Last Nights Atmosphere (1 Viewer)

SBS

Obviously outside last night was a bit of a shambles, so I'm not sure the official attendance is right, but that seemed to be the liveliest the Ricoh has been for a while. Is it time to close the CET stand permanently and move all the fans into one area? In my opinion, it is. Last night proved what a difference it makes. It was hostile when they were taking penalties, that's what a football ground should be like.

Also noticed there was no tacky goal music last night, which is definitely the right thing to do. Got a nice chorus of "Who are ya?" going.

Nick

Administrator
They did have stupidly annoying half time music that played over and over and over and over.

covcity4life

the elevater music!

im not sure about closing et but closing the top half off and bunching people together is a good idea, they should probably leave the scoreboard zone as it is though

pusbccfc

Great atmosphere last night.
Was good that the tesco stand joined in for the 'PUSB' and 'Que Sara'! First I've heard a peep from them.

Block 15/16 was the busiest its been all season. Anyone from the Telegraph move up there for a change last night?

Astute

But who goes to a game just to watch it? I have always gone where the atmosphere is.

Jonny

Ticket was for Block 23, moved up to Singer's Corner like usual despite stewards trying to stop me. Best atmosphere all season, let's hope for the same on Saturday!

skybluejack10

no, we've got to close all the upper tiers aroudn the ground to make it more compact and make the area that all the fans are in more packed which would create a great atmosphere! it was good last night, atmosphere wise but it looks terrible having half the ground shut!

ohitsaidwalker king power

Good atmosphere last night... even I joined in with a few choruses!! A former Mainstander and now a library assistant in block 1!!
Allow fans closer to each other behind the goal.. why oh why there is so much of a 'dead mans' land for games is beyond me. 1 Block max. At premier league games it is about 5 seats?(Chelsea)

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Can you move your season ticket? Got mine in the Telegrpah Stand but want to move over to the Tesco Stand. Is there any fee involved?

SBS

no, we've got to close all the upper tiers aroudn the ground to make it more compact and make the area that all the fans are in more packed which would create a great atmosphere! it was good last night, atmosphere wise but it looks terrible having half the ground shut!

I actually thought it looked better. We got in late due to the queues, went to go up to the Telegraph stand but were stopped at the top of the stairs. The Main stand looked full. One full stand looks better than two sparsely populated ones in my opinion. This ground is too easy for away teams to come to, we need to make it intimidating by keeping the fans together and making noise.

ccfchandsy

I actually thought it looked better. We got in late due to the queues, went to go up to the Telegraph stand but were stopped at the top of the stairs. The Main stand looked full. One full stand looks better than two sparsely populated ones in my opinion. This ground is too easy for away teams to come to, we need to make it intimidating by keeping the fans together and making noise.

I agree we all made so much noise I was in block 15 and can hardly talk today oh I was the one who started the olays

pusbccfc

Can you move your season ticket? Got mine in the Telegrpah Stand but want to move over to the Tesco Stand. Is there any fee involved?

My mate never got charged last season.

They may change 5quid as that's how much it is to get a new card when lost

torchomatic

The atmosphere was good last night. I was amazed so many turned up. It's great when we get a big crowd, so being squashed together was good, although I did miss my usual seat behind the goal.

Users who are viewing this thread