Last night.... (1 Viewer)

Briles

This could end up going 2 ways. They will either take heart from not losing in normal time twice to a Champ team, or it will exaggerate the seeds of doubt when we are winning by one (which happens often)

Second goal is becoming so important to us.

SAJ

Can’t see anything other than a positive at the moment. They will know they were the better team. Created more chances than a Championship team. The fact we missed opportunities is nothing new for the past few seasons. They will still perform to the same level miss sitters, dominate games, entertain us and I still believe get sufficient points for a minimum of play offs.

Briles

Can’t see anything other than a positive at the moment. They will know they were the better team. Created more chances than a Championship team. The fact we missed opportunities is nothing new for the past few seasons. They will still perform to the same level miss sitters, dominate games, entertain us and I still believe get sufficient points for a minimum of play offs.

I hope you're right, I've just got this niggling feeling that late goals could become a thing.

Ring Of Steel

I hope you're right, I've just got this niggling feeling that late goals could become a thing.
ffs You mean like going unbeaten for ages and rarely losing has become a "thing"?

Lets set the record straight here. Here's all the points we've gained & lost in the last few mins

Portsmouth- gained 1 point
Oxford- both scored in the last few mins- 0 points
Blackpool- gained 2 points
Wimbledon- gained 2 points
Doncaster- gained 1 point
Peterborough- both scored in the last few mins- 0 points
Sunderland- lost 2 points
Shrewsbury- lost 2 points

Thats +2 points so far coming from last gasp goals excluding games where both teams scored at the death.

This accusation of us being 'chokers' is ridiculous and a sign that there isn't really much else to be complaining about.

Briles

ffs You mean like going unbeaten for ages and rarely losing has become a "thing"?

Lets set the record straight here. Here's all the points we've gained & lost in the last few mins

Thats +2 points so far coming from last gasp goals excluding games where both teams scored at the death.

This accusation of us being 'chokers' is ridiculous and a sign that there isn't really much else to be complaining about.

Where I have accused us of being chokers? Re-read my post. I'm saying that conceding 2 last minute goals in one game might have an adverse affect on their ability to see out results.

Ring Of Steel

Where I have accused us of being chokers? Re-read my post. I'm saying that conceding 2 last minute goals in one game might have an adverse affect on their ability to see out results.
You literally might never see a season like this again, as of today its taken over 50 years to wait for a season where we have done as well, and we haven't even played one single game at home. Yet the main topic is your niggling feeling that doom is just around the corner, its all going to go wrong, and something which isn't a problem is actually going to be a huge problem.

Briles

You literally might never see a season like this again, as of today its taken over 50 years to wait for a season where we have done as well, and we haven't even played one single game at home. Yet the main topic is your niggling feeling that doom is just around the corner, its all going to go wrong, and something which isn't a problem is actually going to be a huge problem.

Trust me, as a Cov fan of 28 years, I will expect the worst until we are mathematically safe.

lord_garrincha

All positives... I hope!

Chances were being created... ok, a few missed, but a good sign.

Also the goals came down our left in the 90th & 120th minute, an area where our player who had not started a game in a long while (yeah, the 1st one O'Hare should have wiped him out!).

By going back to the box 4 in midfield, and we should kick on... However, tiredness might have an effect... maybe not on Saturday, but on Tuesday.

Londonccfcfan

This could end up going 2 ways. They will either take heart from not losing in normal time twice to a Champ team, or it will exaggerate the seeds of doubt when we are winning by one (which happens often)

Its a cliche, but tbf the 2nd goal is important to every team in the world.
But i know where your coming from, we dont make it easy.

robbiethemole

I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night, Lots of positives ie no silly mistakes, or rash challenges like of late. The only issue I saw was Mason looked very tired in extra time, but not suprising given his lack of game time. The second equaliser from Bela was a sliced cross, so very flukey. Overall not one of the lads let us down!! and walking back to the car amongst the Blues lot (coat tightly done up covering my top), I nearly laughed out loud at how many think they're going to turn Lesta over easily. Deluded wankers

DionDublinsJockstrap

From the first game they knew they couldn’t out pass us. As they game went on they became so one dimensional well two - hoof ball and long throws. It was true role reversal with the lower league team showing the class. In football you don’t always get what you deserve and that is one of the reasons why it is the worlds number one sport by a country mile

Covkid1968#

I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night, Lots of positives ie no silly mistakes, or rash challenges like of late. The only issue I saw was Mason looked very tired in extra time, but not suprising given his lack of game time. The second equaliser from Bela was a sliced cross, so very flukey. Overall not one of the lads let us down!! and walking back to the car amongst the Blues lot (coat tightly done up covering my top), I nearly laughed out loud at how many think they're going to turn Lesta over easily. Deluded wankers
Mason is not as effective going forward but looked solid defensively

SussexSkyBlue

Heard this last night from a fan close to me quote "this sums up our season, we can't hold onto a lead and concede late goals"

Couldn't be any further from the truth

Paxman II

It felt like a win tbf. MR's seems 'happy' about being out because he knows there are 17 games left to define our season and make the headlines.
No distraction, great squad, just need to work on those crosses as a unit.
My fingers are crossed we can do this. It could be us, pompey and Rotherham fighting for top 2 imho. Sunderland may get in that mix. Not easy with 3 'big' clubs fighting it out and a strong Rothethan unit.
But I just think in Walsh,O'Hare, Allen and Kelly we are probably the best footballing team in the division if not the best physical one. That we must learn to deal with and Tuesday will be a test of that, a game we really don't want to lose.

ccfcway

It felt like a win tbf. MR's seems 'happy' about being out because he knows there are 17 games left to define our season and make the headlines.
No distraction, great squad, just need to work on those crosses as a unit.
My fingers are crossed we can do this. It could be us, pompey and Rotherham fighting for top 2 imho. Sunderland may get in that mix. Not easy with 3 'big' clubs fighting it out and a strong Rothethan unit.
But I just think in Walsh,O'Hare, Allen and Kelly we are probably the best footballing team in the division if not the best physical one. That we must learn to deal with and Tuesday will be a test of that, a game we really don't want to lose.

spot on.

17 games to go. based on results so far, that will mean we lose 1, maybe 2 of them, If thats the case, we will be in the mix. Never been so unaffected to be knocked out the FA cup as I was last night. Bigger fish to fry !

stevefloyd

Yep fully agree... we won our mini fa cup by outplaying a championship team, yes a bastard to concede 2 late goals but the league is our number 1 priority we lost a pay day with the 6 fingered lot but promotion will give us a bigger pay day

no_loyalty

Also lost a point at home to Tranmere when they scored a late winner.

Grendel

Footballers just move on to the next game

After the Sutton game didn’t we beat Norwich who were flying?

Users who are viewing this thread