Knowl[GMK] says..... (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Perhaps knowl's belief might be better placed if he wanted Fisher to "mediate" with ARVO to lower their management charges. Now that would be novel and could solve the whole issue quickly.

psgm1

Banned
Interesting point PorkyCov(from www.gmkonline.com)

"The Trust have developed into everything I despised with Save Our City. I elected to fight that organisation and its more prominent members as I felt what they were doing was negative in terms of uniting the fans as it only sought out to marginalise. AshbyJan then began to promote the idea of the Trust which aimed to speak on behalf of the majority."

So clearly my assertion that the clique isn't fit for purpose is spot on! All this open honest and transparent BS they like to peddle is all just fluff. You could tell this just by the way they handle complaints. The Save Our City campaign failed because they couldn't work out a coherent strategy, and what is strikingly clear it is happening all over again.

The same disputes, the same fights, the same BS (what have you done) etc. Point is doing something is fine otherwise it is just a waste of time money and resources. Writing to the pope is "doing something" but that isn't going to help, in the same way as wasting an inordinate amount of cash on fancy banners, only forthem to be left on the gates of the FA, and 2-3 days later the FA clearly have paid no attention!

As PC and others correctly say, the trust has morphed into an odious self-serving clique. The fights that go on at the meetings are crazy. Anyone who puts up a slightly different view just gets shouted down with "at least we are doing something!"

Do these guys realise that when you put yourself up as representatives of any group, you are putting yourself of scrutiny. These people do not get this. but they are receiving funds via memberships, so it is right and proper they should be held accountable.

What is the point of having a vote where 99% say they want nothing to do with sisu, and then within a few days you release a would statement saying you would deal with them!

The only reason you put that vote, was because I embarassed you into action! It should have been based on your own convictions. That is the differnce between the clique and myself and others like me. As a fan, I do not need to compromise! I stand by my convictions, as I believe them to be right!

The clique is doing these things purely to be seen to be doing something - and that is the entire problem! Everything is unco-ordinated. As a result you get protests at the FA with just over 20 people from cov and a few fans who just happened to be there!

Flash mobs get more people - hell I have seen better attended stag do!

Like others have said, the signals from the clique are mixed, unclear and erratic. That isn't the way to run any protest, and it most definitely is not the way the group wanting to be involved in running our club should be!

It is long past the time the clique call it a day. They had the opportunity to do something and failed. They represent us to sisu, and yet they are totally ignored. They have failed to make any changes to the matchday experience (a core requirement btw), and have failed to get their voice heard.

By any measure they are a moribund set up now. Disgraced, humiliated, dis-jointed. These aren't the people to take us forward. Anyone who takes such a position and tries to stifle critics, and insults fans (you should be treating fans exactly as you treat Fisher or any other executive). By not doing so you show a total disrespect to the entire fan base of the club!

I mean you have a board of 12 people! The FA running the entire league structure only has 7!

If you really want to represent the fans, you have to stop thinking and behaving as a regular fan and start acting as a representative. Is it any wonder you aren't taken seriously when one day you are calling for accounts to be deleted and calling someone mentally ill, then the next day invite them to private meetings!

Who is the crazy one there? It's fine for me to insult, I only represent me. The clique claim to represent everyone. If you don't want to behave like a politician - fine - quit the board, better yet quit the clique! That way you can truly say your views do not represent the clique!

Time for the clique to be put out of our misery.

torchomatic

That's nothing. I have proof that Lee Harvey Oswald was going to assassinate President Kennedy. I told the FBI, CIA, NBA, FIFA and C&A, gave them documentary proof, but they ignored it. I am correct but can't be bothered to find it for you as I am totally pissed off with it all.

if you go back further on this you will find i am correct can't be bothered to find it for u as am totally pissed off with it all

honestken

Some of you may know of Knowl. He is our illustrious and well spoken leader over at GMK. We are, on the whole, a peaceful bunch. Yes, we have a dry sense of humour, one which may rub some up the wrong way but like you lot we want a better CCFC. Knowl isn't a member on here but here's what he's had to say today:

Let us know your thoughts.......
thing is, Fisher has stated on several occasions we will NEVER play at the Ricoh again, its done and dusted, we are moving on. etc

so i think its sisu we need to be speaking to.

Nonleagueherewecome

All you are doing in mirroring the SISU - ACL argument. Which proves a point in itself. BOTH sides are at fault and have made errors. Yet the vocal majority of fans side with ACL.

IMO around 90% of the blame lies with SISU. No counter argument has been able to convince me otherwise and nor will it in the future ('cos I won't even bother reading it).

olderskyblue

That's nothing. I have proof that Lee Harvey Oswald was going to assassinate President Kennedy. I told the FBI, CIA, NBA, FIFA and C&A, gave them documentary proof, but they ignored it. I am correct but can't be bothered to find it for you as I am totally pissed off with it all.

I think he was working on the assumption that if it was BS, it won't be long before someone comes up with "proof" to show it was BS.

but, if they can't, they just attack the poster in some way. :p

Nonleagueherewecome

Hmm, how old were you at the time?

torchomatic

torchomatic

Sky Blue Pete

Where I agree with knowl is that if there is no possibility of a business partnership then Sisu have only one choice and that is to sell up. They can take their time and use more of their investors money but they will have to sell its just when this happens that is up for debate!!

I don't think they are any worse owners than many but they have lost all credibility with their business partners and customer base-us!

oakey

Trouble is knowl says he has a balanced view (doesn't everyone think that). Yet he has become obsessed with finding fault with every move made by ACL and CCC.
He completely buys the idea that there are 2 sides to the argument which is missing the point now. Events have moved on.
I have thought of signing up to GMK but there would be no point. The in crowd are allowed to disagree but an outsider comes on and disagrees with one and the pack gathers to tear the upstart to pieces. The consensus on there is that they are open minded, but if others make any comment that is critical of SISU and they just get the " 2 sides" card played.
Only ever about 10 posters on there so all other browsers, like me, see it is dying on its feet.

Just off to see how long it takes until this post gets quoted on there,selectively and with no context of course.
What names will I be called, mong is my favourite.

edgy

Oh come on Oakey. Don't be like that. If you have a opinion with facts & thoughts to back it up then GMK will debate with you. If all you've got is #sisuout or #notonepennymore you'll get torn a new one. Man up.

DaleM

Some of you may know of Bert.He is our illustrious and well spoken leader over at the Sky Blue Pig.We are, on the whole, a peaceful bunch. Yes, we have a dry sense of humour, one which may rub some up the wrong way but like you lot we want a better CCFC. Bert isn't a member on here but here's what he's had to say today:

Let us know your thoughts.......

"This Lagers warm. Get me a Strongbow."

oakey

Tired of all the "I blame the council" stuff which is so missing the point, because:
+ most of us know the blame is not all on one side
+ most of us are ignorant of the details
+ most of us are sick of reading the minutiae of financial he said, she said
+ the point is only one side is threatening to take the club away from Coventry and stopping that can only be done by pressurising the club. ACL and CCC know what we think and we have no more influence on their decision making, whereas we can influence the club by refusing to buy tickets and merchandise until they do the deal with the Ricoh.

Write all that on Gmk and you'd get abuse + each point above would be disputed until we're back to square one. it's the superiority that gets me.

simple_simon

Trouble is knowl says he has a balanced view (doesn't everyone think that). Yet he has become obsessed with finding fault with every move made by ACL and CCC.
He completely buys the idea that there are 2 sides to the argument which is missing the point now. Events have moved on.
I have thought of signing up to GMK but there would be no point. The in crowd are allowed to disagree but an outsider comes on and disagrees with one and the pack gathers to tear the upstart to pieces. The consensus on there is that they are open minded, but if others make any comment that is critical of SISU and they just get the " 2 sides" card played.
Only ever about 10 posters on there so all other browsers, like me, see it is dying on its feet.

Just off to see how long it takes until this post gets quoted on there,selectively and with no context of course.
What names will I be called, mong is my favourite.

Your so right Oakey
I go and have a look on GMK every so often, they are a strange lot and not many on it. Was told it used to be a great site but would not bother trying to join as seems full of eccentric old men.

simple_simon

Tired of all the "I blame the council" stuff which is so missing the point, because:
+ most of us know the blame is not all on one side
+ most of us are ignorant of the details
+ most of us are sick of reading the minutiae of financial he said, she said
+ the point is only one side is threatening to take the club away from Coventry and stopping that can only be done by pressurising the club. ACL and CCC know what we think and we have no more influence on their decision making, whereas we can influence the club by refusing to buy tickets and merchandise until they do the deal with the Ricoh.

Write all that on Gmk and you'd get abuse + each point above would be disputed until we're back to square one. it's the superiority that gets me.

With you 100%

Nonleagueherewecome

Q. How do you know when a forum is dead?

A. When it's members have to resort to copying posts onto other forums so that someone actually reads it.

skybluegaz2

You are all talking a load of crap - why deal with the devil. It's only you morons that accept SISU as masters - boycott them to save our club ACL.
SISU need a ground more than ACL needs SISU. So let them build their white elephant.

oakey

The thousands that live in Coventry that only went to the JPT semi final?
Actually yes because the club can only grow if it has a dormant fan base to entice back. That will never happen if we move from Coventry.
Would it be better if we couldn't ever attract big crowds?
How so?

usskyblue

Actually yes because the club can only grow if it has a dormant fan base to entice back. That will never happen if we move from Coventry.
Would it be better if we couldn't ever attract big crowds?
How so?

The move would be temporary, no?

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't consider three years "temporary", especially when there is no feasible vision for our return that doesn't diminish the club's potential to a point where it is essentially no longer the same club.

But it doesn't affect you either way, does it?

oakey

It makes no difference as it is totally unnecessary and you underestimate the majority older age fans if you believe they will meekly follow.
For many it was a real wrench to move to the Ricoh. They won't be moving again and will be lost forever. In 3 years time most will have kicked the habit. And some the bucket.

usskyblue

Unless SISU want to pay inflated rent we're moving whether any of us like it or not...

...irrespective of where we live.

Users who are viewing this thread