Latest: Fisher says 'no chance' of CCFC playing at Ricoh (4 Viewers)

lifelongcityfan

I hope this is the final throw of the dice from sisu (posturing!!) and not a realistic plan. Maybe they are getting deperate and trying to force the issue. Hopefully this is the end game and acl will not blink, and isus will let go.
Maybe i have had one too many and this is a dream- but i agree with others this does not make sense and i cannot believe sisu believe this is going to work

bigfatronssba

<p>
Don't be a dickhead.

Im sorry, but once the club leaves Coventry they are no longer Coventry City. You would not be supporting a team representing this city.

ajsccfc

<p>

Im sorry, but once the club leaves Coventry they are no longer Coventry City. You would not be supporting a team representing this city.

People that continue to support the club aren't 'traitors' in the same way that season ticket holders for the season just finished aren't 'scum' as was theorised by someone else.

bigfatronssba

Assuming this all happened, there would always be a chance that they would return to the Ricoh.

So what council is going to give permission for a shitty ground that could be left empty in a few years?

SkyblueBazza

Don't know what you're drinking Bazza but I want some! You trust a word they say? Sharing with Walsall or Birmingham for 3 years minimum...and possibly a lot longer (Arena Whenever?) or not at all then back to a site which judging by his careful choice of words won't even be in Coventry? They have bumbled from one disaster to another but because he's talking a good game you're taken in by it? End of the club if this is allowed to happen for me.

The FL would only allow 3yrs is my understanding. These people play hard ball everywhere they go...but they usually make a success of stuff eventually. Sport it a big money spinner & to have a fail on their record would limit other options that may arise in other sports. The words he chose were careful not to suggest "in the City" - maybe they are wising up? Promises that you do not deliver on = much hate...& I doubt if anyone really enjoys being hated, they just put a brave face on it.
I'm drinking HSB tonight btw, if that means I'm "taken-in"?

dongonzalos

Assuming this all happened, there would always be a chance that they would return to the Ricoh.

So what council is going to give permission for a shitty ground that could be left empty in a few years?

They think the council doesn't believe them. They think 6 months of Coventry more importantly the Ricoh not having a club. Will have the council begging them to come back.

That is not going to happen

A new stadium isn't viable.

bigfatronssba

<p>
People that continue to support the club aren't 'traitors' in the same way that season ticket holders for the season just finished aren't 'scum' as was theorised by someone else.

I never called season ticket holders scum. Up until this point I've always believed that we all should do what's right.

However this is a step to far, and anyone with an ounce of loyalty will not be watching them at home matches outside the city.

SkyblueBazza

If we have the cash to build a new ground we have the cash to buy at least some of ACL.

Which would only give us some of the revenue. Long term most of us seem to agree that all of the revenue & owning our own stadium is the best way forward whoever the owner is?
I just want to be able for us all to get this severe distraction done & dusted so we can argue about things we have much better understanding of. Like who should play at left back before a game & whether it was a handball afterwards!

lifelongcityfan

I would prefer ccfc in its current guise to die if sisu maintain control...it will death by a thousand cuts if they remain in charge. The latest posturing is yet another clear sign of how they operate. This is just a scam to sell season tickets. The reliaty is that we have all seen through it and no lomger want to give sisu any more funds. better to start over agin than have these bastards in charge.

dongonzalos

The keepmoat has 15k capacity and cost 21 million to build in 2007.

So I guess may 25 million 6 years later?

Saying that some sources suggest a build cost of 32 million!

MK Dons cost 30 million

Last edited:

ajsccfc

<p>

I never called season ticket holders scum. Up until this point I've always believed that we all should do what's right.

However this is a step to far, and anyone with an ounce of loyalty will not be watching them at home matches outside the city.

Someone else called them scum in an attempt to shame fans into agreeing with them, as you're now doing by claiming anyone following the team next season as traitors without loyalty. It makes a mockery of any talk about a united front, it's just empty rhetoric.

Deanoaka

I'd love to know where this money is coming from to build the stadium. We could hardly afford a decent player when they "ran" the club. This will only add to their offshore account debts!

Who they trying to kid. This isn't fantasy football Sisu.....

Brighton Sky Blue

Which would only give us some of the revenue. Long term most of us seem to agree that all of the revenue & owning our own stadium is the best way forward whoever the owner is?
I just want to be able for us all to get this severe distraction done & dusted so we can argue about things we have much better understanding of. Like who should play at left back before a game & whether it was a handball afterwards!

We could use it as a platform for full ownership and it would surely be better than the madness Timmy is proposing?

Fox in the Snow

Leicester fan in peace.

I really feel for you guys, to be honest, and I hope if this i true that you manage to get yourself a new home in the city or as close is acceptable to your supporters. Coventry is a club with a proud history and not too dissimilar to that of my own; although of course you lot have something in the trophy cabinet we all crave twenty miles up the road. I work in Coventry (about ten minutes walk from the Ricoh in fact) and studied there for four years so feel an affinity with the place. The club is part of the local fabric and can't be allowed to die. If the current incarnation goes down then something must rise in its place, run by the supporters preferably.

There are idiots on this side of the fence who take pleasure in your plight. Most real football supporters don't though. If my city's industry had been decimated and my football club's ownership had been as incompetent as yours then we'd be in the same position as you. It only takes the wrong set of circumstances to conspire. Anyway, I don't mean to rub anything in; just to offer a bit of meaningless support, really. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck.

Sba180

I think its a threat yo be fair ("we do not threaten") however, if this happened would we not own our own stadium, generating our own revenue? Isn't this what people want? I don't want SISU here either but it seems people want their cake and eat it. Or have i missed a point?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Leicester fan in peace.

I really feel for you guys, to be honest, and I hope if this i true that you manage to get yourself a new home in the city or as close is acceptable to your supporters. Coventry is a club with a proud history and not too dissimilar to that of my own; although of course you lot have something in the trophy cabinet we all crave twenty miles up the road. I work in Coventry (about ten minutes walk from the Ricoh in fact) and studied there for four years so feel an affinity with the place. The club is part of the local fabric and can't be allowed to die. If the current incarnation goes down then something must rise in its place, run by the supporters preferably.

There are idiots on this side of the fence who take pleasure in your plight. Most real football supporters don't though. If my city's industry had been decimated and my football club's ownership had been as incompetent as yours then we'd be in the same position as you. It only takes the wrong set of circumstances to conspire. Anyway, I don't mean to rub anything in; just to offer a bit of meaningless support, really. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the comments.

I was at an industry conference this week and chatting to fans of other clubs they were all very supportive (and grateful that SISU had never got hold of them).

SkyblueBazza

<p>

A great many of us share your loyalty. They might show it in diametrically opposite ways though - like support the Club through thick & thin...& if that means travelling to Brighton for home games - they'd do it! That does not make them wrong necessarily. They just differ in what they think "what's right", as you call it, actually is.

CCFC_GT

Has anyone stopped & thought for a minute? That it might just work & deliver the long-term-vision of a "solid, vibrant club"?
I suggested ages ago - many things in life have to be deconstructed to be improved. Read up on what happened to make British Cycling the force it is (whose success is pretty much taken for granted now). Maybe they have the wherewithal to actually do it??? They seem to have a bucketload of front & resolve at least.

I am just sick to the back teeth of SISU now and the depths to which it has already dragged this proud club. I don't believe for one minute that this hedge fund ever had a long term plan or any interest in our club, only a quick buck approach that went disastrously wrong, and now it is purely intent on trying to recover financially itself as best it can from this sorry mess. Of course it may be true that for SISU to avoid realising huge losses it would need to build a solid vibrant football club, but nothing SISU has done so far convinces me it is capable of achieving this.

SkyblueBazza

They think the council doesn't believe them. They think 6 months of Coventry more importantly the Ricoh not having a club. Will have the council begging them to come back.

That is not going to happen

A new stadium isn't viable.

Many thought it was when we moved to the Ricoh...oops!

Brighton Sky Blue

A great many of us share your loyalty. They might show it in diametrically opposite ways though - like support the Club through thick & thin...& if that means travelling to Brighton for home games - they'd do it! That does not make them wrong necessarily. They just differ in what they think "what's right", as you call it, actually is.

If only I still lived there!

SkyblueBazza

I am just sick to the back teeth of SISU now and the depths to which it has already dragged this proud club. I don't believe for one minute that this hedge fund ever had a long term plan or any interest in our club, only a quick buck approach that went disastrously wrong, and now it is purely intent on trying to recover financially itself as best it can from this sorry mess. Of course it may be true that for SISU to avoid realising huge losses it would need to build a solid vibrant football club, but nothing SISU has done so far convinces me it is capable of achieving this.

I share your frustration BUT just imagine their long term vision was a multiple sporting franchise in various countries across the world? They would need their victory to support that vision & will go to whatever lengths are needed to get it. Walking away might not be an option for them UNLESS they get their money back.

Fox in the Snow

Thanks for the comments.

I was at an industry conference this week and chatting to fans of other clubs they were all very supportive (and grateful that SISU had never got hold of them).

You're welcome.

Is there no possibility of a supporters trust raising funds and running the show? It's all well and good this American chap talking the talk but ultimately, however much cash he has, the club still won't e yours. A better position than the current one, no doubt, but foreign owners with lots of money aren't all their cracked up to be. Take us for example. We're in a ridiculous amount of debt and are nothing more than a living breathing advertising hoarding for King Power. And yet I'm still stupid enough to buy my season ticket. In he blood, I suppose.

Anyway, surely some kind of fans' consortium and perhaps a deal with the rugby club to groundshare wouldn't be a bad move, even if it means dropping into non-league for a time. At leaat the club would be yours again and you'd be back soon enough.

Brighton Sky Blue

Leicester fan in peace.

Cardiff run up £80m of debt and go up to the PL. We run up over £70m and could probably go to League 2. It's just so so wrong.

James Smith

My Chelsea supporting mate just sent me a message asking why our club seems to attract nutjobs and a link to the story. My initial reaction wasn't something that is suitable for audiences before the watershed and could have woken up my neighbours. He does understand that we become more of a laughing stock every time he seems to open his mouth, doesn't he? I think Grendel makes more sense than Tim and that's saying something.

So we're ground sharing whilst this mythical stadium is built are we, presumably with a diminished attendance as a result. Is this club he's been talking to offering Food and Beverage revenues or are we relying on the barrow sorry Club shop for the lovely extra revenue we need for FFP?

If someone else came out with drivel like this I'd ask if their medication had been stopped or changed.

wingy

By the way did i say Fuck off TF .CHeerio Cheerio Cheerio .
Hello to the two team City ,what a dickhead the guy is on Crystal Meth.:eek::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread