Knobend on pitch (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Cant believe christie got booked for trying to trip him up!

We should have stuck him in goal though ...

Otis

Should have been given a medal.

A yellow card was ridiculous.

It was Christie.

Bennosdancingfeet

Christine booted him... Fair play,

See our great stewards / rapid response team took all of two minutes to get on the pitch, fecking joke

mark82

He was lucky not to get sent off for kicking out at him. I would have nutted him instead.

lordsummerisle

Think it might have been a Crewe game years ago in the first season at the Ricoh around Christmas time, when a fat bloke ran onto the pitch to try and get the ref after he's sent off two of our players.

Was funny as fuck, he just ran out breath, had to stop and then start again, still never got anywhere near him.

CovisGod

Ran on like a dick, no shirt on, patted a few players on the back, all of which ignored him, got a bit too close to the players when he realised he wasn't getting any attention, Christie tried to leg him up, dick got in Christies face and stewards pulled him away, Christie got booked.

The end :)

Nick

Administrator
Fair play to christie, biggest cheer of the night other than ballboys slipping up

coop

he looked like he told baker to fuckoff he was one fucking knob to many sherberds i believe

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Umpa lumpa's far too slow to react! Far too interested in what was happening in the Crewe end!

As for the booking, im sure their players got him that card! They were even disputing with the lino after the yellow so im sure they wanted him off!

After the recent Hazard incident it was a very silly thing to do as the ref was so inconsistent who knows what his decision could have been

jabharty

Just search any incidents with pitch invaders on youtube. Most get red if you even touch them, so in that sense Christie was lucky. Was expecting him to get a red.
Stupid rule.

tippex9

Ref did us a favour. What Christie did is violent conduct & a red card. If the ref didn't book him the authorities could have dealt with it retrospectively. The yellow means its been dealt with.

What I actually noticed was the ref wasn't looking at the time of the kick, their two centre halves ran up and told the referee what he'd done, trying to get him carded. Fellow professionals?? Should be embarrassed.

Otis

Ref did us a favour. What Christie did is violent conduct & a red card. If the ref didn't book him the authorities could have dealt with it retrospectively. The yellow means its been dealt with.

What I actually noticed was the ref wasn't looking at the time of the kick, their two centre halves ran up and told the referee what he'd done, trying to get him carded. Fellow professionals?? Should be embarrassed.

Violent conduct?

If that was violent conduct then I am a nun.

All he did was trip him to slow him down, so the stewards could get to him.

Violent conduct my arse! Booking was totally unjust.

Sky

Also disgusted by the wankers throwing things from the stands trying to hit the prick/stewards, I saw a full bottle of coke fly and almost smash someone on the head and a woman sitting next to me got hit by something. It could have done some serious damage

Changeyourface

Nothing wrong with a good old pitch invasion but that guy was just an attention seeking prick. Also why should Christie get booked for trying to trip up a bloke who wasn't even involved in the game?

CovMatt1987

I was right in front of it and the only reason he got booked is because of the Crewe players reaction, which I do think is a bit pathetic really. If any of our stewards had reacted within the first 60 seconds it wuoldnt have needed the players to try and trip the tosser up.

Really? they are lambasted when they do act, Lambasted when they don't. Think we need to look a little closer at the dick that ran on the pitch or the fellow dicks that were throwing bottles at him which were hitting our own fans! Its not a job i would want!

CovMatt1987

i don't lambast anyone when they do act (if its in the right way). they just didn't react at all. but hey id agree, more questions should be aimed towards the idiot who ran on the pitch, or the idiots throwing stuff.

tippex9

Violent conduct?

If that was violent conduct then I am a nun.

All he did was trip him to slow him down, so the stewards could get to him.

Violent conduct my arse! Booking was totally unjust.

Admittedly I was behind the goal and a fair distance away but it looked more than a trip to me, I could be wrong. Tbh in my opinion your fair game if you trespass on to the pitch. I've seen fans do it in the NFL & players have destroyed them.

I'm sure I'll be seeing the 'invader' soon. Can't wait.

I'm more angry at the Crewe players running to the ref to get him sent off.

Otis

It was just a trip. All he did was stick a leg out to be honest.

If he had kicked him it would have been quite different.

StevieM

The stewards are instructed not to chase the people who run on the pitch as this only makes the problem worse (or maybe not..ask Chris Kirkland?)
The offending person in theory has to exit the pitch at some point, so supposedly thats what they were doing, waiting to see where he comes off then catch him and subsequently kick the f**king shit out of the twat once out of sight of the public..(well admittedly I added the last bit in lieu of Cyrus' card)!!!

CovMatt1987

The stewards are instructed not to chase the people who run on the pitch as this only makes the problem worse (or maybe not..ask Chris Kirkland?)
The offending person in theory has to exit the pitch at some point, so supposedly thats what they were doing, waiting to see where he comes off then catch him and subsequently kick the f**king shit out of the twat once out of sight of the public..(well admittedly I added the last bit in lieu of Cyrus' card)!!!

If thats true, its ridiculous. So many of these people who come on the pitch will just wander around there as long as they can and what, everyone is meant to just stand and watch it happened?

If they are instructed that then fair enough its more down to the people instructing them - but I doubt thats true, based on the fact that eventually a shed load of them did run on the pitch

Users who are viewing this thread