League 1 manager situation (2 Viewers)

H

Huckerby

No. No matter what the scenario is your own result is the only one you need really worry about.
Really? So what if your promotion hopes depend on two teams drawing who are playing each other. Or one of them losing.
Again, really?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gint11

Not good for Walsall at all. They will do well to keep it up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

It really depends on what the combination of reasons are for Smith leaving e.g. maybe convos have taken place with the Walsall chairman over the Jan budget.

Well it has been said it is Brentford's desire and plan to be in the Premier League and that, because of the backing, that is a feasible proposition. Not so sure Walsall will ever make the top division.

This is what the Beeb were saying.

Manchester_sky_blue

No doubt other teams will be looking at Mogga, hes proved hes a decent manager and on a limited budget as well.

I think though TM will want to stick it out and see if he can get us up. He will also know that if he can get a run of luck in the champ and the crowds start coming back that we might just push the top end of that division. Maybe.............

fernandopartridge

Really? So what if your promotion hopes depend on two teams drawing who are playing each other. Or one of them losing.
Again, really?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

But they don't at this moment in time, do they? Therefore checking the results of others is a bit pointless. Talking about it every 2 minutes even moreso.

henry the wasp

Agreed. I will start taking an interest in others results with about 10 games to go.
Big loss for Walsall though. I can see them losing a couple of big players in January.

Jcap

Agreed. I will start taking an interest in others results with about 10 games to go.
Big loss for Walsall though. I can see them losing a couple of big players in January.

A lot of their fans expecting Sawyer & Bradshaw to move on in January...

H

Huckerby

But they don't at this moment in time, do they? Therefore checking the results of others is a bit pointless. Talking about it every 2 minutes even moreso.
So is it "at this moment in time" or "no matter what the scenario"? Make your mind up

Otis

I always look at our rivals' scores. If a club like Wigan were suddenly to do a Bristol City or a Wolves, then we might not be able to compete with that, despite our doing really well.

Very important I think to look at other results and how many points we are in front of the team in 3rd place and 7th place etc. It's not just about how we do, it's about how other teams do as well.

We could have a really good season and still not go up, depending how other teams are doing.

Example:

2014/15 season, first place (Bristol) finished on 99 points, 2nd place 91 points, 3rd place 89 points.

2013/14 season, first place (Wolves) finished on 103 points, 2nd place 94 points., 3rd place 86 points, 4th place 86 points, 5th place 85 points.

2012/13 season, first place (Doncaster) finished on 84 points, 2nd place on 83 points.

In the 14/15 season Doncaster wouldn't have even made 3rd place. In the 13/14 season they wouldn't have even made 5th!

How other teams do is very relevant to our situation. Be fine if we were destined for 100 points, because if that was the case and we were that good, then what everyone else did wouldn't be totally irrelevant, but we are not that good are we.

Still think we can make top 2, but think it could be close this season, so seeing what our rivals are doing is most deifnitely a factor, as it gives us some insight as to how the season may well pan out.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

News to interest #QPR fans - Burton players not sure Jimmy Floyd Haseelbaink will be in charge for #bafc next game after dressing room chat

covcity4life

great news if true

i know walsall lost won vs shrews last night but we won shaws first game rememmber! the wheels can fall off without a permanent manager and sometimes even a new one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

great news if true

i know walsall lost last night but we won shaws first game rememmber! the wheels can fall off without a permanent manager and sometimes even a new one

Walsall lost last night?

It can take time for the effect of losing a manager to materialise, assuming the replacement isn't right up there with the departing manager. Players will be considering their options now, and form can drop off while they do so.

covcity4life

sorry mean won. yeh right now they on auto pilot doing what they normally do. there will come a time when its not quite working and they wont have smith to change it up

like i said a new manager mgiht even be better but odds are they do as well as joint 2nd

SlowerThanPlatt

BREAKING: Sky Sources - QPR make official approach to speak to Burton manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink about vacant head coach role #SSNHQ

D

Deleted member 4439

Some very gracious and accepting comments on the Brewers' forum. I hope they continue to do well (just not as well as us..)

Walsall, on the other hand, I am looking to see outside of the top six by the end of Jan.

mechaishida

Potentially, this is all going in our favour. The signs are there, and TM has to capitalise on any weakened resolve of our rivals in the league.

Now, let's collectively touch wood and partake in other frantic, twitchy superstitious practices to ensure we'll win the league. *twitch, twerk, salute the magpie*

covcity4life

Potentially, this is all going in our favour. The signs are there, and TM has to capitalise on any weakened resolve of our rivals in the league.

Now, let's collectively touch wood and partake in other frantic, twitchy superstitious practices to ensure we'll win the league. *twitch, twerk, salute the magpie*

yup. 1st and 3rd losing their managers is a big xmass present. as long as we keep mowbray the future 6 months looks bright. maddison and cole to return yet too,possibly a few more in january too. lets just hope the pitches and weather dont affect us negativly

eastwoodsdustman

If JFH does go too then it could be great for us. We probably wont really see any benefit until January when they return to their clubs to pick up a couple of players that they'll want to take with them.
Fingers crossed very tightly.:whistle:

malkitccfc

Think Walsall will remain top 6, got a decent team unless Smith comes in for a few of there players in Jan. I remember Brentford losing Rosler a couple of seasons back and Warburton still took them up. But its certainly good news for us. Just need Justin Edinburgh to get a move now!

D

Deleted member 4439

Think Walsall will remain top 6, got a decent team unless Smith comes in for a few of there players in Jan. I remember Brentford losing Rosler a couple of seasons back and Warburton still took them up. But its certainly good news for us. Just need Justin Edinburgh to get a move now!

Bradshaw and Sawyers are already packing their bags.

Users who are viewing this thread