Latest odds (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Now 2nd favourites to win the league behind Sheff U at 7/1.

Pleased I stuck a tenner on at 25s before the season started. :)

PUSB

H

Huckerby

Now 2nd favourites to win the league behind Sheff U at 7/1.

Pleased I stuck a tenner on at 25s before the season started. :)

PUSB

Really? After 3 games? Must be a load of city fans lumping it on.

Astute

Really? After 3 games? Must be a load of city fans lumping it on.

Most shots. Most goals. Most points. Beat teams expected to be at or near the top. Playing great football. A draw next game should be enough to see us still top.

If we can keep it up our odds will shorten even more. More of a surprise to me that we are not favourites already.

H

Huckerby

Most shots. Most goals. Most points. Beat teams expected to be at or near the top. Playing great football. A draw next game should be enough to see us still top.

If we can keep it up our odds will shorten even more. More of a surprise to me that we are not favourites already.
I hear you Astute, but I just would've thought there's more info in the market than the results of the first three games is all

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Astute

I hear you Astute, but I just would've thought there's more info in the market than the results of the first three games is all

What more info are you after?

Millwall and Wigan were shorter odds than us. IMHO we outplayed the both of them. So we should be shorter odds than them. We outplayed Crewe. A very one sided 3-2. If we draw our next game we should still be top. If we win we will start pulling away from the rest of the clubs. If we lose we will only be 1 point off the top. Sheff Utd are 3 points and 7 goals behind us but are favourite to win. But we have not played them. I would guess that the money is still going on them. For what reason would you say that we shouldn't be second favourite? If you was the bookie would you offer 7/1 or more whilst we are playing this good? I wouldn't.

letsallsingtogether

Hope the odds go past evens and into the negative side things will be good then.

H

Huckerby

What more info are you after?

Millwall and Wigan were shorter odds than us. IMHO we outplayed the both of them. So we should be shorter odds than them. We outplayed Crewe. A very one sided 3-2. If we draw our next game we should still be top. If we win we will start pulling away from the rest of the clubs. If we lose we will only be 1 point off the top. Sheff Utd are 3 points and 7 goals behind us but are favourite to win. But we have not played them. I would guess that the money is still going on them. For what reason would you say that we shouldn't be second favourite? If you was the bookie would you offer 7/1 or more whilst we are playing this good? I wouldn't.
I said I hear you. Agree we've started well but it's long old season. It's either a very small market being influenced by some happy cov fans or we've convinced a lot of people in three games

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pipkin73

Living out here in GC i often get people saying "we backed Cov to win, but you lost" (then they swear at me. We may or may not be a big team (not getting involved in that thread)). BUT people do still back us on our name. So big team or not, people look at the games comming up for the pools (other bets) etc and see Coventry and back them to win (as we are league 1 and they remember us as premier league (in our time premiership, new name premier league). That alone says we should be a championship team, if in the Championship we would not get backed so much). Most of the people who call me out are from Cov the others are from the Midlands, Brum etc but scoucers seems to like us and back CCFC

Astute

I said I hear you. Agree we've started well but it's long old season. It's either a very small market being influenced by some happy cov fans or we've convinced a lot of people in three games

So what price do you think we should be, who should be shorter odds than us........and why?

LastGarrison

So what price do you think we should be, who should be shorter odds than us........and why?

I'm with Huckerby, way too short now.

Yes we've had a good start but Armstrong is only on loan to Jan, Reda is never going to be injury free all season and it only takes a couple of other key injuries to show the frailties of our squad. Other factors are the team is very young, which in fairness has its plusses and minuses, but other teams will also be changing their tactics when playing against us.

If I was on at 25's I'd be buzzing but certainly wouldn't be piling on at 7's.

Great start though and who knows if we keep the momentum going......

Skybluepiglet

7/1 after 3 games is way to low.

We are the best side after 3 games ..simple...but the season will have many twists and turns and in a league as open as ours I don't think its a bet I would be having..if they win the league who needs the money..I will overjoyed anyway.

Sky Blue Harry H

I actually think this side could cope better with Reda's absence than last season (provided Ricketts stays fit). If and when Armstrong does disappear during the season, then we will have at least one body in to replace him, Murphy can play down the middle, and we will be able to attract better loanees on the strength of our style of play. The biggest issue is our owners stance if somebody offers a Wilsonesque amount for Maddison. I suspect TMs view is the same as mine on that, and hopefully the owners will see the long term benefit for once. The good news is, I can't believe any players would want away while we are performing like this (unless we have a Leon Clarke lurking among the pack!).

Ashdown

As the team stands now with everyone fit and playing I think we'll be up there but this is City and we have SISU as owners so I'm fully expecting Reda to get crocked, Newcastle to recall Armstrong and the owners to flog Maddison in January...........bloody hope not though !

Skyblue4u

You forgot the clause our manager will have in his contract about going to another club. A few Championship clubs will no doubt sack their managers during the season and he will be linked to all of them

Astute

I'm with Huckerby, way too short now.

Yes we've had a good start but Armstrong is only on loan to Jan, Reda is never going to be injury free all season and it only takes a couple of other key injuries to show the frailties of our squad. Other factors are the team is very young, which in fairness has its plusses and minuses, but other teams will also be changing their tactics when playing against us.

If I was on at 25's I'd be buzzing but certainly wouldn't be piling on at 7's.

Great start though and who knows if we keep the momentum going......

Where have I said that we should be 7's or lower? What I said is they have to limit their liabilities. If we were still about 20/1 a lot of people would be putting their money on. And remember you can get E/W top 4 places. I took odds from 20/1 to 18/1. I won't be taking 7/1. But I also wouldn't like to cover 7/1 or higher. We are CCFC. We are not used to winning. Yes, we can get injuries to players and we only have a small squad. But we are not alone there. But what we do have is players that the other clubs would love. We also have the best manager. And just saying we are CCFC is not enough to say that our odds are too short. So far we have played the best football in this division. We are the only club to have won all of our games. And we have beat two clubs expected to be at or near the top easily. If we have a bad run our odds will get big again.

Users who are viewing this thread