Lack of publicity to our plight IN COVENTRY (1 Viewer)

Captain_Slackbladder

I have recently been made aware about an opportunity to explain our plight at Chelsea (before the Brentford game) but as far as know we have less than 20,000 signatures on this from a city of over 300,000.. The media will have a field day and the City of Coventry will be proven to be nothing more than what Coventry is stereotypically seen to be.

Michael CCFC - what are the Coventry publicity strategies? surely the ringroad, banners, train station KCIC (am happy to help out) but I think we need to be seen to exploit our own before we start begging others and 16,000 out of a city of 300000 is woeful and indicates city apathetic to football. Has everyone on here press-ganged their family to sign this? It really does worry me especially considering the gmkonline crew who think everything is a massive joke. It will get worse before it gets better but publicity wise we should be doing better than this..

I don't know the answer and will help out, but just some potential criticism which may be levied our way..#

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Do you mean publicity to get people to sign the petition, or just in general?

fernandopartridge

I have recently been made aware about an opportunity to explain our plight at Chelsea (before the Brentford game) but as far as know we have less than 20,000 signatures on this from a city of over 300,000.. The media will have a field day and the City of Coventry will be proven to be nothing more than what Coventry is stereotypically seen to be.

Michael CCFC - what are the Coventry publicity strategies? surely the ringroad, banners, train station KCIC (am happy to help out) but I think we need to be seen to exploit our own before we start begging others and 16,000 out of a city of 300000 is woeful and indicates city apathetic to football. Has everyone on here press-ganged their family to sign this? It really does worry me especially considering the gmkonline crew who think everything is a massive joke. It will get worse before it gets better but publicity wise we should be doing better than this..

I don't know the answer and will help out, but just some potential criticism which may be levied our way..#

PUSB

The City is apathetic. The aim of the petition isn't clear and how it might help the predicament isn't clear either.

Captain_Slackbladder

I think the petition is a good idea, I think anyone who gets off their arse and does something - aka michael from KCIC is a good - Arsenal away was a victory, but if someone if I were to present the stats of a city of 300000+ versus 16000 who had signed the petition to Chelsea/Arsenal - quite rightly the response would be "look after your own and get your own to back you"

I think the time is to take the fight back to Coventry. This can mean many things, but there are many businesses/people passing through Coventry/300000 people who live in Coventry.

Maybe outside the passionate 10000 core who care, the City isn't that fussed?

ccfc92

I think the petition is a good idea, I think anyone who gets off their arse and does something - aka michael from KCIC is a good - Arsenal away was a victory, but if someone if I were to present the stats of a city of 300000+ versus 16000 who had signed the petition to Chelsea/Arsenal - quite rightly the response would be "look after your own and get your own to back you"

I think the time is to take the fight back to Coventry. This can mean many things, but there are many businesses/people passing through Coventry/300000 people who live in Coventry.

Maybe outside the passionate 10000 core who care, the City isn't that fussed?

I'd agree with that. If you went to the city centre on match day, with a top on, you'd be looked down on as a hooligan.

Tonylinc

This is not the city of my youth. Back then we would have 100,000 signatures, no problem.....what has has happened since I left?

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, because the survey is internet based then it has to mostly be internet marketing or promotion :(

ccfc92

The thing is, because the survey is internet based then it has to mostly be internet marketing or promotion :(

But surely if there's nearly 7 billion people in the world, what 3-4 billion have internet access? A selfie of actors gets millions of retweets, really?

skybluedan

Anyone in touch with David Beckham? Maybe him tweeting about it with a link would have a huge impact?

PUSB

Yeah that would be good I think as we'll bazza
Have the cet had if splashed over the front page telling the locals to sign it?

Colin1883

It shows a general apathy among the 'football community' , fair play to Michael for trying but nobody gives a shte about us...

Astute

Like 2 for the price of 1? Good idea as we would now have 40,000.

Hold on....what is that word promotion? Was born in the late 60's and we have never had one in all that time :(

rupert_bear

We have about 11 months to secure the 100000 signatures needed. With the summer months approaching more people out and about, things like the Godiva festival to exploit there are plenty of "home" voters to grab. IMO the trouble is there are loads of fans not on the internet, never read a website or listen to CWR. So many potential voters appear to have no means to do so.

skyblue1991

When will people realise that nobody really gives a toss what is happening to CCFC?

Yes we were up in the Premier League/Division 1 for a long time but that was 13 years ago! We are now just a mid-table League One side (this is why I hate some of the arrogance on the site, people saying 'who the f**k are Rotherham etc... News flash:they're a team better managed and better than us)

I've signed the petition but realistically it's not going to happen. The whole thing is flawed. To sum it up the event at the Ricoh for CCFC ladies is played on the same day as Man Utd-Liverpool and Arsenal-Spurs. And you expect to get coverage?

I admire efforts but I'm afraid for me the only protest or thing we can do to help is a protest march starting from outside the Council House and finishing outside Sixfields.

Hobo

We seem to have support across the political parties. I wonder if at local elections whether voters could be given the opportunity to sign the petition?

SkyBlueCharlie

Yesterday five of us, under Michael's direction spent about 2 hours handing out petition leaflets at the Arena shopping centre. the response we had was generally very supportive and not just from locals. I had four Foxes supporters, one from Middlesborough and one SUNDERLAND fan who were all recognised that what was happening to CCFC could happen to any club in the country. It was the same at the Arsenal match and Notts County handing out the 'Why' placards.

MY feeling is that the people of our City will react, will respond positively to our plight but it takes more than just a small group of us, with no money to keep things moving. The are many on this board who ask 'what's happening, why isn't someone doing something?.

Well the answer is in YOUR hands! Just think what the response would have been yesterday if there had been 15 - 20 of us out there.

If you want to get the media's attention and raise the profile of what's happening then you need to get off your backsides and join in.

Michael regularly updates this board with KCIC events so there's no excuse for not knowing, just bloodly well get out there and let people know that our club is important to our City then we will get the support that is both needed and deserved.

Nick

Administrator
Yesterday five of us, under Michael's direction spent about 2 hours handing out petition leaflets at the Arena shopping centre. the response we had was generally very supportive and not just from locals. I had four Foxes supporters, one from Middlesborough and one SUNDERLAND fan who were all recognised that what was happening to CCFC could happen to any club in the country. It was the same at the Arsenal match and Notts County handing out the 'Why' placards.

MY feeling is that the people of our City will react, will respond positively to our plight but it takes more than just a small group of us, with no money to keep things moving. The are many on this board who ask 'what's happening, why isn't someone doing something?.

Well the answer is in YOUR hands! Just think what the response would have been yesterday if there had been 15 - 20 of us out there.

If you want to get the media's attention and raise the profile of what's happening then you need to get off your backsides and join in.

Michael regularly updates this board with KCIC events so there's no excuse for not knowing, just bloodly well get out there and let people know that our club is important to our City then we will get the support that is both needed and deserved.

Charlie, what time were you at the ricoh?

Nick

Administrator
Sorry, that's what I meant. I was there about 11.30 and looked out but may have just missed.

Were you by that boat?

SkyBlueCharlie

Yes, there were couple of us by the Sea Cadets with a banner strung across the support posts, a couple by the trolley entrance and Michael was down by main entrance on the side. Just too few to make a major visual impact.

Sorry you missed us it would have been nice to put a face to your name'

SkyBlueCharlie

Come on guys....the one reason i have supported KCIC is because the people involved do not play the blame game. The group consists of all view points, including some that attend Sixfields that put there differences to one side and focus on the main issue of getting CCFC back in the city.

There is no point in continually pointing the finger at any one party, that will get us nowhere as we've already seen. The effort must be in getting those involved to talk to each other. There is no simple way of doing that, positions have become deeply entrenched but history constantly shows us that sooner or later in most conflicts that successful resolution happens when everyone gets around the table and talks.

CCFC has been a major part of my social life for over 50 years now, I will not give in to the apathy that some have given in to, I'm prepared for the long haul...until the fat lady sings and so on. I will see our club back in our city!

This is not the city of my youth. Back then we would have 100,000 signatures, no problem.....what has has happened since I left?

I left in 1988 - what happened then was Thatcherism, she shut the city down. The legacy is the "I'm alright Jack" society. Selfishness abounds, particularly in the higher echelons of the Football authorities. :(

ohitsaidwalker king power

Come on guys....the one reason i have supported KCIC is because the people involved do not play the blame game. The group consists of all view points, including some that attend Sixfields that put there differences to one side and focus on the main issue of getting CCFC back in the city.

There is no point in continually pointing the finger at any one party, that will get us nowhere as we've already seen. The effort must be in getting those involved to talk to each other. There is no simple way of doing that, positions have become deeply entrenched but history constantly shows us that sooner or later in most conflicts that successful resolution happens when everyone gets around the table and talks.

CCFC has been a major part of my social life for over 50 years now, I will not give in to the apathy that some have given in to, I'm prepared for the long haul...until the fat lady sings and so on. I will see our club back in our city!

Nice post Charlie.... and I really don't disagree with too much that you write....entrenched positions serve no purpose in mediation, but there has to be a will to talk. I'm afraid from my seat as I view it this isn't aligned to SISU's position re freehold or re negotiated rental. SISU wont unless freehold is on the table is that considered reasonable?

SkyBlueCharlie

Nice post Charlie.... and I really don't disagree with too much that you write....entrenched positions serve no purpose in mediation, but there has to be a will to talk. I'm afraid from my seat as I view it this isn't aligned to SISU's position re freehold or re negotiated rental. SISU wont unless freehold is on the table is that considered reasonable?

In most conflicts there is often one, or more parties, that appear to be intransient, the secret is to find a way around the apparent sticking block and you cannot do that without communication. Sooner or later one side has to bite the bullet and offer some form of olive branch. It takes a lot of courage to do that because that party would appear to be showing signs of weakness but unless some one steps up then there is only one outcome here and that is the end of CCFC.
If that happens no-one wins and everyone loses.

However there is one party that could do this and that's the Football League and that's where the pressure should be applied. There is no point in the long, tedious arguments that are played out on here, other forums and the press.

Bickering and name calling between fans will not resolve the issue, stop trying to apportion blame and score silly points off each other, get behind the petition, email MPs, join in the protests at other clubs and keep up the pressure on the FL.

We all want the same thing, CCFC back in Coventry, we are not going to get that unless we bury our differences and work together. We will certainly gain more respect and support from the outside world if we show that we are ALL united behind that common cause.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

When will people realise that nobody really gives a toss what is happening to CCFC?

Yes we were up in the Premier League/Division 1 for a long time but that was 13 years ago! We are now just a mid-table League One side (this is why I hate some of the arrogance on the site, people saying 'who the f**k are Rotherham etc... News flash:they're a team better managed and better than us)

I've signed the petition but realistically it's not going to happen. The whole thing is flawed. To sum it up the event at the Ricoh for CCFC ladies is played on the same day as Man Utd-Liverpool and Arsenal-Spurs. And you expect to get coverage?

I admire efforts but I'm afraid for me the only protest or thing we can do to help is a protest march starting from outside the Council House and finishing outside Sixfields.

Yeah that's it just accept being a crap third tier team because our league status has nothing to do with some of the worst off field management in English football.

ccfc92

Yeah that's it just accept being a crap third tier team because our league status has nothing to do with some of the worst off field management in English football.

it is quite annoying that we are nowhere near as bad as Portsmouth etc, we can quite comfortably be bought to stability with the right management.

Portsmouth were paying 30K a week wages still in Championship/League 1 ffs!

Brighton Sky Blue

it is quite annoying that we are nowhere near as bad as Portsmouth etc, we can quite comfortably be bought to stability with the right management.

Portsmouth were paying 30K a week wages still in Championship/League 1 ffs!

Coventry and its surrounding areas have access to a fan base in the hundreds of thousands. In the Ricoh is a stadium which could easily fill the demand which would arise with a successful team and this has been illustrated on the rare occasions the team threatened success.

ccfc92

Coventry and its surrounding areas have access to a fan base in the hundreds of thousands. In the Ricoh is a stadium which could easily fill the demand which would arise with a successful team and this has been illustrated on the rare occasions the team threatened success.

exactly. the thought that the plug can be pulled on the club at any time is frankly pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread