Lack of Transfer Activity (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I tell you what, why not watch Sky from 6pm on the 31st January to see how many deals are rushed through in those last few hours. A lot of clubs operate in the same way.

Yes to a certain extent. However, would it not be better to sign a player that you need on Jan 1st rather than Jan 31st. If your outgoings are going to fund your signings shouldn't the same rules apply, get your business done early and it enables you to move forward, leave it till the last minute and you get nothing. With regard to the noises coming from Seppela and Waggot about funding for new signings and Pressley identifying certain players. There can be no excuse if at the end of the month there is little or nothing coming in can there?

junglej13

I think the Andrew Driver thing is interesting though, I think there is more chance that he weill sign for us now then 5 years ago, although he is currently on Trial at Yeovil (who in my view are certainty to get relegated) Pressley must be considering a move for him knowing that he played with Driver and is well aware of his abilities, apparently Driver did do well in the US (not hard in the Mickey Mouse Money League over there admittedly) but looks like all his troubles are behind him with respect to injuries, if he doesn't sign for Yeovil I think Pressley might consider it and might be able to persuade him, but we shall see as a free agent we don't have to worry about doing anything before the window with Driver.

Has there been any recent link with Driver? He was a player I would have loved to have got years ago. I was just reading Yeovil have ended their interest in him due to lack of fitness (it sounds like they were only interested in a short term deal). Similar to Fleck and Barton in my eyes. Extremely highly rated years ago and never quite fulfilled his potential. You would think Pressley would be well aware of him. He is still only 26 and if his injury problems are behind him he would be well worth a gamble I think.

RoboCCFC90

Has there been any recent link with Driver? He was a player I would have loved to have got years ago. I was just reading Yeovil have ended their interest in him due to lack of fitness (it sounds like they were only interested in a short term deal). Similar to Fleck and Barton in my eyes. Extremely highly rated years ago and never quite fulfilled his potential. You would think Pressley would be well aware of him. He is still only 26 and if his injury problems are behind him he would be well worth a gamble I think.

There has been no recent link with him but if I was SP I'd be all over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Huddersfield must have a striker or two knocking around now. James Vaughan was knocking them in, plus Ward (is he a winger?) - now they've signed Nakki Wells and Lolley, can Mark (true sky blue) Robbins lend us a half decent one. The more I think of it, the more I fancy a Prem league youngster who is lurking in the academy/reserves on loan - lots of talent lurking there.

stupot07

Drivers seem to have stayed fit in MLS, but has missed a lot of games in the previous 3-4 seasons. I would be reluctant to sign someone with that injury record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Huddersfield must have a striker or two knocking around now. James Vaughan was knocking them in, plus Ward (is he a winger?) - now they've signed Nakki Wells and Lolley, can Mark (true sky blue) Robbins lend us a half decent one. The more I think of it, the more I fancy a Prem league youngster who is lurking in the academy/reserves on loan - lots of talent lurking there.

They have Stead, Paterson, Vaughn, Wells and Lolley now.

sisu go home

I'd love us to buy some decent players, but there's this NOPM campaign going on which means we can't afford any, and will probably have to lay a couple of decent players off aswell. If you support NOPM, you shouldn't moan when you see the consequences of your actions.
Before the hate begins, I don't like SISU, I do want Coventry in Coventry, but from the very start I've said NOPM will result in us losing players and assets before it forces SISU out. Sorry but it's true!

87mint

Just to let everyone know, I saw Ade Akinbiyi hiding in one of the cubicles at preston eating a milkyway - sources close to the star indicate he was in talks with Elvis straight after the whistle. Heard it here first....

Users who are viewing this thread