boost now and then.
We will always have a fan base, albeit ever decreasing, but it would eventually bottom out pending our current league standing-have a look at once famous FL stalwarts wallowing in the non-league.

I fear that the only way this slippery shower of SISU shite will eventually go is when (like Hereford and several others) CCFC will be wound up by the tax man (and they would probably want to contest that in court!) and perhaps then we may be rid of them?
Try to PUSB!

Gazolba

I want to know, would you be willing to drop down to League 2 for a couple of years if it meant SISU left? Or would you stick with SISU to stay up? I for one would drop down for a year or 2, <snip>

Why do you assume if we go down it will only be for a couple of years? Is this not what was said after we were relegated from the Premier League and after we were relegated from the Championship? We must avoid getting relegated at all possible costs. If we go down it will take us years to get back up again. I'd say 5-10 years during which time we could well exit the league entirely.

Last edited:

M&B Stand

Why do you assume if we go down it will only be for a couple of years? Is this not what was said after we were relegated from the Premier League and after we were relegated from the Championship? We must avoid getting relegated at all possible costs. If we go down it will take us years to get back up again. I'd say 5-10 years during which time we could well exit the league entirely.

If the titanic had been sky blue.....it'd still be sinking.

Users who are viewing this thread