Latest SCG Minutes (4 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

There used to be a hell of a walk from changing rooms to the pitches at the far end of the "Rec" and I would say big enough to build a 25k stadium, but like we've been saying, lots of restrictions hinder it ;)

Yeah played on it myself, iirc the ground isn't particularly flat either?

dongonzalos

And what triggered that? ACL made an application to the High Court for the club to be placed into administration. That doesn't happen immediately so SISU placed the club into administration after ACL had made their application in order that they get their choice of administrator.

Wasn't it triggered by SISU not paying a legally owed debt. The master plan of which to create a situation in which a legally binding contract is broken. Leading onto temporarily moving away in order to distress a company, which can then then be bought a considerably less than the market value prior to taking such actions.
The tactic of which created a very mistrusting and hostile environment with the owners of that company. Which backfired massively leading the Owners selling to someone else, at a lower value but still a value SISU admitted they themselves would not have paid?

chiefdave

Yes the current situation is being talked about, doesn't mean that it will be so. I said you were being ridiculous about making what I thought was a stupid comment. You obviously got the hump because you're such a glass half empty person. You see, I don't buy the line that we will be forced not to step foot outside the city and on that basis Wasps can charge us what they want because if they charged us something silly like you suggest and we went bump, would all of the parties involved in that decision be open to yet further court cases from our owners, because they were forced into it?
How is it talking about the current situation when we're discussing a scenario in which the FL say we can't play outside the boundary of the city and the club abandon all plans to play anywhere in the city other than the Ricoh?
Lets go with your worst case scenario and the cost of the rent causes the club to cease to exist. SISU then take another round of legal action. On what basis are they able to take any action against Wasps? How can any legal case rule over what a private entity is allow to charge another private entity in rent? They could attempt to sue the FL for not allowing the club to move outside the city once again but I can't see how that could possibly have any impact on Wasps?
But after my last post, you obviously haven't got the bollocks to put your money where your mouth so often is. Why make a comment if you're not prepared to back it up Dave?
So you want to have a bet on a scenario that doesn't exist and most likely will never exist?

chiefdave

Wasn't it triggered by SISU not paying a legally owed debt. The master plan of which to create a situation in which a legally binding contract is broken. Leading onto temporarily moving away in order to distress a company, which can then then be bought a considerably less than the market value prior to taking such actions.
Its certainly the case that if the club had continued to pay the rent then ACL could not have made the application to put the club into administration. Past that we're dealing with unknowns.

Sky Blue Kid

Yeah played on it myself, iirc the ground isn't particularly flat either?

Which brings me to my next point. Although big enough and as you say not very flat(Undulating) is the term I'd use, there is the pit beneath with the open chasms and porous ground which says to me(I'm no architect or surveyor) that any building of that size and structure might not be a good idea ;)

dongonzalos

Its certainly the case that if the club had continued to pay the rent then ACL could not have made the application to put the club into administration. Past that we're dealing with unknowns.

I was going by what the high court judge concluded after hearing evidence from both sides.
End of the day think we can all accept.
The deal the club was on when SISU decided to make a stand left the club screwed if it didn't have an owner prepared to put money in to fund it.
SISU did something about this and got themselves into a very good negotiating position.
However it got to a tipping point when they were finally told pay up or the council were going elsewhere.
SISU didn't believe this and were going for the jugular and thought they could get it for even cheaper.
Which it turns was a gamble too far.
Whether they had the money and capability to do the deal Wasps did or whether financially they had no choice and needed it for even less, we will never know.
What we do know is they pushed too far and someone else took full advantage of their tactics and jumped in.
Which is devasting for us fans.

King of the Lesbians

Which brings me to my next point. Although big enough and as you say not very flat(Undulating) is the term I'd use, there is the pit beneath with the open chasms and porous ground which says to me(I'm no architect or surveyor) that any building of that size and structure might not be a good idea ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Wonder how quick the next set of minutes come out - there was a meeting last night wasn't there?

stupot07

The same as the thread is about, but turned into a Telegraph article a few days later.
I know, thr notes from that conference call have been on here for a couple of days, this isn't new news.just a rehash of what's on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I know, thr notes from that conference call have been on here for a couple of days, this isn't new news.just a rehash of what's on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 Days later.

I notice he hasn't mentioned what was said about the Telegraph?

The Gentleman

How is it talking about the current situation when we're discussing a scenario in which the FL say we can't play outside the boundary of the city and the club abandon all plans to play anywhere in the city other than the Ricoh?
Lets go with your worst case scenario and the cost of the rent causes the club to cease to exist. SISU then take another round of legal action. On what basis are they able to take any action against Wasps? How can any legal case rule over what a private entity is allow to charge another private entity in rent? They could attempt to sue the FL for not allowing the club to move outside the city once again but I can't see how that could possibly have any impact on Wasps?

So you want to have a bet on a scenario that doesn't exist and most likely will never exist?

What the fuck are you on about you plank?

Forget the bit above where you continually go round the fucking houses, you're boring. I now have no fucking clue what point you're trying to bore me to death about.

Right, now as you try the patronising line with me, we'll see if it helps you too. Let me try and make this as simple as possible for you:

You make a comment about Wasps charging us £2 million a year

I say what a ridiculous comment

You say it's not ridiculous (which would imply you believe what you say)

I say lets have a bet, If we go back to renting Ricoh and Wasps charge us £2 miilion or more based on what you said i'll give £100 to charity, If its any less you give £100 to charity. It really is that simple Dave. Do you actually believe what you say or do you talk shit.

Your last line (although judging by your posts you've had a few lines) doesn't make sense unless you've got the wrong end of the stick

Now one last time, do you have the bollocks or even a spine for that matter to actually back up what you say?

dongonzalos

So according to Mr Fisher. if we drop the legal action (that we won't win anyway). We can build a 25k stadium at the Butts?
Anyone still want us to carry on with the legal action?

Last edited:

Grendel

What the fuck are you on about you plank?

Forget the bit above where you continually go round the fucking houses, you're boring. I now have no fucking clue what point you're trying to bore me to death about.

Right, now as you try the patronising line with me, we'll see if it helps you too. Let me try and make this as simple as possible for you:

You make a comment about Wasps charging us £2 million a year

I say what a ridiculous comment

You say it's not ridiculous (which would imply you believe what you say)

I say lets have a bet, If we go back to renting Ricoh and Wasps charge us £2 miilion or more based on what you said i'll give £100 to charity, If its any less you give £100 to charity. It really is that simple Dave. Do you actually believe what you say or do you talk shit.

Your last line (although judging by your posts you've had a few lines) doesn't make sense unless you've got the wrong end of the stick

Now one last time, do you have the bollocks or even a spine for that matter to actually back up what you say?

Tell you what old chap you keep blathering on about me working at McDonald's. I don't.

You believe I do.

Let's wager £1,000 towards a charity that this is not the case.

I will send my proof to admin on SBT. Are you taking the bet?

Captain Dart

Fisher just said BPA not going to happen quoting "Politics" as the reason.
il_214x170.767559341_6g0a.jpg

letsallsingtogether

Tell you what old chap you keep blathering on about me working at McDonald's. I don't.

You believe I do.

Big Mac to go please.
oh and pass the headphones to the incoming shift there's a good boy.

Irish Sky Blue

My dad was a miner at Binley Pit and I was born and grew up in the village. The rec is a huge piece of land that would probably do for a stadium and a training ground. However I think some of the old colliery grounds, which border the rec, are now a wildlife site which would complicate matters. Can't see Sisu stumping up the money or ccc selling it to them. Maybe an idea for new owners.

albatross

interesting that Fisher says the BPA cant go ahead due to the political embargo but the position of CCC on public record is:

"Coun Duggins has previously said the council will not engage with the club directly while owners Sisu press ahead with legal action over the Ricoh Arena. But he publicly stated in May that the council could not block any plans for a joint stadium venture with Coventry RFC at the Butts Park site and that any application would have to be considered in line with national planning guidance.

Coun Duggins said: “I want to clear up any confusion about the proposal to develop a joint stadium for rugby and football. I want to be really clear that the council will not put any obstacles in the way of this happening.”

Legally this political embargo is nonsense and is simply Fisher's way of saying we will do nothing ........because its somebody else's fault

olderskyblue

You believe I do.

What?? you've been fired from McDonald's?? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread