Kwame Thomas (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Why didn't he play from the start? A bit odd to play Biamou who is very much around the first team anyway, instead of Thomas who needs to prove himself.
Bit of extra game time for biamou I guess

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Why was Beavon not playing he needs more practice at scoring than most or is it because the manager knows he wouldn't even look good at that level

dongonzalos

No point having the possession and getting the ball in the box if you haven’t got a striker who can score.
I guess they missed Ponti.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Davies has looked good too though and then you also have Grimmer and Stokes who can both do a job at CB. Now at left back we are overloaded there anyway with Stokes, Haynes, Shipley and Camwell.

Would be surprised if Davies is here in Jan - seems like he was signed on the basis that RMac was going to be out through injury for an extended period & unlikely to be happy to sit on the bench for a full season. May be sold/loaned to provide wiggle room in the budget for a wide man/striker.

Like you say - think we probably have sufficient depth at the back anyway with players being able to cover RB/CB/LB as needed (also you forgot Dom Hyam :))

Pete in Portugal

Why didn't he play from the start? A bit odd to play Biamou who is very much around the first team anyway, instead of Thomas who needs to prove himself.

Maybe Robins has already made his mind up about Thomas and therefore it's Biamou who needs to prove himself?

Terry Gibson's perm

Would be surprised if Davies is here in Jan - seems like he was signed on the basis that RMac was going to be out through injury for an extended period & unlikely to be happy to sit on the bench for a full season. May be sold/loaned to provide wiggle room in the budget for a wide man/striker.

Like you say - think we probably have sufficient depth at the back anyway with players being able to cover RB/CB/LB as needed (also you forgot Dom Hyam :))

If Willis gets injured though and that is fairly often we will start to look short if one other gets injured or suspended

Mucca Mad Boys

Since when has that stopped us selling someone?

Context is everything: we’ve never sold players when we’ve been doing well. In L1, we’ve mostly been able to have got important transfer targets in-season, whilst not selling key players, when we’re having a good season.

stupot07

Context is everything: we’ve never sold players when we’ve been doing well. In L1, we’ve mostly been able to have got important transfer targets in-season, whilst not selling key players, when we’re having a good season.
I can only think of 1 season, and that's the first but we did lose DMcG in January.

The Armstrong season we sold then loaned back Maddison which wasted a signing and along with losing and not replacing Kent disrupted the squad, not to mention offloading O'Brien who was a key figure in thr first half of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I can only think of 1 season, and that's the first but we did lose DMcG in January.

The Armstrong season we sold then loaned back Maddison which wasted a signing and along with losing and not replacing Kent disrupted the squad, not to mention offloading O'Brien who was a key figure in thr first half of the season.

In fairness, we lost McGoldrick and replaced him with Leon Clarke.

Our biggest mid season loss was Clarke himself a year later

Mucca Mad Boys

McG and Kent were loans and not our players. We don’t control if they leave or not. We tried to sign McG but we were out bid.

As for Maddison, whether or not the sale affected his performances is another debate for another time. We still kept hold of him for the rest of that season.

In the successful seasons under MR and Mowbray, we kept ahold of key players that were ours and generally signed key transfer targets.

My point is: I can’t see us selling key players if we in with a realistic shot at being successful this year.

shmmeee

McG and Kent were loans and not our players. We don’t control if they leave or not. We tried to sign McG but we were out bid.

As for Maddison, whether or not the sale affected his performances is another debate for another time. We still kept hold of him for the rest of that season.

In the successful seasons under MR and Mowbray, we kept ahold of key players that were ours and generally signed key transfer targets.

My point is: I can’t see us selling key players if we in with a realistic shot at being successful this year.

It’s not about the details, it’s not even about the players, the worry is that we frequently have to sell to make ends meet in Jan due to poor financial planning from the club.

We all know that regardless of the clubs football situation, if the financial situation demands it we will have to sell.

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s not about the details, it’s not even about the players, the worry is that we frequently have to sell to make ends meet in Jan due to poor financial planning from the club.

We all know that regardless of the clubs football situation, if the financial situation demands it we will have to sell.

We have absolutely done that in some seasons, but, we've not gone and done it when the club has been performing well, with a realistic chance of success.

Terry Gibson's perm

What is the fascination with say he needs to work harder, he needs to score more goals then it doesn't matter if he runs around. If he means work harder in training then he needs to get his finger out

no_loyalty

Is Kwame out of contract in the summer?

fernandopartridge

What is the fascination with say he needs to work harder, he needs to score more goals then it doesn't matter if he runs around. If he means work harder in training then he needs to get his finger out
It doesn't mean just run round more. The best players put the effort in in a range is ways, improving his fitness and sharpness is one way. Looking at his game and what needs to be improved is another. Jason Farndon seems to be saying that Thomas is coasting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

It doesn't mean just run round more. The best players put the effort in in a range is ways, improving his fitness and sharpness is one way. Looking at his game and what needs to be improved is another. Jason Farndon seems to be saying that Thomas is coasting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As I said at the end work harder in training, I think he is a talented player for this level

itsabuzzard

Checkatrade aside, I'm struggling to see where we've had a successful season in recent memory.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Checkatrade aside, I'm struggling to see where we've had a successful season in recent memory.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Agreed. But going into Jan in MR’s 1st season, and Mowbray’s first full season, we had an opportunity to be successful season. Both seasons ended in failure, but going into January it looked like we’d do something...

Captain Dart

Last edited:

ccfcway

the emergence of Pont has likely seen Thomas pushed down to 6th choice striker in a league two club

SkyBlueCRJ

I think this is last chance saloon for K. Thomas. Even with 6 months left on his contract I wonder if Robins may take the view to terminate his contract in January instead of letting it run out...if he doesn't show any signs of promise at Solihull that is.

larry_david

After his poor loan at Sutton, Thomas really needs to step up here, for himself and for us. If not his chances as a professional footballer are hanging in the balance aren't they? Bang a few goals in and come back to us confident with a point to prove. Is camwell still there?

oucho

Doubt Solihull would want him
Miaoww!! Like it. But can I ask, are there any of our current players that you DO like?

On a more serious note, is it likely that his new loan team will pay any of his wages? Can we even release him in Jan without having to pay up his contract until May (and thus not freeing up any money to spend on other players, thus making such a release pointless)?

Users who are viewing this thread