Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ginetta - Ray Ranson's lovechild
NLHWC - Our squad similar value to Man City's
Dongle - Vendetta against Wikipedia editing man
Cloughie - Just plain weird.

Strange post??? What has this got to do with the latest odds? :thinking about:

dojer

I looked at a Sheffield United forum this week, some fans are talking about potentially being relegated. Their finances are apparently not in great shape, neither is their squad. There are some weak looking teams in League 1 at the moment, so I can't imagine Sheffield United being relegated. It is making me upgrade my predictions for our season, but we desperately need to improve in midfield and up front in order to challenge. I'd say that we probably already have a top 6 squad, based on reputation, but we need depth and the team to gel.

mark82

I looked at a Sheffield United forum this week, some fans are talking about potentially being relegated. Their finances are apparently not in great shape, neither is their squad. There are some weak looking teams in League 1 at the moment, so I can't imagine Sheffield United being relegated. It is making me upgrade my predictions for our season, but we desperately need to improve in midfield and up front in order to challenge. I'd say that we probably already have a top 6 squad, based on reputation, but we need depth and the team to gel.

When they came down they were in a similar financial state to ourselves. They lumped everything on promotion last year and need to reduce the wage bill this year.

Delboycov

Weren't we 10's at one stage with some?..why are our odds getting longer considering we now have Shitsu's about turn policy of actually signing players?

mark82

Weren't we 10's at one stage with some?..why are our odds getting longer considering we now have Shitsu's about turn policy of actually signing players?

Different bookies. Plus other teams also signing players. Must be a reaction to Preston signing Lee Trundle. Lol.

craigSKYBLUE

Sheffield utd odds havent budged since may/june.cant personally see how as they lost 10 bought 2 kids.morgan retiring aswell.
Personally think top 3 will be fought out between mkdons.swindon and us.

CW6

Our odds have drifted out since i last looked, that was before Keogh went though so i guess thats why

sky blue john

Odds are drifting because the bookies are not blinded by sentiment and deal with facts and statistics. They see that we have lost or sold all our championship quality proven players. We have brought in unproven freebies which is why our odds are what they are.

skyblueman

Odds are drifting because the bookies are not blinded by sentiment and deal with facts and statistics. They see that we have lost or sold all our championship quality proven players. We have brought in unproven freebies which is why our odds are what they are.

Spot on - bookies are pretty accurate gauges of where we really are - wonder what the odds are going to look like come the start of the season

mark82

But our odds have come in consistently up until the last week and drifted very slightly since we sold Keogh. The bookies on the face of it are actually more positive than most fans on here.

skybluedaze

Financially the blades are shot. I think morale will be low after such an epic fail last season. It might prove one playoff final defeat to many. Last season was mainly down to the lad that's now imprisoned, Ched Evans. My prediction is that they will struggle to make the playoffs, especially without a goalscorer. I predict Cody to find his scoring boots in this league. MK Dons will be the danger. Possibly Swindon. Sky Blues to be crowned champions? Definately.

To win the league - Betfair

Sheff Utd 6.4
MK Dons 8.8
Swindon 10.5
Preston 13.5
Coventry 14

below is the Betfair market a few minutes ago.
2 points to note - not much money in there, but £9,92 wanting to back us at 12.5/1 is odd.
Who could it be?

Winner 2012/13 - Matched: GBP17,587
Back Lay 101.4% 94.8% Market Activity Sheff Utd
6 £14 6.2 £272 6.4 £304 6.6 £462 6.8 £261 7 £16
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Swindon
9.8 £2 10 £31 10.5 £9 11 £89 11.5 £22 12 £14
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity MK Dons
8.4 £14 8.6 £6 8.8 £12 9 £74 9.2 £52 9.6 £26
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Coventry
11.5 £10 12 £63 12.5 £68 13 £48 13.5 £9,926 15 £35
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Preston
12.5 £30 13 £65 13.5 £17 14 £60 14.5 £20 15 £38
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Bournemouth
15.5 £42 16 £24 16.5 £23 17 £34 17.5 £15 18 £52
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Doncaster
15.5 £18 16 £28 16.5 £5 17 £28 17.5 £55 18 £22
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Brentford
15.5 £25 16 £41 16.5 £106 17 £31 17.5 £57 18 £27
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Notts Co
14.5 £2 16 £18 16.5 £24 17 £46 17.5 £66 18 £26
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Crawley Town
19 £36 19.5 £3 20 £24 22 £4 23 £13 26 £5
loader_10464_.gif
Market Activity Portsmouth
36 £37 38 £13 40 £2 60 £5 1000 £2

skybluedaze

its very simple, the punters are not backing us and so the odds are drifting

Strange that nobody's interested? :thinking about: It looks good value to me. That's me being biased though. I wouldn't want to be favourites anyway. How many teams outside the Premier League live up to the hype? It would be intesting to see how many teams that were tipped up to win the league, actually achieved it over the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread