Last day to get tickets (1 Viewer)

Pezza

I'm on it through the queue and there are NO tickets for tonight showing! Absolute carry on!

CTID

And it wont let you login, get an error saying:

[h=1]Somethings gone wrong![/h] We seem to have hit a problem. We are now aware of this problem and will look to fix it.

We apologise for the inconvience

Try returning to the home page and trying again.

theferret

These tickets aren't going to get sold as this rate. I predict a statement around 10am apologising and promising an update 'shortly'. On Saturday morning we'll get another statement saying that these tickets will not now go on sale owing to the game having taken place already.

fernandopartridge

This ridiculous idea of forcing you to either go to the shop yesterday or online today has led to this. Who thinks these schemes up?

KersleyDigs

And it wont let you login, get an error saying:

Somethings gone wrong!

We seem to have hit a problem. We are now aware of this problem and will look to fix it.

We apologise for the inconvience

Try returning to the home page and trying again.

I said that to me at 06:00

SkyBlueMatt

There is no real excuse for this apart from either being inept or lazy.

The web servers they're running should be able to manage traffic from a couple of thousands of users without breaking a sweat. I suppose if you pay peanuts...

theferret

There is no real excuse for this apart from either being inept or lazy.

The web servers they're running should be able to manage traffic from a couple of thousands of users without breaking a sweat. I suppose if you pay peanuts...

It isn't the traffic though, the queuing system seems to handle that. The issue is that some numpty has forgotten to release the tickets for sale. You really couldn't make it up. It is human error unfortunately, but they'll probably blame 'unprecedented demand'.

Pezza

Well I can see anything changing till the club realise that the online systems isn't working and that won't be anytime soon.

CTID

The irony is that the queue system worked quite well. But then to get to a ticketless page, means that by the time they sort it out and the tickets are available, everyone will already be through the queue and we will all try to buy tickets at the same time....which will no doubt crash the system!

theferret

...doesn't help of course that they scheduled an automated tweet at 6.30. @CoventryCity is still in bed.

CTID

It isn't the traffic though, the queuing system seems to handle that. The issue is that some numpty has forgotten to release the tickets for sale. You really couldn't make it up. It is human error unfortunately, but they'll probably blame 'unprecedented demand'.

There is the issue of not being able to login though, that isn't human error. That is technical. I wonder what support the hosting company put in place at 6:30am this morning....probably none. So we will have to wait until a normal working day, 8am ish.

SkyBlueMatt

There is the issue of not being able to login though, that isn't human error. That is technical. I wonder what support the hosting company put in place at 6:30am this morning....probably none. So we will have to wait until a normal working day, 8am ish.

What are you talking about? An event this size that which effects customer perception of the company, we would be in constant communication with our website hosts. Any large company would, wouldn't they?

Pezza

maybe there are just not tickets available??! They did state that there were only a few available online.

CTID

What are you talking about? An event this size that which effects customer perception of the company, we would be in constant communication with our website hosts. Any large company would, wouldn't they?

Its a 3rd party hosting company, who we (the club) would have some sort of SLA with. Will we be paying extra for 24/7 or out of hours support with this hosting company? Have they even considered that 6:30am may be outside of their agreed support hours? Who knows!

acreswild

If you are in and logged on to the ticket page waiting for them to appear beware the refresh! Puts you back in the queue!!

Bill Glazier

Funny how hedge fund types always go on about the importance of fierce competition in a free market, but when it comes down to it, they couldn't run a bath.

Terry Gibson's perm

Was in the ticket bit and got bored waiting so thought I would look in the shop a fatal error as it threw me out and now I am back at 1431 in the queue!

CTID

anyone fancy ringing me when they sort this? I want to go back to sleep lol

Users who are viewing this thread