Last night (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

Firstly, we played well. Platt and Nimley looked a threat. Gave Blackpool loads of problems.

Clingan was poor. Deegan didn't seem to know where he was playing. Thomas played well as did Macca. Christe going forward was a threat and Herman did but after 60 mins he was fucked and was at fault for the first goal. Fresh legs should have been bought on earlier. Keogh craine solid as usual.

Last night yet again we lose points because of late goals. Now for 70 mins we were the best team. Once Blackpool made changes it changed the match. Thorn should have seen Blackpool were battering us and made changes himself. HH was class for me but looked fecked after 60 mins. Should have bought wood on for him.

Why he made changes after 86 and 92nd minute is pointless. These should have been made after 70mins.

Lack of tactical awareness again has cost is points.

On a side note - great support again by the sky blue army. Feeling it this morning tho.

Also spoke to Hoffman and he said now January out the way SISU will talk he thinks... So fingers crossed.

EleanorRigby

Also spoke to Hoffman and he said now January out the way SISU will talk he thinks... So fingers crossed.
Can't understand why this consortium couldn't fund a couple of decent loans in the short term, there's wealth there and wouldn't cost millions and if sisu turned an offer to do so down would realy put them on the spot with the fans.

mark82

Firstly, we played well. Platt and Nimley looked a threat. Gave Blackpool loads of problems.

Clingan was poor. Deegan didn't seem to know where he was playing. Thomas played well as did Macca. Christe going forward was a threat and Herman did but after 60 mins he was fecked and was at fault for the first goal. Fresh legs should have been bought on earlier. Keogh craine solid as usual.

Last night yet again we lose points because of late goals. Now for 70 mins we were the best team. Once Blackpool made changes it changed the match. Thorn should have seen Blackpool were battering us and made changes himself. HH was class for me but looked fecked after 60 mins. Should have bought wood on for him.

Why he made changes after 86 and 92nd minute is pointless. These should have been made after 70mins.

Lack of tactical awareness again has cost is points.

On a side note - great support again by the sky blue army. Feeling it this morning tho.

Nice to see someone talking about the positives for a change.

CUS Wyken

We played well and more then held our own but the Cov fans were calling for a sub to be made with 20 mins. We could see Blackpool was piling on the pressure and certain players were knackered.

His subs of 86mins and 92 mins were just pointless.

nicksig

I think this is the lowest point in my time as a City fan (roughly 20 years). Hoffman if you ever read these threads please rescue our club while there is still something to play for

CUS Wyken

The tactical naivety of Andy Thorn?

All the best

Well HH was at fault for the equaliser and to me should have taken him off with at least 10 mins to go. It was clear to us fans because he was our-side that he was blowing out of his arse.

Not sure why he took Nimley off after the equaliser. If he was going to take Nimley off then surely should have done it earlier on.

Not sure what his thinking behind the subs were.

CUS Wyken

Can someone give some ratings for the players please? Or is there already a thread for this?

Murphy 6 – Made a couple of decent saves and claims but was at fault for there winner.

Christie 7 – Defended well and pushed forward.

Keogh 7 – Solid as ever

Craine 7 – As Keogh, solid as always

HH 6 – Played well upto the 70th min but then was tiring and at fault for the equaliser

Macca 7 - Caused plenty of problems and best away game ive seen him play

Deegan 5 – Didn’t seem to know his position and was ineffective throughout

Clingan 5 - Poor game. Did have a decent shot at goal mind when at 1-1 but other than that poor.

Thomas 8 – got stuck in, made runs forward and could have scored first half. Glad to see him get a goal.

Nimley 8 – Threat all game and very Intelligent player.

Platt 7 – Good in the air and worked well with Nimley.

hughescov

Murphy 6 – Made a couple of decent saves and claims but was at fault for there winner.

Christie 7 – Defended well and pushed forward.

Keogh 7 – Solid as ever

Craine 7 – As Keogh, solid as always

HH 6 – Played well upto the 70th min but then was tiring and at fault for the equaliser

Macca 7 - Caused plenty of problems and best away game ive seen him play

Deegan 5 – Didn’t seem to know his position and was ineffective throughout

Clingan 5 - Poor game. Did have a decent shot at goal mind when at 1-1 but other than that poor.

Thomas 8 – got stuck in, made runs forward and could have scored first half. Glad to see him get a goal.

Nimley 8 – Threat all game and very Intelligent player.

Platt 7 – Good in the air and worked well with Nimley.

Cheers, seems some half decent ratings apart from the centre of midfield..

CUS Wyken

Mate, we played well. Others might disagree but Deegan looked lost on the right side of the diamond and Clingan was very ineffective again.

One of the best games I’ve seen Macca and Thomas play.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not sure what his thinking behind the subs were.

I dont think anyone apart from AT understood these decisions.

If he wanted to sit back with 5 at the back, he should have done it before the equaliser. Easiest thing to do would have been to keep our shape but bring Wood on for HH. His decision to change to 1 up front after the equaliser played a part in the winner, as Platt was trying to hold up play but without support so ultimately he was always going to lose possession.

On another note, it was pleasing to read that Holloway felt we were robbed of a point. That bloke is such a gent, and very honest in his views (so i dont think he was just saying it to make us feel better - not that it would work anyway). He also said in his pre match interview that was played on the big screen priornto kick off that he felt we were in a false position and didnt deserve to be where we are.

rob9872

Can't understand why this consortium couldn't fund a couple of decent loans in the short term, there's wealth there and wouldn't cost millions and if sisu turned an offer to do so down would realy put them on the spot with the fans.

I think for Championship clubs and lower there is still another short loan window which opens next week. Perhaps someone can confirm?

CovLis86

Yeah isnt that the emergency loan window? Think we can only get players on short term, rather than until end of season. Still, every little helps i guess.

CUS Wyken

I dont think anyone apart from AT understood these decisions.

If he wanted to sit back with 5 at the back, he should have done it before the equaliser. Easiest thing to do would have been to keep our shape but bring Wood on for HH. His decision to change to 1 up front after the equaliser played a part in the winner, as Platt was trying to hold up play but without support so ultimately he was always going to lose possession.

On another note, it was pleasing to read that Holloway felt we were robbed of a point. That bloke is such a gent, and very honest in his views (so i dont think he was just saying it to make us feel better - not that it would work anyway). He also said in his pre match interview that was played on the big screen priornto kick off that he felt we were in a false position and didnt deserve to be where we are.

The drive home was depressing. I was livid that he couldn’t see HH was tiring. He played well i know but you could tell his legs were going and Blackpool were aiming to that side alot of the time.

I thought we played well and deserved at least a draw.

How did that song go....? How shit must you be, were winning away. Haha Came back to haunt us at the end though. :(

torchomatic

against Boro AT brought on Bell for Deegan at half-time. It could be argued that that substitution sealed our win as Bell set up the
Third and nearly a fourth. My point? He can obviously change games with his subs, its just that when it doesn't work out he gets a lot of flack. When it does work. Silence.

CUS Wyken

against Boro AT brought on Bell for Deegan at half-time. It could be argued that that substitution sealed our win as Bell set up the
Third and nearly a fourth. My point? He can obviously change games with his subs, its just that when it doesn't work out he gets a lot of flack. When it does work. Silence.

I have a feeling 2 sending's off helped our cause that day Torch. Like i said, his gameplan at the start was spot on and worked a treat but once Blackpool made the changes he didn't reply with any himself.

Tired legs was our downfall.

Otis

Why do you keep saying that? I, along with a few others were all saying AT got that right.

Nick

Administrator

I also said it was a good move as Deegan was probably going to be sent off to level things up whenever he put in a tackle as he was on a yellow.

The sending off and Mowbray changing his tactics leaving 3 at the back changed the game!

sw88

Chief Commentator!

If fairness Torchy (and im not saying your response was against me personally) I did also commend AT on that very substitution in the past! Some work, some dont, but like giving credit where its due, its only fair critisism is given when its warranted too.

Also, during his tenure as manager, he has made alot of mistakes, most of which i thought he had worked on, but last night confirmed hew stil as naiaive as ever

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
I like AT a lot, i do think he is up against it with SISU and the lack of funds/players will make a major difference whatever people think. However, He is inexperienced and at times it shows. Holloway knew what was needed and reaped the rewards. Yes we are playing better and if you had said we will lose by the odd goal AGAIN, away at Blackpool but put in a performance i would have happily took it. Shame though, that we look good and should have shored up the team with 20 to go, but he didn't and we pay a dear price again. Lets hope Saturday continues our good home form, we most cetainly need it. I have hope that we can still stay up, beacuse of the crap around us....but that gap needs closing and fast!
PUSB

rob9872

That was because Deegan was on a booking though and they had a player already sent off. Refs so often like to even things up so that made sense in that we didn't give him the chance to. I guess that in itself is tactical of a kind but certainly (imo) wasn't because he thought Bell would influence the game more.

rob9872

Aw feck didn't see this page, so scrap that and as Nick already said! :(

CUS Wyken

I like AT a lot, i do think he is up against it with SISU and the lack of funds/players will make a major difference whatever people think. However, He is inexperienced and at times it shows. Holloway knew what was needed and reaped the rewards. Yes we are playing better and if you had said we will lose by the odd goal AGAIN, away at Blackpool but put in a performance i would have happily took it. Shame though, that we look good and should have shored up the team with 20 to go, but he didn't and we pay a dear price again. Lets hope Saturday continues our good home form, we most cetainly need it. I have hope that we can still stay up, beacuse of the crap around us....but that gap needs closing and fast!
PUSB

We missed out last night big time. Millwall, forest both losing and donny drawing.

pusbccfc

Baker or bell should have been subbed on for deegan at half time.
He was lost in midfield, and baker and bell give that extra dimension going forward.

I was impressed with cyrus worked is heart out forward and back again.

Thomas also was class with the front 3 as I'd call it, always looked a threat.

wingy

I,ve thought Bakers exit from the team a tad harsh as he was just settling into some rythym and form

Users who are viewing this thread