Kit (1 Viewer)

speedie87

I see we will be wearing the retro cup final kit against spurs

Good decision I suggested this a few weeks back wonder if someone from the club read it?!

skybluelee

Nothing says 'living in the past and have achieved fck all since' than dragging out this shirt purely because we are playing Spurs.

jimmyhillsfanclub

...I wonder if Spurs will join in the fun with half of them removing their shirt sponsorship from the front.....:whistle:

Sub

rather us play in the 'brazil kit' we seem to do better wearing that !!!!

skybluelee

BOOOO ! It's a nice touch, nothing more.

It was to celebrate the 25th anniversary, which was fine. it's now the 26th. Plus, we don't even have matching shorts and socks with it, which makes the whole thing look like a pub kit.

CovisGod

It was to celebrate the 25th anniversary, which was fine. it's now the 26th. Plus, we don't even have matching shorts and socks with it, which makes the whole thing look like a pub kit.

as opposed to living on past glories it could be seen as being inspired by past glories in an attempt to get them back.

covcity4life

well said kg

website says robins wants the kit to be used

i hope he shows the players a video of that win too, maybe inspire an upset

mattylad

Yeah I am sure Clive Allen wont be getting his Spurs lads even more fired up when he hears this news :facepalm:

pusbccfc

The actual remake is a very nice kit from the stands.
I think we should wear it for years to come in the FA Cup.

I don't know which is the most embarrassing. Harping on about our win 26 years later or grown blokes on a football forum w@nking themselves into a frenzy over what shirt the team will wear.

torchomatic

Cup Final kit or not. Stripes are rubbish. Always have been, always will be. We're sky blue.

brinner

i mite even dig my original 86-87 shirt out for the occasion, b a bit of a tight fit mind these days!! :D

tho what if the ref does not agree and we have to play in spurs away kit due to a colour clash?!? happend to them at highfield road in the cup winning season :p

Changeyourface

Don't moan about living in the past when you constantly bring up our top division days.

This isn't living in the past though is it, it just reeks of small time, almost as bad as the half and half scarfs when we played Chelsea, Celtic and fucking Blackburn. Blackburn for Christ sake. We're Coventry City not fucking Barnet or the like.

kg82

The same Coventry City that are in league 1? This sort of thing is celebrating the occasion, not the team we're playing.

Changeyourface

The same Coventry City that are in league 1? This sort of thing is celebrating the occasion, not the team we're playing.

What occassion? It's the third round of the FA Cup and it's 26 years since we won it. I fail to see the occassion, we played Spurs at HR in the cup about 8 years back and I can't remember anybody feeling the need to wear a commemerative shirt because it was 18 years or whatever since we'd won the cup. Or because it's not about the team we're playing are you suggesting we wear a retro shirt every year in the 3rd round?

kg82

Not at all. I don't think its anything to moan or complain about either. Does it really matter that much? Is it going to ruin your day/week/month/life?

ccfc92

I see both sides of the argument. It is a brilliant shirt, but we will get taunted if we lose in it :/

Changeyourface

Not at all. I don't think its anything to moan or complain about either. Does it really matter that much? Is it going to ruin your day/week/month/life?

It's ruined my Christmas, returned all my gifts and took the decorations down. Not in the festive mood anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread