Certainly there is no guarantee of success as in winning things, I mean success as in getting people in to watch, getting people to spend money in the ground. If the owners of ACL structure a deal for the club that encourages the club to stay, make the rent cheap enough that the club can make tickets more affordable, more people will turn up, spend more money in the ground, in the casino.
This means other ACL tenants are happier, sponsors see the value of extra people attending the ground, more chance of getting a lucrative arena sponsorship deal. The value of ACL rises, and it makes more money for ACL. That's why if the owner of ACL 'needs every penny' then getting the club playing there is important, and a successful club even more important.
Just my view, I accept that you may disagree.
I think the judge pointed out that the club couldn't 'afford' most of our costs, but as the rent was 10% of the unaffordable costs, maybe the owners were just a bit shit at running a business.