Latest Preston crowd estimate (1 Viewer)

Otis

Before tonight's game I would have said another 11,000ish crowd.

We lost tonight though, so it's now probably down to 10,0000 as it stands. Lose on Saturday against Rochdale and it will go down to 9,000 and if it is raining on the 27th when Preston come you can probably knock another 1,000 off too.

Just hope there's no raised paving slabs or stoney ground to walk over.

;)

ccfc92

If a strong wind is blowing south down foleshill road, that will increase the cost of driving up to the Ricoh by probably 10p, so knock another 1,000 off again.

pusbccfc

We could win 4-0 against Rochdale and we will only get 11,000.

JPT Area Final at a fiver.. sell out.

Otis

Or maybe there's thousands of people like my dad, who refuses to go out at all anywhere until the refuse collection has been round and he can go and put the bins back in the back garden.

Must have a few hundred like that supporting the club surely.

Come the Winter it will get much worse, cos there's all those that are frightened of the dark. Not too bad until after October to be quite honest, cos until then it does mean they can usually come in and at least watch the first half.

Samo

Or maybe there's thousands of people like my dad, who refuses to go out at all anywhere until the refuse
collection has been round and he can go and put the bins back in the back garden.

Must have a few hundred like that supporting the club surely.

Come the Winter it will get much worse, cos there's all those that are frightened of the dark. Not too bad until after October to be quite honest, cos until then it does mean they can usually come in and at least watch the first half.

I ask you... How could any reasonable person watch a football match when the bins are still in the street? Its broken Britain.

H

Huckerby

to be fair, if it's freezing cold then more people will wear jackets, coats, and even cracking on with the scarves. This will reduce the amount of days worth of wear out of these items of clothing by approximately one day, which will mean they will have to repurchase them sooner. Which will make the game more expensive, so probably knock a thousand or two off the gate right there

ccfc92

There will be a 3 car "pile up" on the ring road, restricting access to Foleshill Road, and people will panic as they don't know any other way to the Ricoh, and go home. So take 1,500 off for that.

Otis

to be fair, if it's freezing cold then more people will wear jackets, coats, and even cracking on with the scarves. This will reduce the amount of days worth of wear out of these items of clothing by approximately one day, which will mean they will have to repurchase them sooner. Which will make the game more expensive, so probably knock a thousand or two off the gate right there

Yes true and then there are the claustrophobics who will feel threatened by the increased girth of the person sitting next to then due to the thick knitted cardies and inflated life preservers.

All that increased clothing will make the spaces between seats so much tighter.

Also people with piles won't wish to sit on cold seats, so that'll knock a couple of thousand of the attendance in Block 20 of the East stand alone.

Astute

I'm not going. Does that make me a band wagoner? I didn't go to the Gillingham game so not sure. I tried to get a ticket but gave up after a day. Does this make me not give a shite?

Otis

I'm not going. Does that make me a band wagoner? I didn't go to the Gillingham game so not sure. I tried to get a ticket but gave up after a day. Does this make me not give a shite?

Depends if you're not going because you need to remove dead wasps from your window sill or not.

Visiting a sick aunt on the other hand of course, is acceptable.

Unless it's an aunt you don't like much and then that's not acceptable. You need to check the Band Wagoner's Guide Of Acceptable Excuses.

You do have that book don't you? :thinking about:

lesturd

No chance of a decent gate...Ryder Cup weekend. Despite being a season ticket holder even that will test my resolve, being a golfing nut :)

shmmeee

I went to Gillingham, I missed Yeovil, I'll be at Preston.

As a representative sample of the fan base, I declare that we'll get 27000 for Preston.

Get your tickets early to avoid disappointment folks!

covcity4life

in all seriousness i am not going to preston game, too expensive at mo. ill go exeter game in JPT on oct 7th and then next league game will be peterbourough on 25th october looks like.

2 games a month for me.

CJ_covblaze

I seem to remember the only time PNE bought a decent crowd was for the JPT. Even in the Championship it wasn't above 5-600. So I think it'll be just below 30k.

hill83

I'm hopeful that a few of you are correct on here and the low attendance was partly down to the ballache getting tickets. So I'm going for around the 13k mark.

Gint11

I'm hopeful that a few of you are correct on here and the low attendance was partly down to the ballache getting tickets. So I'm going for around the 13k mark.

I'm going for the 13k also sean.

Users who are viewing this thread