Latest prison news (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

The article is spot on, Fisher is afraid of losing respect and face and that's what stops us doing a deal to stay the Ricoh, I still think unless we can gain access to more revenues at the Arena then something has to change, owners who can bring this change or building our own home.

Cityfan1

The article is spot on, Fisher is afraid of losing respect and face and that's what stops us doing a deal to stay the Ricoh, I still think unless we can gain access to more revenues at the Arena then something has to change, owners who can bring this change or building our own home.

Totally agree, but first things first we need to be playing at the Ricoh

J

Jack Griffin

In the Northampton case Fishers assets are not sweaty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_operations

Business operations encompasses three fundamental management imperatives that collectively aim to maximize value harvested from business assets (this has often been referred to as "sweating the assets"):

Generate recurring income
Increase the value of the business assets
Secure the income and value of the business

Last edited by a moderator:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What's stopping us agreeing a deal at the Ricoh isn't SISU sharing income. Don't you remember the forums? ACL facilitated a meeting with the Compass JV, but Fisher had to admit he didn't take it up. He doesn't therefore know what incomes would lie there.

What stops SISU doing a deal with ACL isn't income. Isn't rent. It's that they don't want to do an honest deal with them. They want to break them.

It is that. Anything else simply an excuse in mitigation

RoboCCFC90

What's stopping us agreeing a deal at the Ricoh isn't SISU sharing income. Don't you remember the forums? ACL facilitated a meeting with the Compass JV, but Fisher had to admit he didn't take it up. He doesn't therefore know what incomes would lie there.

What stops SISU doing a deal with ACL isn't income. Isn't rent. It's that they don't want to do an honest deal with them. They want to break them.

It is that. Anything else simply an excuse in mitigation

Your misunderstanding MMM in my personal opinion I believe we need to have all revenues that we can regarding the Arena.

What's stopping us doing a deal is Tim Fisher or at least his ego, he could have negotiated a temporary groundshare with ACL, while his new stadium was built, but he doesn't want too not because of the revenue or anything else that he might argue, because he doesn't want to be shown to retract previous statements, in essence he's trying to save face.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Your misunderstanding MMM in my personal opinion I believe we need to have all revenues that we can regarding the Arena.

What's stopping us doing a deal is Tim Fisher or at least his ego, he could have negotiated a temporary groundshare with ACL, while his new stadium was built, but he doesn't want too not because of the revenue or anything else that he might argue, because he doesn't want to be shown to retract previous statements, in essence he's trying to save face.

Again dear chap - no. He doesn't want a temporary groundshare whilst 'his new stadium' is being built. His new stadium has gone no further than the troubled kingdom of his own mind, and whoever did the Etch-a-Sketch drawings to persuade the Football League into believing they were serious.

The new stadium will never be built. There is no new stadium. That want to break ACL and secure the balance of the leasehold of the Ricoh, or the freehold.

And if there's ever any doubt about that, SISU funding a Judicial Review caps off any ambiguity. Why else would they do that, huh?

RoboCCFC90

Again dear chap - no. He doesn't want a temporary groundshare whilst 'his new stadium' is being built. His new stadium has gone no further than the troubled kingdom of his own mind, and whoever did the Etch-a-Sketch drawings to persuade the Football League into believing they were serious.

The new stadium will never be built. There is no new stadium. That want to break ACL and secure the balance of the leasehold of the Ricoh, or the freehold.

And if there's ever any doubt about that, SISU funding a Judicial Review caps off any ambiguity. Why else would they do that, huh?

Oh so the ground share with Northampton is just a illusion?? Well it must have been a very good sketch, however I cannot speak for the Football League regarding there plans on how to move forward.

I agree with you MMM the Ricoh is what SISU want, however SISU must be positive that they will break ACL sooner rather than later for there plan to suffice if not what then?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Oh so the ground share with Northampton is just a illusion?? Well it must have been a very good sketch, however I cannot speak for the Football League regarding there plans on how to move forward.

I agree with you MMM the Ricoh is what SISU want, however SISU must be positive that they will break ACL sooner rather than later for there plan to suffice if not what then?

No. The ground-share is a reality. The new stadium an illusion.

SISU will try their best to break ACL. See how the 3 years is now slipping to 5?

The Ricoh is what they're after. Rent, incomes, et al simply a smokescreen to justify their true intent. If they simply want to have a ground-share arrangement whilst The Fish Bowl is built, then why waste money on a judicial review pertaining to an irrelevance?

RoboCCFC90

No. The ground-share is a reality. The new stadium an illusion.

SISU will try their best to break ACL. See how the 3 years is now slipping to 5?

The Ricoh is what they're after. Rent, incomes, et al simply a smokescreen to justify their true intent. If they simply want to have a ground-share arrangement whilst The Fish Bowl is built, then why waste money on a judicial review pertaining to an irrelevance?

Talk about a conspiracy theory..

If SISU wanted the Ricoh so badly then explain why go through all of this garbage that we have to get to this point where we are on the cusp of sustainbility and exsistence, while if SISU had just been sensible and negotiated properly then they could have invested money into buying the Arena in the first place?

Noggin

If SISU wanted the Ricoh so badly then explain why go through all of this garbage that we have to get to this point where we are on the cusp of sustainbility and exsistence, while if SISU had just been sensible and negotiated properly then they could have invested money into buying the Arena in the first place?

In the past it was a conspiracy theory, but that sisu want to get the ricoh on the cheap and distressed acl to do is is fact, they admitted it and its in the high court documents.

Not sure what your definition is of "on the cusp of sustainability", but it seems remarkably different to mine.

but yes if sisu had been sensible they would have invested in the first place, the cost to buy half of acl would have already been paid back had they done it when taking over.

dadgad

Yes, but they didn't, did they?
They fooked up because they were thinking about PS and a quick return on their investment.
The fact that they didn't take this up is now being touted as ACL intransigence. Laughable!

Nonleagueherewecome

I assumed from the thread title that they'd finally arrested Fisher.

Sorry, that's next month isn't it.

RoboCCFC90

In the past it was a conspiracy theory, but that sisu want to get the ricoh on the cheap and distressed acl to do is is fact, they admitted it and its in the high court documents.

Not sure what your definition is of "on the cusp of sustainability", but it seems remarkably different to mine.

but yes if sisu had been sensible they would have invested in the first place, the cost to buy half of acl would have already been paid back had they done it when taking over.

They admitted it when, I heard Tim Fisher say at the fans forums that this was never the case..

A tunnel with no light at the end of it in essence.

Not even then why didn't they just go to ACL when they planned to stop paying the rent and just say "We need to sit down an negotiate?"

RoboCCFC90

Yes, but they didn't, did they?
They fooked up because they were thinking about PS and a quick return on their investment.
The fact that they didn't take this up is now being touted as ACL intransigence. Laughable!

I agree and I have previously said that they were idiots for making the assumption that they could make an investment like they did and expect the return they had hoped..

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Plan A) Turn around a failing club cheaply; sell on at a quick buck. Look at who they were interested in. Southampton, Derby, Manchester City (now secured 'other owners' of course) and us. Classical hedge fund fare.

Plan B) Secure the stadium - either lengthy leasehold (40 years+) or freehold and sell at a huge profit after getting it cheap. When it was obvious Plan A wasn't working, the rent strike being the best way to secure the latter.

Again, why else the judicial review?

Nonleagueherewecome

Plan A) Turn around a failing club cheaply; sell on at a quick buck. Look at who they were interested in. Southampton, Derby, Manchester City (now secured 'other owners' of course) and us. Classical hedge fund fare.

Plan B) Secure the stadium - either lengthy leasehold (40 years+) or freehold and sell at a huge profit after getting it cheap. When it was obvious Plan A wasn't working, the rent strike being the best way to secure the latter.

It's worth pointing out that A) is normal Hedge Fund behaviour with the exception of Hedge Funds never having owned a football club before. Which explains a reasonable % of why it hasn't worked.

RoboCCFC90

Plan A was a failure and was always doomed from the start.

Plan B is conjecture it's based on opinion and hasn't got solid evidence except for that a few signs might be there, but it is agreeable and I do agree with the assumption.

I couldn't tell you why the Judical Review, as much as I couldn't tell you that we would be playing League 1 Football in Northampton when they took us over. The honest answer fook knows, but what you say makes sense.

RoboCCFC90

It's worth pointing out that A) is normal Hedge Fund behaviour with the exception of Hedge Funds never having owned a football club before. Which explains a reasonable % of why it hasn't worked.

Exactly why it was doomed from the start, it doesn't look like SISU did any background work or anything on the club or it's finances, if they had they probably wouldn't have invested in us. If they did do some digging then they need a better shovel in future respects!

Nonleagueherewecome

Exactly why it was doomed from the start, it doesn't look like SISU did any background work or anything on the club or it's finances, if they had they probably wouldn't have invested in us. If they did do some digging then they need a better shovel in future respects!

Honestly? I get the feeling that the Ranson presentation was used to sell his "vision" to them before it was used to sell it to us.

Eventually they realised that he was a false prophet.

Nonleagueherewecome

No, not the Welsh rapist band.

Nonleagueherewecome

Although a lot of his money did go to Wales...:whistle:

RoboCCFC90

Honestly? I get the feeling that the Ranson presentation was used to sell his "vision" to them before it was used to sell it to us.

Eventually they realised that he was a false prophet.

Honestly.. Lets put it this way if you knew a club didn't own it's own stadia and was renting wouldn't you find out, A) how much they're currently paying to rent, B) If you think it's not acceptable negotiate, C) Buy the stadium itself or at least a share in it??

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I couldn't tell you why the Judical Review, as much as I couldn't tell you that we would be playing League 1 Football in Northampton when they took us over. The honest answer fook knows, but what you say makes sense.

Well, the JV papers served claim that the aim of CCC, via it's investment in ACL 'was to wrest control of the club, in which the claimants have made substantial commercial investments over a period of years, from the claimants, with a view to appointing a new owner of its own choosing.'

The claimant, of course, being SISU. Were CCC really trying to 'wrest control of the club' from SISU, 'with a view to appointing a new owner of its own choosing'?

Neah; they wanted stability at The Ricoh so that ACL could conclude negotiations without fear of foreclosure from a distressed position. In turn, ACL wanted a tenant who would do what they agreed to, and pay rent.

Were there any signs of such claimed Machiavellian shenanigans from CCC or ACL before the illegal rent dispute?

Nonleagueherewecome

Honestly.. Lets put it this way if you knew a club didn't own it's own stadia and was renting wouldn't you find out, A) how much they're currently paying to rent, B) If you think it's not acceptable negotiate, C) Buy the stadium itself or at least a share in it??

If it was my money, Hell yeah. But it isn't, it's just a bunch of faceless investors who SISU probably give about as much of a shit about as Bernie Madoff and Alan Stanford did theirs.

letsallsingtogether

TF did say they made a mistake not buying the Ricoh when they had the chance problem is they have never looked back. mistake after Mistake after mistake. Now they have burnt all their bridges alienating the fans and not really giving a tosh................[

It is really unforgivable the way we have been treated.:blue:

QUOTE=RoboCCFC90;493195]Honestly.. Lets put it this way if you knew a club didn't own it's own stadia and was renting wouldn't you find out, A) how much they're currently paying to rent, B) If you think it's not acceptable negotiate, C) Buy the stadium itself or at least a share in it??[/QUOTE]

RoboCCFC90

TF did say they made a mistake not buying the Ricoh when they had the chance problem is they have never looked back. mistake after Mistake after mistake. Now they have burnt all their bridges alienating the fans and not really giving a tosh................[

It is really unforgivable the way we have been treated.:blue:

QUOTE=RoboCCFC90;493195]Honestly.. Lets put it this way if you knew a club didn't own it's own stadia and was renting wouldn't you find out, A) how much they're currently paying to rent, B) If you think it's not acceptable negotiate, C) Buy the stadium itself or at least a share in it??
[/QUOTE]

I remember Fisher saying that, it's not just the fans tho it's how everyone and everything connected with the club has been treated through to mascots and fans.

James Smith

Another depressingly spot on article, we really are screwed next season.

James Smith

Shame he can't change his face, I might like him more if he had the face of Rachel Riley.

And the body of Rachel......Ah hell with it she'd be better at numbers too why can't we have her as the club figurehead, at least the accounts might go in on time and we'd be under fewer embargoes. She's a Manure fan so might even know something about football. That would make a change.

Sky Blue Harry H

But surely. if he/SISU are trying to break ACL, not letting them get any revenue via us playing there is key. Hence his decision - as for going back on his word, I'm sure that TF has enough thick skin and spin to front up to any such decision. He doesn't seem short of self confidence .....although:slap: how I'd like to!!

Users who are viewing this thread