Leadership on the pitch (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Who is actually making decisions or appears to have those qualities to be a captain ?
I know who wears the armband but if you didn't know and were watching the game for the first time it's difficult to spot.
There is no one who stands out as a natural leader . No one who barks instructions or pulls players aside or really comes across as someone who takes responsibility .

When sakamoto was carried off yesterday no one came on immediately. The players all looked around. Even the referee looked at the bench to see what was going on . It was a mess. Fadz or Doyle would have done something or spoken to other players or the manager .

The programme to yesterday's match had a captain's column which was by Liam Kelly . I never buy a programme so perhaps it's been like that all season and I'm just very slow but how can he be considered captain any more when he never plays ? Perhaps he still is , officially , the captain and Sheaf etc are just temporary until he's fully fit, if that ever happens . I'm confused.

Old Warwickshire lad

We do not have a leader. It’s like that silly paper,scissors against Milwall.
I captained teams when I played, and I assure you I would have stepped in and stopped that crap.
There would be a nominated player and he would have taken it,end of. Any dispute,then it’s my decision.
And as for being in the refs face, you start in minute one if necessary and stop when the game is over.
It’s called manipulation of weak officials,of which we see plenty each game.
Oh and the hard men in the team let the opposition know they are there,or they get a bollocking as well.
Think we are fast developing a reputation as having a soft underbelly.

AFCCOVENTRY

Who is actually making decisions or appears to have those qualities to be a captain ?
I know who wears the armband but if you didn't know and were watching the game for the first time it's difficult to spot.
There is no one who stands out as a natural leader . No one who barks instructions or pulls players aside or really comes across as someone who takes responsibility .

When sakamoto was carried off yesterday no one came on immediately. The players all looked around. Even the referee looked at the bench to see what was going on . It was a mess. Fadz or Doyle would have done something or spoken to other players or the manager .

The programme to yesterday's match had a captain's column which was by Liam Kelly . I never buy a programme so perhaps it's been like that all season and I'm just very slow but how can he be considered captain any more when he never plays ? Perhaps he still is , officially , the captain and Sheaf etc are just temporary until he's fully fit, if that ever happens . I'm confused.

I was just thinking this about leadership. There is a distinct lack of natural leadership in this group. It needs to be corrected in the summer.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We do not have a leader. It’s like that silly paper,scissors against Milwall.
I captained teams when I played, and I assure you I would have stepped in and stopped that crap.
There would be a nominated player and he would have taken it,end of. Any dispute,then it’s my decision.
And as for being in the refs face, you start in minute one if necessary and stop when the game is over.
It’s called manipulation of weak officials,of which we see plenty each game.
Oh and the hard men in the team let the opposition know they are there,or they get a bollocking as well.
Think we are fast developing a reputation as having a soft underbelly.
They all seem too nice. We haven't got anyone nasty enough . I used to enjoy Fadz being an absolute pain in the arse in the opposition penalty area when we had a corner. It may not be necessarily the role of a captain to do that but he thrived on those little confrontations and unsettled them.
You're absolutely right about having a soft underbelly. We're pretty to watch at times and move the ball well but every game has a patch where it becomes a battle of minds and physical strength and that's where we are weak. We need leadership and I don't see anyone who stands out over anyone else.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Agree with comments made so far we need a captain in the face of the officials when incident like Tats last night, people might say we got the free kick but looks like we've lost him for a few weeks.If we carry on our weaked team will be threadbare it time we stood our corner.
On that incident last night is it me or did medical attention take way too long to arrive.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Agree with comments made so far we need a captain in the face of the officials when incident like Tats last night, people might say we got the free kick but looks like we've lost him for a few weeks.If we carry on our weaked team will be threadbare it time we stood our corner.
On that incident last night is it me or did medical attention take way too long to arrive.
Everyone was asleep on the sidelines. It took far too long. When eventually he was put on the stretcher I didn't see anyone getting ready to come on. A proper captain would have stepped up at that point. It was a bit embarrassing. Perhaps they genuinely thought Tats might be able to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread