Latest odds (1 Viewer)

Regis87

We are one of the favourites for relegation ! ( just been on oddschecker ) . The bookies are not generally too far of the Mark .

rob9872

Not a massive surprise when you consistently finish 17th/18th and then lose your best players. However, fear not. Prepare yourself for another season of false dawns, false promises, abject performances, excuses, disappointment and lower mid-table mediocrity ... but we won't go down. PUSB

Lord_Nampil

But haven't they been wrong in the last few seasons ??? Last season all the teams they expected to gonup and
Down didn't!

stay_up_skyblues

Would love to agree Rob, but we are not even making the usual squad filling medicore signings we make.

3 injuries in this squad is shite, Juke wernet all that last year an right now he is our best forward and will probably leave.

Make no mistake, this side is poor and we are going down! But at leat under AT we are goin in style!

rob9872

Not sure. For every Blackpool, Norwich and Swansea there is a WBA, Newcastle and QPR. They are not perfect, but never far wrong and usually the money talks. I would be amazed if any of Blues, West Ham and Leicester were outside the top six next season.

rob9872

Sorry, response was to Lord N. I think we'll disagree on this mate.

Big Mo

Those who are optimistic about the season only seem to be considering our first 11, which on paper is quite reasonable.

However, if the squad isnt strengthened with at least 3 players, once the injuries kick in especially going forward, we're a poor side.

Still plenty of time to strenthen and trying to not be too cynical but have to say im worried

Lord_Nampil

Middlesbrough Cardiff and forest were favs to go up barsnley Watford and Scunny favs to go down ! They got 1 out of 6 right, they maybe not far off but they don't always get it right! But i am
Aware I'll agree to
Disagree!

CovScott88

I don't know if i'm alone in thinking this, but im actually quite optimistic for the season ahead. Granted, we are short of a couple of players in the attacking department, but I think we have quite a decent squad. IMO, we are just 2 strikers and a midfielder away from having a solid squad.
A lot depends on injuries though as people have said.

BurbageSkyBlues

This season could be incredibly tight, more so than recent years! There are so many teams that could do well, it will mean a competitive table with few points between success and failure.

Much of it will be down to belief, and strength of mind. If AT can instill those attributes into our players' minds, we could finish mid-table/top half. We still have several quality players, just not a complete set.......but which team has, apart from the very rich?

skybluesteve76

Nothing like a bit of gloom and doom on a Sunday. I think comfortable midtable for us! Look at the team that started last season, no king, no Gunnar,Clingan on the bench. Doyle started,Cameron centre back, Fred and juke up front. Look at the team that finished the season, no Westy,king was the worst player on the pitch.
Just because the club has no money doesn't mean the players will be shite. Granted we need a striker but otherwise we have more than enough players that are good enough for this league. If four or five get injured at the same time, well that's just bloody bad luck which would affect any team. I just don't see all the doom and gloom myself. But I am a glass half full person in general life,not a suicidal defeatist.
In thorn we trust.PUSB

sky blue john

Keeping Clingan fit is the key, over the last couple of seasons a slump has coincided with him being out injured !!!!

Disorganised1

We were relegation favourites in the Prem EVERY year - they got that wrong a lot.

D

Deleted member 2477

SkyblueSteve. King was the worst player on the pitch ?
Did you go last year and watch the team. King was without doubt our best player last year. Anyone who watched the team on a regular basis would have seen he was a different class with his passing and distribution. As much as I now dislike the bloke he was a class act.

I'm also not wearing my blue tinted glasses and think unless we replace the players we have lost and get some depth to the team we are really going to struggle.
Can anyone tell me how we have improved the team from last season or the season before when we finished just above relegation. Yes we have signed a replacement for Westy but in my eyes the team as it stands is weaker than last season as it is the same team without several key players and first team backup players such as Doyle, Carsley etc now gone. Unless AT can work mirracles then how can people be more optimistic than last season when the team is the same players without key players being replaced.

Wake up people and smell the coffee people we are in the mire and really need a new investor as this game is all about money these days. If you cant invest in the team then you will struggle.

pusbccfc

SkyblueSteve. King was the worst player on the pitch ?
Did you go last year and watch the team. King was without doubt our best player last year. Anyone who watched the team on a regular basis would have seen he was a different class with his passing and distribution. As much as I now dislike the bloke he was a class act.

I'm also not wearing my blue tinted glasses and think unless we replace the players we have lost and get some depth to the team we are really going to struggle.
Can anyone tell me how we have improved the team from last season or the season before when we finished just above relegation. Yes we have signed a replacement for Westy but in my eyes the team as it stands is weaker than last season as it is the same team without several key players and first team backup players such as Doyle, Carsley etc now gone. Unless AT can work mirracles then how can people be more optimistic than last season when the team is the same players without key players being replaced.

Wake up people and smell the coffee people we are in the mire and really need a new investor as this game is all about money these days. If you cant invest in the team then you will struggle.

He was the best player for MOST of the games but he was by far the worst player on the pitch against norwich, he was dreadful

covcity4life

I don't know if i'm alone in thinking this, but im actually quite optimistic for the season ahead. Granted, we are short of a couple of players in the attacking department, but I think we have quite a decent squad. IMO, we are just 2 strikers and a midfielder away from having a solid squad.
A lot depends on injuries though as people have said.

yeh its weird but im more optimistic than most years,i believe thorns attacking formation will yield more points than we got last year even with less stars in the team

thats right,we will get 57 pts this year!

Il Pirata

We are one of the favourites for relegation ! ( just been on oddschecker ) . The bookies are not generally too far of the Mark .
Comparison I made elsewhere, in 2008-09 (William Hill):

Queens Park Rangers 6/1
Birmingham City 7/1
Reading 8/1
Sheffield United 11/1
Crystal Palace 11/1
Ipswich Town 12/1
Derby County 12/1
Wolverhampton Wanderers 14/1
Charlton Athletic 14/1
Watford 16/1
Norwich City 20/1
Cardiff City 20/1
Nottingham Forest 25/1
Coventry City 25/1
Bristol City 25/1
Swansea City 33/1
Preston North End 33/1
Southampton 40/1
Sheffield Wednesday 40/1
Plymouth Argyle 50/1
Doncaster Rovers 50/1
Burnley 50/1
Blackpool 80/1
Barnsley 80/1

Final league table:

1 Wolves 90 (8th)
2 Birmingham 83 (2nd)
3 Sheffield Utd 80 (4th)
4 Reading 77 (3rd)
5 Burnley 76 (22nd)
6 Preston 74 (17th)
7 Cardiff City 74 (12th)
8 Swansea City 68 (16th)
9 Ipswich Town 66 (6th)
10 Bristol City 61 (15th)
11 QPR 61 (1st)
12 Sheffield Wed 61 (4th)
13 Watford 58 (10th)
14 Doncaster 58 (21st)
15 Crystal Palace 57 (5th)
16 Blackpool 56 (23rd)
17 Coventry City 54 (14th)
18 Derby County 54 (7th)
19 Nottm Forest 53 (13th)
20 Barnsley 52 (24th)
21 Plymouth 51 (20th)
22 Norwich City 46 (11th)
23 Southampton 45 (18th)
24 Charlton 39 (9th)

2009-10:

Newcastle 9/2
Middlesboro 6/1
West Brom 13/2
Ipswich 10/1
Reading 11/1
QPR 12/1
Sheffield Utd 14/1
Preston 16/1
Cardiff 20/1
Derby 25/1
Swansea 25/1
Leicester 25/1
Crystal Palace 28/1
Watford 33/1
Bristol City 33/1
Peterborough 33/1
Nottingham Forest 40/1
Sheff Wed 40/1
Coventry 50/1
Blackpool 66/1
Doncaster 66/1
Plymouth 80/1
Barnsley 80/1
Scunthorpe 125/1

Final league table:

1 Newcastle 102 (1st)
2 WBA 91 (3rd)
3 Nottingham Forest 79 (17th)
4 Cardiff 76 (9th)
5 Leicester 76 (12th)
6 Blackpool 70 (20th)
7 Swansea 69 (11th)
8 Sheffield Utd 65 (7th)
9 Reading 63 (5th)
10 Bristol City 63 (15th)
11 Middlesbrough 62 (2nd)
12 Doncaster 60 (21st)
13 QPR 57 (6th)
14 Derby 56 (10th)
15 Ipswich 56 (4th)
16 Watford 54 (14th)
17 Preston 54 (8th)
18 Barnsley 54 (23rd)
19 Coventry 54 (19th)
20 Scunthorpe 52 (24th)
21 Crystal Palace 49 (13th)
22 Sheffield Wednesday (18th)
23 Plymouth (22nd)
24 Peterborough (16th)

2010-11:

Cardiff 9/1
Burnley 10/1
Middlesbrough 10/1
Nottingham Forest 10/1
QPR 10/1
Reading 10/1
Leicester 11/1
Hull 14/1
Ipswich 14/1
Portsmouth 14/1
Leeds 16/1
Sheff Utd 16/1
Norwich 16/1
Swansea 18/1
Bristol City 20/1
Millwall 25/1
Derby 30/1
Coventry 33/1
Preston 40/1
Barnsley 50/1
Crystal Palace 50/1
Doncaster 50/1
Watford 80/1
Scunthorpe 100/1

Final league table:

1 QPR 88 (5th)
2 Norwich 82 (13th)
3 Swansea 80 (14th)
4 Cardiff 80 (1st)
5 Reading 77 (6th)
6 Nottingham Forest 75 (4th)
7 Leeds 72 (11th)
8 Burnley 68 (2nd)
9 Millwall 67 (16th)
10 Leicester 67 (7th)
11 Hull 65 (8th)
12 Middlesbrough 62 (3rd)
13 Ipswich 62 (9th)
14 Watford 61 (23rd)
15 Bristol City 60 (15th)
16 Portsmouth 58 (10th)
17 Barnsley 56 (20th)
18 Coventry 55 (18th)
19 Derby 49 (17th)
20 Crystal Palace 48 (21st)
21 Doncaster 48 (22nd)
22 Preston 42 (19th)
23 Sheffield Utd 42 (12th)
24 Scunthorpe 42 (24th)

On the down side, they seem to get us right all the time. On the plus side, they get most of the others wrong :D

C

Clive Plattini

At least our expectations are low. So anything above 22nd will be a real bonus!!

pusbccfc

Andy thorn fav to get the sack, plus marlon 2nd fav for top goal scorer, juke though 40-1 might put a few quid on that tbf!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Meh that was expected after losing our 3 best players, no money to replace them and an inexperienced manager in charge. They don't know Thorn though, I fully expect Thorn to keep us up this season.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Our first team squad looks pretty good actually. But yes injuries could be our downfall. Still can't see us going down though.

The other thing to note is that many of our injuries last year were cuased by Hoofroyds style of training - physical training to match the style of play. Therefore I believe we'll have less injuries than before = good with the lack of squad depth.

Maybe I'm being positive but hey, someone has to be! :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

And in an alternative light...the squad doesn't look quite so good after a few injuries or a quick fire sale of 2 or 3 quality players. Take 10 points away too and even AT will find it tough.

Users who are viewing this thread