Last 3 games & International break (1 Viewer)

South West Sky Blue

After the Huddersfield game, there was talk on here of “next 3 games” and the opportunity it presents.
Hull at home
Wigan away
Blackpool away.

This league is so unpredictable where anyone can beat anyone, but comments of “Imagine we win the next 3 games” had many of us dreaming.
How disappointed are you that we’ve not got more points from Hull & Wigan, where we perceived ourselves to have played better?

Personally, I’m relieved that we stopped a winning run, but then won again without losing. As a life-long (slightly autistic) CCFC fan, my memory of us going on winning streaks, followed by a draw- usually started a baron run.
Therefore, although 5 points from Hull (H), Wigan (A) & Blackpool (A), doesn’t disappoint me.
I’m also thinking that we had a sensational run in the autumn, stopped by the World Cup. I was grateful for the break at the time coz we had the squad depth of a broken condom. However, there’s an argument of striking whilst the iron’s hot…
Almost two questions here! Is the international break at the right time for us as well?

shmmeee

If you asked me after last game I’d have said we needed the break but funny how 4 goals puts a spring in the players’ step.

I agree that I’m sort of glad we drew and got back to winning. We’ve had a few games this season where we felt we should have taken more points but I’m sure every team has including a couple against us.

Next block of three will tell us a lot and take us to five games left. If we can get six points from the next three we’re very well placed. Need to average 2ppg really for the rest of the season. Tough ask.

rob9872

I was a little deflated after Tuesday but then Wednesday's results went for us, we won today and then today's other results also favourable, it suddenly looks a whole lot better. Some tough games to come and ultimately I still think we'll fall just short but a great season nonetheless and almost certainly some more twists and turns yet to come - strap in!

Gosb

I was a little deflated after Tuesday but then Wednesday's results went for us, we won today and then today's other results also favourable, it suddenly looks a whole lot better. Some tough games to come and ultimately I still think we'll fall just short but a great season nonetheless and almost certainly some more twists and turns yet to come - strap in!
Twists and turns? I should say so. 1 point from the first 5 games then 28 from 14 then, after the World Cup break, 6 points from 8 games and then 22 from 11. Which mode will we be in after the International break?

slowpoke

Tuesdays result was a disappointment the game was in the bag but we didn’t manage it well and paid the penalty but I would have been happy with 6 points from the 9 available but got 5 and still unbeaten so not too bad, the two week break will give a bit of a much needed breather and time to clear up niggles etc.

Ashdown

It’s all still in the melting pot and we’ve done remarkably well to be so consistent despite catching up after the pitch debacle and excessive injury list.
3 points is nothing and things can change so quickly. 🤞
In Robins we trust

TomRad85

We could feasibly be in the playoffs after the next game. Norwich play Sheff Utd and Millwall are away at West Brom, both very losable games. Goal difference is looking very healthy too. Then it’s ours to lose.
Sheffield Utd could be deducted points too

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CovBrummie94

Disappointed to not pick up 7 points from the last 3 games but it’s all to play for after the international break. Only 3 points back and a favourable run in. I’ve been optimistic about reaching the playoffs since Sunderland at home and still believe we will make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergusons_Beard

What we need to do is keep getting points and putting pressure on those in the play off places.

That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grendel

It’s bollox tho-Club CEO 2 days ago said so.

All from a Daily Hail article.

They owe millions in unpaid transfer fees

TomRad85

They owe millions in unpaid transfer fees
Their CEO said it was fine though. Just like our CEO said we'd have a pitch to play on at the start of the season and that was fi... oh wait!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

It’s bollox tho-Club CEO 2 days ago said so.

All from a Daily Hail article.

If they don’t go up they could be right in the brown stuff they are wobbling in the league and i think Middlesbrough will close them down, being in the semi-final might not help.

Users who are viewing this thread