Last Day Of The Season (1 Viewer)

Not sure if it`s already been posted but whilst we are away at Wimbledon it's Rotherham v Sunderland.

Input conspiracy theories here please...….

MatthewWallis

Rotherham and Sunderland both need a point to go up, they suspiciously kick off 15 minutes late...

PurpleBin

Midday. Bit shit. Booked my train into London on the Saturday and back Monday. Staying with family who live about 20 minutes from Wimbledon near Woking (ish)

I think we'll be promoted by then. Champions decided on the last day.

Liquid Gold

Rotherham and Sunderland have been saying on twitter that they’d both blow us away and that day would be a joint promotion party “the whole of Rotherham red and white together in one big party”.

I think they’re in for a rude awakening which Rotherham might already have realised. It wouldn’t be great if this love in turned to hate as they battle it out with at least one missing out.

steve cooper

I honestly don't think it will go to the last day from our point of view. A few "supercomputers" are predicting 2nd or 3rd spot with 79 to 80 points for us, but I can't see that we would only get 19 points from 12 games. That would be something like 5 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats. I can see us hitting mid 80's comfortably.

Astute

I honestly don't think it will go to the last day from our point of view. A few "supercomputers" are predicting 2nd or 3rd spot with 79 to 80 points for us, but I can't see that we would only get 19 points from 12 games. That would be something like 5 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats. I can see us hitting mid 80's comfortably.
83/84 points needed with the form most clubs near the top are in.

Supercomputers? If they were that accurate they would take the bookies to the cleaners. Nobody knows what will happen in the next game let alone the next 12. Injuries? Suspensions? Drop of form?

Just take each game as it comes. We are finally safe from relegation. Next aim is to guarantee a playoff place. Only 6 points clear of 7th and played the same amount of games. Keep winning and a gap will open up. Lose a game we drop out of the top 2 unless we can make a gap of over 3 points.

But if Wycombe don't win at Donny and we beat Sunderland I will start believing. We would have at least a 4 point gap on 3rd place and a game in hand over nearly everyone.

PurpleBin

8 wins from 12 would probably do it. Based on our form there is no reason why we shouldn't do it. Probably 10 from 12 to take the title.

Astute

8 wins from 12 would probably do it. Based on our form there is no reason why we shouldn't do it. Probably 10 from 12 to take the title.
Sounds about right. But who knows.

We have a game in hand over Rotherham. Are they having a bit of a wobble? 1 win 2 draws in last 3 games. We win 8 in 12 they have to win 8 in 11.

This is why I try not to predict anything even though we are putting a small gap between us and the clubs below us with a game in hand over the top 4 sides and a 5 and 6 point advantage over the clubs who have played the same amount of games.

1 defeat would change everything.

D

Deleted member 2477

Not sure if it`s already been posted but whilst we are away at Wimbledon it's Rotherham v Sunderland.

Input conspiracy theories here please...….
All ready been talked about on both here and the scumberland forum

Liquid Gold

Our game in hand is against Wycombe. IF there is distance between us before then and we win it should knock them out of it.

clint van damme

Rotherham and Sunderland have been saying on twitter that they’d both blow us away and that day would be a joint promotion party “the whole of Rotherham red and white together in one big party”.

I think they’re in for a rude awakening which Rotherham might already have realised. It wouldn’t be great if this love in turned to hate as they battle it out with at least one missing out.

can you imagine the noise from all those duelling banjos?

Londonccfcfan

Not about how wins but who those wins are against more importantly.
Yes agree could be as high as 8 wins from 12. Tough task.

But depends who those wins are against.

May only require 6 wins and a few draws if the 6 wins include Sunderland, Oxford, Posh and Wycombe.

clint van damme

Midday. Bit shit. Booked my train into London on the Saturday and back Monday. Staying with family who live about 20 minutes from Wimbledon near Woking (ish)

I think we'll be promoted by then. Champions decided on the last day.

you confident of getting a ticket?

clint van damme

Nope, just a member. Unless someone gets me one on their ST i'll just go in the home end. If that fails then I'll watch it in a pub near the ground. I guess if it has anything riding on it, could make TV?

I think you'll need purchase history to get a home end ticket though if you've got family in the vicinity you'll probably be OK. I think people using a Midlands address will struggle.

I enquired about away hospitality but it 's all gone, our support are sneaky bastards! Just going to have to rely on the ST scramble and hope I get one.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Very organised of you purplebin.

I'm also just a member....if it comes down to it, think I'll resort to making silly cash offers for a ticket to wombles fans outside their ground.....should be fairly straightforward unless their fate is also in the balance on the last day...

SlowerThanPlatt

700 will be max and I’m not sure its going to be possible to get a home ticket

They’ve been selling out most of the season - their ground holds 4,870 and their last home match was 4,593

NortonSkyBlue

I love the optimism but you do realize we got 1 point out of six against Rotherham? that showed them...

Liquid Gold

I love the optimism but you do realize we got 1 point out of six against Rotherham? that showed them...
The first game they battered us, they were on top in the first half of the second and in the second half we were all over them. I think they might have seen why we've lost only 3 games this season and not think we're about to fall away.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

the second half we were all over them.
This is very generous. We edged the second half, we weren't all over them by any stretch. However, for those 45 minutes we gave a decent enough account of ourselves and imagine if only for that spell they can see that we are hard to beat, and why we're up there.

smileycov

Facebook User
I am in London for the Army Navy Rugby (mass piss up) Match that weekend, bought my return train ticket already. Just got to sweat about getting a match ticket now.

Users who are viewing this thread