Lampard (1 Viewer)

Mr Panda

Not sure if there's a thread on this but I'v just seen Lamps is in advanced talks with Derby. Was also at the game yesterday for those who spotted him on sky.

Makes me wonder if he was doing some early scouting of Bayliss!

M

Martw

I can't see Bayliss staying for one moment, we need good money and maybe a year loan back for us to make it palatable

Sky Blue Harry H

I can't see Bayliss staying for one moment, we need good money and maybe a year loan back for us to make it palatable

If we get offered a 'lot' of money for Bayliss (add ons etc), then it might be ok to sell him, otherwise let's keep him and get a promotion push with him. If we could get back to the Championship, we really would start to see our Revenue streams increase (albeit our costs would increase plenty too!) Momentum !!

Colin Steins Smile

If we get offered a 'lot' of money for Bayliss (add ons etc), then it might be ok to sell him, otherwise let's keep him and get a promotion push with him. If we could get back to the Championship, we really would start to see our Revenue streams increase (albeit our costs would increase plenty too!) Momentum !!
I agree, if we did get promoted to the championship Bayliss could potentially be worth 4 x as much as now. Will MR be given the chance to retain the best talent?

smileycov

Facebook User
where would he fit in the team if Andreu is as good as we think he is? could be another reason to cash in big time. Would rather we kept him, but if it means we have funds to buy players to make us a good enough side to challenge at the right end of league 1, be worth it.

shmmeee

where would he fit in the team if Andreu is as good as we think he is? could be another reason to cash in big time. Would rather we kept him, but if it means we have funds to buy players to make us a good enough side to challenge at the right end of league 1, be worth it.

Time to break out my patent pending “Why the diamond formation ain’t so bad” post:

I think our best midfield four configuration, given the players we have, is a diamond. Or more of a 3-1-2 type midfield and attack:

Doyle
Bayliss Andreu
Jones

With Jones given the freedom to roam and fullbacks providing the width. May leave them exposed though so would want some better fullbacks.

PVA

I think Bayliss will be sold and then immediately loaned out, hopefully back to us.

If so, then I'd love to see a front 4 like this next year:

Bayliss - Andreu - Jones
McNulty​

David O'Day

Bayliss is not going anywhere unless we receive a remarkable did for him.

We got fucking promoted yesterday and you lot are getting your panties in atwuat about some make beloieve transfer

Grendel

Time to break out my patent pending “Why the diamond formation ain’t so bad” post:

I think our best midfield four configuration, given the players we have, is a diamond. Or more of a 3-1-2 type midfield and attack:

Doyle
Bayliss Andreu
Jones

With Jones given the freedom to roam and fullbacks providing the width. May leave them exposed though so would want some better fullbacks.

Kelly has been the best midfield player in the play offs

wingy

Kelly has been the best midfield player in the play offs
Shipley Impressive too
All of them tbh but no way does it work with Bayliss wide.
The problem is as we all rave and build his role /reputation he gets too big for us.
If the offers come he's going anyway but wherever that is his role is Central advanced.

Manchester_sky_blue

Bayliss is not going anywhere unless we receive a remarkable did for him.

We got fucking promoted yesterday and you lot are getting your panties in atwuat about some make beloieve transfer

With all due respect, its realistic to assume hes off. He very nearly went in January and his stock has only risen since then. Had Derby come up with an extra tenner in January we would have sold him so it seems highly unlikely we can retain him now that every else knows he is as good as they thought he might be

David O'Day

With all due respect, its realistic to assume hes off. He very nearly went in January and his stock has only risen since then. Had Derby come up with an extra tenner in January we would have sold him so it seems highly unlikely we can retain him now that every else knows he is as good as they thought he might be

Is it fuck kid, he's contracted so it will take a good bid for him to go.

Enjoy promotion kid

SkyBlueCRJ

Is it fuck kid, he's contracted so it will take a good bid for him to go.

Enjoy promotion kid

Exactly. We turned our noses up at a £1 million for him in January. At the end of the day we can dictate the price so I'm confident we won't settle for a mediocre bid.

sb84

I was told yesterday that Lampard was there looking at Mcnulty, no other player was mentioned.

CCFC88

The camera cut to McNulty straight after showing Lampard implying that was why he was there. If they want to pay Championship money for McNulty then I'd let him go, not sure he's the man to take Derby up an extra level

SkyBlueCRJ

I was told yesterday that Lampard was there looking at Mcnulty, no other player was mentioned.

McNulty? Strange one considering they've already got a fair few good strikers already at the club. But I suppose Lamps will want to shake things up if/when he's appointed.

David O'Day

McNulty? Lol

Give it long enoughand the man who is not even a manager yet will be linked by someone on here to all of our players

FFS People

robbiekeane

At the end of the day we are a league higher than we have been this season when we refused a bid for Bayliss, and tempted McNulty away when he was going to sign for Mansfield (cheers doyle).

If we recruit well in the summer and add to what's probably an already solid start to a league one squad, and we have Andreu and Jones back, why wouldn't they stick it out another season with us? The only way we'll sell them realistically is if:
- They want to go. In which case good riddance
- Robins thinks he can spend the money elsewhere to the overall benefit of the side. In which case I'm happy
- There is pressure from the owners who demand we sell. In which case I think Robins would probably walk

Manchester_sky_blue

Exactly. We turned our noses up at a £1 million for him in January. At the end of the day we can dictate the price so I'm confident we won't settle for a mediocre bid.
They offered us a deal eventually rising to £1 million, nothing like that amount up front.

Last edited:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
It’s not about the price or the deal, it will be down to the player and if he wants the chance of:
Playing at a higher level now
Receiving a large joining fee
Receiving a salary 5x higher from the next month and maybe more

Then we will lose him, clubs have no power, players agents are employed to maximise the returns for their client.
What the club has to do, it has done by trying to give him a long term contract, hopefully a minimum release clause fee in that contract and then they have to try and get the maximum future incentives built in.
The club, with FFP cannot pay him the wage that other championship clubs can sadly.

harvey098

Bayliss tweeted something along the lines of "See you all in League 1" so he has no intentions of leaving. Whether the club sell him or not thats out of his hands. Nice to see that he is gearing up for league 1 though and not thinking about bigger and better.

Hobo

Bayliss tweeted something along the lines of "See you all in League 1" so he has no intentions of leaving. Whether the club sell him or not thats out of his hands. Nice to see that he is gearing up for league 1 though and not thinking about bigger and better.

That means absolutely nothing. I bet his agent is making phone calls right now.

SlowerThanPlatt

We are a bigger club but at the moment they pay higher wages.

I think Mowbray said it was about 4 times as much, thats why he couldn't blame John Fleck.

Do you really think we’re a bigger club than Derby? They’ve won the league twice and reached a European Cup semi final. Their fan base used to be similar at the Baseball Ground but now they’re miles ahead

Users who are viewing this thread