Largest attendances at a Coventry game (1 Viewer)

Woolly68

So apart from the ‘87 FA Cup final (96,000) and the Charity Shield game (88,000) what is the next biggest? Is it the EFL Trophy final (74,434) or is there another older game that beats that (maybe a league game)? Is this likely to be the third biggest attendance for a City game On Saturday?

rob9872

Think that's all correct. Utds capacity increased since our cup game I think so potentially could beat the 74k next season if we win next week.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Surely the largest attendance of Cov fans at the Ricoh/CBS since it opened was the 0-3 disaster against Crewe.

David O'Day

I sat on my own, right next to the Crewe fans for that game. One of my worst footballing memories. I don't even think we deserved to really lose if memory serves.
Oh the city keeper that night had a mare, was it Dunn?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Still the most unbelievable game of football I’ve seen live, we absolutely played them off the park for the whole 90 minutes.

They had 3 attacks and scored 3 goals, never seen anything like it!

Always think that if we had won that our revival would've started 4 years earlier

shmmeee

If we sell out Wembley it would likely remain our biggest gate unless we managed to play Barcelona somehow.

Peter Billing Eyes

I seem to recall that the attendance record for the old second division is something north of 68,000 and was for a match at Villa Park involving Coventry City. I think it was in the 1930’s. Edit, just saw another post similar to this so apologies.

torchomatic

I thought it was the Charity Shield in 87 when we took 50K. Memorable for me only because of Speedie's debut and that ace yellow and blue away kit. Can't remember anything else about the day at all.

GaryJones

One interesting fact is that only one club has a record attendance with Coventry as the visitors.
Southampton - record attendance is 32,363 set in a game between Southampton and Coventry City in April 2012.

Happy_Martian

Still the most unbelievable game of football I’ve seen live, we absolutely played them off the park for the whole 90 minutes.

They had 3 attacks and scored 3 goals, never seen anything like it!

Oh the city keeper that night had a mare, was it Dunn?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Joe Murphy

Sky Blue Harry H

Top average away attendances, overtaken Stoke and Bristol City in the home averages (6th) with the last couple of games too, On the up !!

Ashdown

I thought it was the Charity Shield in 87 when we took 50K. Memorable for me only because of Speedie's debut and that ace yellow and blue away kit. Can't remember anything else about the day at all.
I think it was actually 55k City and 33k Everton.

Happy_Martian

Thought Murphy went off at half time?

He did. Dunn was in goal for the 2nd half collapse. Yet another time I should have checked. I was going off the video commentators calling of Murphy's name at the third goal.

1684673338254.png

torchomatic

SBbucks

One interesting fact is that only one club has a record attendance with Coventry as the visitors.
Southampton - record attendance is 32,363 set in a game between Southampton and Coventry City in April 2012.

Last game of the season - their promotion and our relegation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Was at that one, such a contrast in emotions between us and them that day.

CovInEssex

Fucking hell 11 years.....

Users who are viewing this thread