Latest CCFC letter on planning application - Planning Meeting (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If you say so have you a link to that;)
What pisses me off is we have offered to demonstrate on behalf of the club put pressure on councilors but all has been turned down by our owners.

I think the fact he had 3 minutes and 1 of them didn't know who he was, as well as the fact they had the "result" written up and printed to hand out and online kind of says it wouldn't make a difference.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
At the risk of going round in circles doesn't the list CA sent form the Agenda for a meeting ? But whatever as Jan says someone has to break the circle don't they or the alternative is no Academy.

The decision today just made the CSF/Wasp hand stronger, and I am not sure aside from legal action or moving away what leverage CCFC has to use...... and one of those options really isn't leverage at all

We know the rules have some flexibility, we know we passed the audit despite not being 100% tick box perfect on facilities, we know that parts of the Academy since 2013 have operated at other sites and FL prepared to work with that going forward, we know there is potential for use of indoor facilities at times CCFC have asked for, we know there should be a basis for discussion to keep the Cat 2 Academy going, we know etc etc ...........................

Frustrating and I give up for today, going to get some work done :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

OffenhamSkyBlue

Hold on ... there were many on here who said that if they sent MV rather than CA, we wouldn't be taken seriously. So Tim Fisher (is he MD or Chair of the Board, I lose track) goes, TRIES to get over many of the points raised in yesterday's letter which he was signatory to, and gets pilloried for it!

Nick

Administrator
Not really. Think we would all have preferred someone else :)

I said I'd prefer Venus to play on the heart strings and speak as a footballer. I don't think anything could be changed in 3 minutes.... I didnt know then it was 3 minutes.

ashbyjan

Nick I cannot remember the full chronology of it and quite frankly cannot be bothered to see who said what before the other but as far as I remember the request for a list came after the cancelled meetings. Don't forget the news about the missed meetings didn't emerge until over a week after they didn't happen. However the Trust will continue to push this. The Academy is too important an issue to let pigheaded attitudes from any of the parties get in the way. We will be contacting all the parties again and insisting that they act and get the matter resolved. Its not about PR bullshit its about our clubs future - the fight for the academy is far from over. Todays approval is not welcome but it is not a nail in the academy coffin. Now is the time to increase the pressure on all the appropriate parties and push them towards a resolution. Like I said its not about playing the blame game or digging up past idiotic statements its about saving the academy.

mattylad

Was always going to happen im afraid. Hate to say it but i dont think plannjng regulations take into account the CCFC emotional argument.
Its a new building on a site already used for sport so 100% was always getting the nod, there was nothing to refuse it on. From a CCFC pov the battle was lost the day the went public saying they were going to leave the site, just more shocking negotiation tactics with a land lord. Imagine renting a house turning round and saying im leaving and then being offended that he is going to rent it to your ex wife on the alimony you pay her....well done CCFC another great big kick in our own balls

Astute

Hold on ... there were many on here who said that if they sent MV rather than CA, we wouldn't be taken seriously. So Tim Fisher (is he MD or Chair of the Board, I lose track) goes, TRIES to get over many of the points raised in yesterday's letter which he was signatory to, and gets pilloried for it!
He used points that would never be considered in any planning permission and you want him to get congratulated?

mattylad

Nick I cannot remember the full chronology of it and quite frankly cannot be bothered to see who said what before the other but as far as I remember the request for a list came after the cancelled meetings. Don't forget the news about the missed meetings didn't emerge until over a week after they didn't happen. However the Trust will continue to push this. The Academy is too important an issue to let pigheaded attitudes from any of the parties get in the way. We will be contacting all the parties again and insisting that they act and get the matter resolved. Its not about PR bullshit its about our clubs future - the fight for the academy is far from over. Todays approval is not welcome but it is not a nail in the academy coffin. Now is the time to increase the pressure on all the appropriate parties and push them towards a resolution. Like I said its not about playing the blame game or digging up past idiotic statements its about saving the academy.
Well said no reason the club can't keep an academy going it just needs everyone to step back and look at what can be done.

Nick

Administrator

No, he said from the start about it being in writing.

8th June

“Given the technical nature of the discussion we would need to have, I asked him to put his ideas to me in writing, which he has declined to do.”

Doesn't go to meeting on July 6.

Then it is spun he wants it in writing after the meeting.

chiefdave

Nick I cannot remember the full chronology of it and quite frankly cannot be bothered to see who said what before the other but as far as I remember the request for a list came after the cancelled meetings.
It was back in May that Anderson took that stance.

ashbyjan

I said I'd prefer Venus to play on the heart strings and speak as a footballer. I don't think anything could be changed in 3 minutes.... I didnt know then it was 3 minutes.
In my opinion the club should have got whatever planning expert they used to help in Fisher letter to speak - this committee wasn't interested in heartstrings it is about planning matters and that was going to be the only thing that could have stopped it. They should have made a much bigger play of the Sport England angle.

chiefdave

No, he said from the start about it being in writing.

8th June

Doesn't go to meeting on July 6.

Then it is spun he wants it in writing after the meeting.
In the CT on 1st June Breed confirmed it had been sent to CSF by Anderson in recent weeks so that's May at the latest, possibly even April.

OffenhamSkyBlue

At least he had the balls to turn up, but he could not have made a case in 3 minutes. Nor could anyone, I doubt. As said previously, the planning arguments were set out in the letter. What was the alternative? Not to go or not to speak. Have a word with yourself

Nick

Administrator

You also say it is not about past statements, you need to take them all into consideration.

If Breed is saying CCFC said things in meetings but has no written minutes or emails for example, probably explains why they want things in writing before they get the PR game played.

Have a look at the bigger picture, otherwise you will end up meeting with CSF and just calling on the club again. Rather than giving them pressure and questions.

Nick

Administrator
In my opinion the club should have got whatever planning expert they used to help in Fisher letter to speak - this committee wasn't interested in heartstrings it is about planning matters and that was going to be the only thing that could have stopped it. They should have made a much bigger play of the Sport England angle.

Even then, it was 3 minutes....

skybluetony176

At least he had the balls to turn up, but he could not have made a case in 3 minutes. Nor could anyone, I doubt. As said previously, the planning arguments were set out in the letter. What was the alternative? Not to go or not to speak. Have a word with yourself

So was the effects on the academy. The effects on the academy aren't a consideration. Anything contravening planning regs and specifically the conditions that the original development had to meet regarding green belt are, yet he only talked about the irrelevant bit of the letter.

Balls to turn up my arse. More likely he didn't have the balls to tell Joy he didn't want to go.

Captain Dart

Reap what they sow, that is going to be thrown about a fair bit... Already been said on here today a couple of times!
I said it lots of times, I hasten to add that guy isn't me. I'm much scruffier. :rolleyes:

Nick

Administrator
So was the effects on the academy. The effects on the academy aren't a consideration. Anything contravening planning regs and specifically the conditions that the original development had to meet regarding green belt are, yet he only talked about the irrelevant bit of the letter.

Balls to turn up my arse. More likely he didn't have the balls to tell Joy he didn't want to go.

What would you have said if he didn't go?

Captain Dart

You also say it is not about past statements, you need to take them all into consideration.

If Breed is saying CCFC said things in meetings but has no written minutes or emails for example, probably explains why they want things in writing before they get the PR game played.

Have a look at the bigger picture, otherwise you will end up meeting with CSF and just calling on the club again. Rather than giving them pressure and questions.

Have they actually said he is lying?

Nick

Administrator
Have they actually said he is lying?

You would think so, considering they have said all along they haven't told them they want to leave..

So somebody is, and if Breed can pull the emails and documents out saying it to prove it then it is proven isn't it? Job done and fair play to him!

skybluetony176

What would you have said if he didn't go?

He might as well not have for the relevance of what he did say on the application. Waste of time even bothering. If you're going to go to the trouble of paying for independent expert advice why not use it in your three minutes? They should have used the advice and had the most relevant part's and got it down in a well rehearsed three minute speech. Can you even say that we're taking it seriously considering what he got up and said? They had to stop him waffling mid speech. Had he actually practiced any three minute speech at all? Doesn't sound like it.

Captain Dart

You would think so, considering they have said all along they haven't told them they want to leave..

So somebody is.

I think there may be a difference of emphasis, one says they want to leave (in the medium to long term), the other says they want to stay (in the short to medium term).
CSF are not going to plan based on a maybe at some unspecified point in the future, so they're not playing ball unless CCFC commit.
That is the crux of the matter, SISU won't commit to anything long term and Wasps/CSF want that commitment.
Rock & hard place.

Nick

Administrator
He might as well not have for the relevance of what he did say on the application. Waste of time even bothering. If you're going to go to the trouble of paying for independent expert advice why not use it in your three minutes? They should have used the advice and had the most relevant part's and got it down in a well rehearsed three minute speech. Can you even say that we're taking it seriously considering what he got up and said? They had to stop him waffling mid speech. Had he actually practiced any three minute speech at all? Doesn't sound like it.
Yes, he should have not bothered at all.

chiefdave

CSF are not going to plan based on a maybe at some unspecified point in the future, so they're not playing ball unless CCFC commit.
That is the crux of the matter, SISU won't commit to anything long term and Wasps/CSF want that commitment.
Anderson offered to move the first team to Higgs as well as a show of commitment to a long term deal.

covmark

I'm just glad nobody would have had an issue. Still, you could have been angry either way.

Winner
This is the crux of it. Outrage whatever the circumstances. Wished I'd never opened this thread tbh. Just post after post of moaning Tony.
Need to remember to stick to the football threads from now on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

It amazes me. I can't imagine the fans of any other club reacting to this sort of news the way ours do.
It amazes me to , relegations, ground share 40 miles from home, rent strikes, passing up
The opportunity to purchase the stadium, never ending court cases, administration,
Points deductions, no ambition, etc
You're right I can't imagine fans of any other club reacting to our ownership the way some
Of ours do.

Captain Dart

Anderson offered to move the first team to Higgs as well as a show of commitment to a long term deal.

I'll need to check what was published about that. I'll get back later.

Nick

Administrator
It amazes me to , relegations, ground share 40 miles from home, rent strikes, passing up
The opportunity to purchase the stadium, never ending court cases, administration,
Points deductions, no ambition, etc
You're right I can't imagine fans of any other club reacting to our ownership the way some
Of ours do.

So you think fans of Leeds who hate their owners would be the same?

Users who are viewing this thread