Laughable (1 Viewer)

aviles

http://www.onefinfalkirk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27878&start=40

i know people probably do not care what Falkirk fans have to say but its a good read.

i have been saying for years that we are not a big club and that lets be honest we play sh1t football. But i think its brilliant to read falkirk fans saying there leagues are as good if not better. we would qualify for europe every year if we were in scotland !

anyway work time so enjoy your read. :claping hands::facepalm:

Otis

Can't be bothered to be honest.

Sounds delusional at best though from what I have heard on here.

Covstu

This is very funny! Scottish premier league football is awful apart from the big two.....oh yeah there is only one now for the next three seasons!! Scottish football is a fecking joke!!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well in pre season, we lost 2 out of 3 fixtures up in Scotland. Winning only one tie against a highland league team.

Might have only been pre season but they may have a point.

What's to say we would cope in their leagues?

We car seem to cope in the leagues we get ourselves into......

That said, league one is probably a similar level to SPL (minus a big team who romp the league each season)

skybluebolland

Hahahahahahahhahahahahha

Oh my- This is a huge step up from Scottish div 1! And it's not "a piece of piss to manage down here" in league 1. Falkirk fans: hahahahahha

withers

We are now in a spat with Falkirk fans after our spat with Huddersfield fans - these are truly the best of times

SkyBlueRuffian

We think we're Barcelona apparently, I fuckin wish.

One Falkirk fan has labelled Elvis as the next Fergy, and we should snap him up.

hill83

No more laughable than some of the utter bollocks on here to be fair.

ajsccfc

Show me a club forum that isn't insanely biased and more than a little deluded and I'll show you my unicorn farm.

Mr B

Lower league football in England is eye bleedingly awful?

Sorry I for one think League One has been really competitive this season with the top six chopping and changing a lot, I for one consider this to be entertaining but I guess they have a point, the Scottish fans idea of entertainment in their joke of a top league is watch one team year in, year out pee over the oppostion from a consdierable height then get found out when they get into Europe (Please don't ention the Barcelona result, Juve prooved it was fluke!).

skybluelee

FFS, we live in a Country of 50 million people. Scotland has 5 million. Of course English football is going to be of a better standar, there would be something very wrong if it wasn't. What's the point even discussing it?

bamalamafizzfazz

Tried to sign up to their forum to ask some constructive questions about what to expect but no option to register. Anyone else see how you do this?

Nonleagueherewecome

We think we're Barcelona apparently, I fuckin wish.

One Falkirk fan has labelled Elvis as the next Fergy, and we should snap him up.

He was clearly being sarcastic in a bid to get rid of him! After reading their forum, I'm more than a little concerned tbh..the response to us losing Robins was one of pain and anguish, not "yes, he's gone, awesome we might get some compensation!".

ajsccfc

The response to Forest offloading McGoldrick was laughter on their forum, I'd wait until he gives us reason for concern.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, 'cos Falkirk are really playing at a higher standard than we are like DM was....

ajsccfc

Yeah, 'cos Falkirk are really playing at a higher standard than we are like DM was....

The point of course being that the negative opinions of one set of fans doesn't necessarily predict the future. Much like how every player who leaves us was never any good.

Nonleagueherewecome

The point of course being that the negative opinions of one set of fans doesn't necessarily predict the future. Much like how every player who leaves us was never any good.

I don't think it's a valid comparison tbh, player and manager, completely different. If the vast majority of their fans don't rate the guy, it doesn't bode well! I imagine their response is what we'd give if Reid or Coleman was about to have been poached..

ajsccfc

It's not a direct comparison, it's an illustration of one man's trash being another man's treasure. McGoldrick is just our most relateable example.

They may not rate him, but for us to invite applications and then end up chasing him, that's got to give some kind of encouragement if nothing else.

Last edited:

RichieGunns

FFS, we live in a Country of 50 million people. Scotland has 5 million. Of course English football is going to be of a better standar, there would be something very wrong if it wasn't. What's the point even discussing it?

America has a population of 313 Million people.

Does that mean they have a better standard of Football (aka Soccer) over there than we do over here?

My answer there would be no!

Numbers mean nothing mate! It's how willing clubs are to enforce and improve these standards that elevate the levels of how good those standards are in each country!

SkyBlue_Bear83

He was clearly being sarcastic in a bid to get rid of him! After reading their forum, I'm more than a little concerned tbh..the response to us losing Robins was one of pain and anguish, not "yes, he's gone, awesome we might get some compensation!".
I agree although they seemed to be of the opinion that he was turning it around lately

Skyblue4u

Tried to sign up to their forum to ask some constructive questions about what to expect but no option to register. Anyone else see how you do this?

It's a bit like Lester in them parts, like to keep it in the family. You have to be related and invited to join the munch bunch with uncle fester

Nonleagueherewecome

America has a population of 313 Million people.

Does that mean they have a better standard of Football (aka Soccer) over there than we do over here?

My answer there would be no!

Numbers mean nothing mate! It's how willing clubs are to enforce and improve these standards that elevate the levels of how good those standards are in each country!

That isn't why America is mediocre at football; it's because they "aren't a soccer nation", to paraphrase an Aussie mate of mine. Scotland is...they're just utterly shite at it! I'd say that Scottish D1 equates to BSP tops. If we were hiring a mid-table BSP manager, would the reaction be any different? Morrell is 5 times more qualified than this guy. The more you look at his record the more obvious it becomes that he's done jack (or should that be Jock?) all in his career.

Happy_Martian

Guys, please all take a chill pilll :laugh:

The Falkirk fans are only pissed at us because we sold them Kevin "Golden Boots" Drinkell :facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

That isn't why America is mediocre at football; it's because they "aren't a soccer nation", to paraphrase an Aussie mate of mine. Scotland is...they're just utterly shite at it! I'd say that Scottish D1 equates to BSP tops. If we were hiring a mid-table BSP manager, would the reaction be any different? Morrell is 5 times more qualified than this guy. The more you look at his record the more obvious it becomes that he's done jack (or should that be Jock?) all in his career.

Not BSP, it's more like L2.

Not drawing any comparison, so no one shoot me down, but Sir Alex Ferguson started off in Scottish Division 3. Also, it's what you buy into, Pressley is young, plays the 'right' way and is committed to youth policy, seems like a decent appointment to me.

Isn't like the other candidates were much more qualified: Curle, Dickov, Black (my choice), Brown (bar Hull, and despite begging for jobs at all levels, he hasn't got a job yet, there's a reason!) so it isn't like we could've got Coyle or Adkins...

I for one think he'll be a good manager for CCFC, I could be wrong (we all have been in the past!) but I've got a feeling...

shropshirecov

Scottish League 1 wouldn't touch the BSP. More like midcomb.

Nonleagueherewecome

Guys, please all take a chill pilll :laugh:

The Falkirk fans are only pissed at us because we sold them Kevin "Golden Boots" Drinkell :facepalm:

Pressley Out. There, I've said it :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread