Knowl[GMK] says..... (1 Viewer)

edgy

Q. How do you know when a forum is dead?

A. When it's members have to resort to copying posts onto other forums so that someone actually reads it.

Tad harsh & petty. Knowl doesn't have a SBT account, so I posted it for him.

GMK prides itself on not having a thousand frothing mentalists. Quality not quantity.

Nonleagueherewecome

Unless SISU want to pay inflated rent we're moving whether any of us like it or not...

...irrespective of where we live.

An interesting concept, moving a club but leaving it's fans behind; lets see how that plays out!

Nonleagueherewecome

Tad harsh & petty. Knowl doesn't have a SBT account, so I posted it for him.

GMK prides itself on not having a thousand frothing mentalists. Quality not quantity.

Y'see, that's why I never joined..I can never get the references.

oakey

Unless SISU want to pay inflated rent we're moving whether any of us like it or not...

...irrespective of where we live.
There you go you see. You assert that it is inflated rent. Firstly, how can you be so certain what is a reasonable rent and what deals have been offered? Secondly, a whole new negotiation may take place in which a lower still rent is offered. But you've already decided it is inflated. Maybe it will be more than reasonable. How low will it have to be before you will say it's OK?

Sky Blue Harry H

Well an opinion about where CCFC should play does not really affect you like it does thousands of others. Surely you see my point?

Don't give Tim Fisher ideas, or we may up in the US of A as a franchise Talahasee Fisher Dynamoes for 3 seasons (assuming Talahasee is within 30 miles of Cov (or even speltcorrectly?):confused:

Nonleagueherewecome

In order to build a stadium we own and can profit from?

Who wouldn't want that for our (oops sorry, your) future?

I don't think that can possibly be their plan. "Do the math". It would take decades to pay back, with a fraction of the fanbase remaining to do so from.

mark82

But circumstances aside other clubs have done that successfully - I.e Rotherham and Brighton/

Rotherham moved literally a couple of miles because their landlord effectively kicked them out whilst they built their new ground in (not near) Rotherham. Don Valley is probably closer to Rotherham than the new build SISU stadium will be to Coventry.

stupot07

Rotherham moved literally a couple of miles because their landlord effectively kicked them out whilst they built their new ground in (not near) Rotherham. Don Valley is probably closer to Rotherham than the new build SISU stadium will be to Coventry.

Brighton played 40 miles away in gillingham for 2 years.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I don't think that can possibly be their plan. "Do the math". It would take decades to pay back, with a fraction of the fanbase remaining to do so from.
Remind me wasn't that the idea of the Ricoh o yes and the owners ran out of money and had to be bailed out. The good thing IF Sisu run out of money they can go back to the Ricoh or they can ask for their own bailout.

oakey

Remind me wasn't that the idea of the Ricoh o yes and the owners ran out of money and had to be bailed out. The good thing IF Sisu run out of money they can go back to the Ricoh or they can ask for their own bailout.
Ah but ACL and CCC should have given the club the Ricoh for free because, er, because, give me a minute, it'll come to me.
Because we are not going to be their cash cow any longer. They only invested a big button and, well, it's only fair that they should give the club it. Now. Or else. It will be their fault if the club are 70 million in debt, because the club cannot make ends meet unless we own the zillions we make on pies.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Ah but ACL and CCC should have given the club the Ricoh for free because, er, because, give me a minute, it'll come to me.
Because we are not going to be their cash cow any longer. They only invested a big button and, well, it's only fair that they should give the club it. Now. Or else. It will be their fault if the club are 70 million in debt, because the club cannot make ends meet unless we own the zillions we make on pies.
All this is a load of bolox I seriously wish Id never found this site I spend all my time hoping someone comes on with good news. Instead we get Sisu Acl CCC some fans bickering others who insist they have the moral high ground supporting either side. This my fellow supporters is the problem we have lost our club to people on one side who are a group whose very exsistance is based on high risk deals and are prepared to lose everything because its not their money, the other a group of councellors etc responsible to the voters. We are of no consequence to the first group and a small %age of the second.
We my friends are alone our voices aren't heard because we are not loud enough.
We have to raise our voices as one then maybe they'll hear us

stupot07

What happened then?

They came back. The football league requires you to have robust plans for a return to allow ground sharing, so we would be coming back.

But this is by the by, the OP is saying we should be focusing on putting pressure on both sides to the them around a table and get a deal done to keep us at the Ricoh - do you not agree?

Sky Blue Pete

They came back. The football league requires you to have robust plans for a return to allow ground sharing, so we would be coming back.

But this is by the by, the OP is saying we should be focusing on putting pressure on both sides to the them around a table and get a deal done to keep us at the Ricoh - do you not agree?

It isn't. The op is saying we should put pressure on acl & Ccc and forgets that there is a third party-Sisu involved.

It is daft to suggest that it is possible in my opinion. This particular business boat sailed away a long time ago and there needs to be a huge amount of goodwill and rebuilding of trust that is only just about possible personally let alone professionally.

A better poll on here would be if you had no trust in your partner would you stick around? Yes or no??

Therefore how can we expect these parties to bury the hate and work together for us??

stupot07

It isn't. The op is saying we should put pressure on acl & Ccc and forgets that there is a third party-Sisu involved.

It is daft to suggest that it is possible in my opinion. This particular business boat sailed away a long time ago and there needs to be a huge amount of goodwill and rebuilding of trust that is only just about possible personally let alone professionally.

A better poll on here would be if you had no trust in your partner would you stick around? Yes or no??

Therefore how can we expect these parties to bury the hate and work together for us??

No it doesn't, it says that we should accept the admin process and put pressure on both ccfc and ACL to get around a table with an independent mediator and agree a deal to keep the club at the Ricoh: -

Originally Posted by :
I believe we should accept that due process has been correctly carried out and
SISU, through Otium, have regained control of the club after the needless
administration process.

Instead of pointing fingers at the
administrator or the football league, focus should be put on the only two
parties who can gaurentee football is played at the Ricoh Arena next season,
namely the ACL and Coventry City football club.

It is those two parties
alone who can solve this issue and without both sides knowing the distress this
situation is causing I don't believe we will get the solution we desire.

Therefore, I believe that ACL and CCFC should accept talks marshalled by an
independent body to ensure a fair deal is agreed and we can move on from this
sorry mess.

olderskyblue

But knowl knows the only way a deal would be acceptable to SISU is if it's better than the last offer, so it's only ACL he wants to concede anything by this reckoning.

If this whole Optium/SiSU thing turns to tears, as I suspect it will, could, hypothetically speaking, 'a fan' of Coventry City FC be able to begin litigation against the Football League, who have found after due diligence that Optium/SiSU are all above board.

When in reality it is suspected that their take over/take back/refinance is really just a tentacle of the octopus that is SiSU who will screw every last penny out of the club, the Ricoh Arena & the city of Coventry & leave the city without a club to support? Or am I just cynical with a an empty glass?

Users who are viewing this thread