LA Noire (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

"LA Noire" is a new game coming out for Xbox 360, PS3, PC

The game is created by the makers of the Grand Theft Auto series "RockStar" It also uses a new technology called "MotionScan" where actors are recorded by 32 surrounding cameras to capture facial expressions from every angle.

Trailer:

[video=youtube;jeYym1U226M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYym1U226M[/video]

SkyBlueMania

It's one of those games that could either be totally and utterly amazing or a heap of absolute slimey shite. Quite looking forward to getting my mits on it though.

Covstu

yes definately a market for it nowadays, they will build in new stories like they did with the shivering isles etc

ajsccfc

Got it pre-ordered. I was going to go for the pre-order that got you an extra case, but I went for the one with the extra suit because Amazon were a fiver cheaper and I had gift vouchers.

Avoided spoilers so far, and all previews have sounded VERY promising. My only fear is that the game holds your hand a little too much so you can't really get anything wrong or fail.

Sky Blue Luke

Looks good, but I've heard it's causing problems in the US where some PS3 and 360 consoles have been overheating and switching freezing. Anybody had that problem so far here?

Marty

mines crashed a few times but tbf i've spent the past 10 hours playing it, ;) It is pritty good and feels well made but it's frustrating in parts. It's defo worth buying and yo could get hours and hours out of it, it's not what i was expecting but it is very good still.

Nick

Administrator
Went to Tesco and bought it last night. Only played about 4 hours but it is quite good. I expected it to be gangsters rather than detectives though!

Covstu

i have not been tempted yet but i seen it in Sainsburys yesterday for £36 and was very very tempted..... stay strong stu!

CovInEssex

Just got onto Disc 2/3 and a few things,

Amazing graphics and sounds.
Different to other games because you have to pay real attention to everything said, and everything the suspects do.
Can seem a bit repetitive after a few cases.
The driving is terrible, not sure why they have made it so sensitive. One flick of the analogue stick and I've done a 360!

8/10

Although I quite like the fact...anyone know why it's on 3 discs? Also, what's the photo negatives for in the case?

flammablepiss

Facebook User
So many good games I want, LA Noire, Twisted Metal, Duke Nukem, Ratchet & Clank All4One... and just as I can't really afford it... typical !
What's LA Noire like ? It looks beautiful in terms of an art piece. I have been really excited by it ever since I saw the trailers for it (mostly because I am a huge Rockstar fan).
I know little about it to be honest, is it a sandbox style game like GTA & Red Dead ? it looks worth buying just for the story and the game world.

Marty

Just got onto Disc 2/3 and a few things,

Amazing graphics and sounds.
Different to other games because you have to pay real attention to everything said, and everything the suspects do.
Can seem a bit repetitive after a few cases.
The driving is terrible, not sure why they have made it so sensitive. One flick of the analogue stick and I've done a 360!

8/10

Although I quite like the fact...anyone know why it's on 3 discs? Also, what's the photo negatives for in the case?

It's on 3 because it's just so big. can get like 10GB of data onto a DVD where it's like 25GB on a blue ray which is why the PS3 version only comes on 1 disc.

ajsccfc

Apparently it's on three discs after a lot of compression, at one point they were talking 5-6.

CovInEssex

So many good games I want, LA Noire, Twisted Metal, Duke Nukem, Ratchet & Clank All4One... and just as I can't really afford it... typical !
What's LA Noire like ? It looks beautiful in terms of an art piece. I have been really excited by it ever since I saw the trailers for it (mostly because I am a huge Rockstar fan).
I know little about it to be honest, is it a sandbox style game like GTA & Red Dead ? it looks worth buying just for the story and the game world.

It's like GTA & RDR, yes, but this one feels more mature then those titles, I feel like my grandad would like to watch me play this as it's like a movie, as it isn't just shooting and killing.

As for the story, the cases go into great detail and you learn a lot about the people, but (not reaveling any spoilers) I have a feeling theirs something in the bigger picture.

SkyBlueMania

i cannot wait to get my grubby little mits on this game. I had a real lull in gaming over the last year, not been interested in much other than PES/FIFA and MW2 online. Got red dead for christmas and hardly played it till about 2 weeks ago when i finished uni for the summer. Now I am right back in love with rockstar games, there is so much to do and so many different characters, each totally individual.

I'm onto disk 3 now. It's a brilliant game and by god do the investigations get difficult when you get this far in. I'm having to do street crimes over and over and there are so many clues that lead you up the garden path it's unbelieveable.

Just to let everyone know, with less than 24 hours gameplay I have finished this game. I didn't complete it i.e. find all the hidden items etc but i have finished and will need to start again. It's different but not very long.

Users who are viewing this thread