Otis

Orient H

Notts County A

Colchester H

Oldham H

Bristol C A

Crewe H

Crawley A

We shouldn't be in any danger really should we? Let's face it, if we can't get enough points out of that lot (Bristol excepted) they we truly deserve to go down.

I know it is looking very grim at the moment, but you would think we should be able to get out of this mess looking at those final few fixtures, if we are still close to the relegation zone by then.

Still no excuse though for a pitiful season.

ccfcway

Oldham will be fighting for play offs and other teams will be fighting to stay up.

How many points have we got from playing those so far ?

EDIT, Charlie has said 5........Thats relegation form if they are picking up points

Lets be clear, SW and SP targeted promotion this season. Its been a complete shambles

Otis

I know, I am not disagreeing.

But looking at those fixtures we should be able to get enough points and if we don't, then all I can say is that we are much poorer side than I ever envisaged and we will go down without any shadow of a doubt.

Otis

in the words of baden powell "be prepared"

Let's face it. If the last 7 games of the season were MK Dons, Sheff U, Bristol, Preston, Swindon, Bradford and Rochdale, we would all be one here tonight saying we look certainties for the drop.

These 7 games we have are games we are surely capable of getting points from.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we go down Pressley and the players are a disgrace, we should be finishing top 10. The fact we're even in this position is a joke.

Otis

If we go down Pressley and the players are a disgrace, we should be finishing top 10. The fact we're even in this position is a joke.

Unfortunately, we are a joke without a punchline.

stupot07

The corresponding fixtures agains these teams were

Orient H - D 2-2

Notts County A - L 0-1

Colchester H - W 1-0

Oldham H - L 4-1

Bristol C A - L 3-1

Crewe H - L 2-1

Crawley A - D 2-2

P7 W1 D2 L4 F8 A14 Pts5

Not sure I share your optimism, especially given we've won just one home game in our last 10.

Edit. Just seen Charlie's post

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Let's face it - we're going down. :(

ccfcway

at least the wage bill wont be a problem. nearly the whole squad will be out of contract

Gazolba

Last 7 games of the season

I'd rather we did not leave it until the last 7 games. I do not want us to be anywhere near the relegation zone come those last 7 games. In our current state, I would not put money on us beating anyone, home or away.

Otis

The corresponding fixtures agains these teams were

Orient H - D 2-2

Notts County A - L 0-1

Colchester H - W 1-0

Oldham H - L 4-1

Bristol C A - L 3-1

Crewe H - L 2-1

Crawley A - D 2-2

P7 W1 D2 L4 F8 A14 Pts5

Not sure I share your optimism, especially given we've won just one home game in our last 10.

Edit. Just seen Charlie's post

Wasn't optimism at all Stu. I do think we will struggle. Wasn't a single ounce of optimism in that post. Unfortunate that you couldn't actually hear the tone in which I said it as I typed it. ;)

Was just trying to say, looking at these fixtures we surely should be capable of getting points from these games. I am not for a single second saying we will.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

Already, the players don't know if they're coming or going (literally). We have some difficult games from now to April. If the results go against us, Pressley will be dicking around with the starting team even more than he does now, leading to more chaos and confusion than exists now even now. In which case, not sure it would make any difference even if we were to face Crawley each week in the run up.

olderskyblue

Wasn't optimism at all Stu. I do think we will struggle. Wasn't a single ounce of optimism in that post. Unfortunate that you couldn't actually hear the tone in which I said it as I typed it. ;)

Was just trying to say, looking at these fixtures we surely should be capable of getting points from these games. I am not for a single second saying we will.

Yes, you're right.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd rather we did not leave it until the last 7 games. I do not want us to be anywhere near the relegation zone come those last 7 games. In our current state, I would not put money on us beating anyone, home or away.

The problem (one of many!) as I see it is, if that is the last 7 games, we must have a whole bunch of tougher ones prior to that (can't be bothered to look them up - yet) which, given our current form, means we are more than likely to be in/just outside the bottom four (at best) by the time these games arrive? The new arrivals being a success is our most likely escape route, given the senior sick notes that seem to be in evidence. I watched the Football League show earlier and although I only saw clips of Calum again ripping a hole in Championship defences, I was more irked at watching Cody McDonald (who we could easily have kept) impressing again - when SP didn't seem to know how to use him...ggrrr

bigfatronssba

Worst teams you can play against at the end of the season is ones near the bottom, fighting for their lives. If these were mid table teams I would be more confident.

Otis

Worst teams you can play against at the end of the season is ones near the bottom, fighting for their lives. If these were mid table teams I would be more confident.

Sort of agree. The best teams to play are the midtable sides, but you would have to say you would rather play the team at the bottom of the table than the one at the top surely?

And the other factor of course is that playing and beating a team around you at the bottom is like a 6 pointer.

Midtable teams would be best, but you would have to take games against struggling teams rather than teams flying any day of the week. Not saying they are not tough, but the teams at the bottom have consistently been losing and have low morale.

Teams' form does tend to pick up at the death, but I think I would much prefer us to play Crewe at home than Bristol City at home for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread