Kings Lynn (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

As Worcester City are a non-league side and so were Sutton United when they knocked us out of the Cup that annoying cliche that is a potential banana skin springs to mind. But even worse is that the first real game I remember watching as a kid with my dad was the one when Kings Lynn beat us in the Cup when Jimmy Hill had taken over.I hope this isn't a bad omen !

bringbackrattles

That was the first game I went to at highfield Rd, sat on the wall behind the goal in the kop.
As a young lad it never really sunk in that they were a little non-league side and it was a giant killing act but it never put me off as we went on to be a successful club under Jimmy Hill !

skyblueexile

I'd be happy to lose if it meant Hill mark2 era

Sadly I was at all 3 matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheelfass

As Worcester City are a non-league side and so were Sutton United when they knocked us out of the Cup that annoying cliche that is a potential banana skin springs to mind. But even worse is that the first real game I remember watching as a kid with my dad was the one when Kings Lynn beat us in the Cup when Jimmy Hill had taken over.I hope this isn't a bad omen !

Think you'll find Jimmy Hill hadn't taken over at that point but was sitting in the old Marston's stand ( Sky Blue stand side) at HR watching the game poised as the next manager.

Jetstream-sama

Well, we're not a top flight side anymore (as we were when Sutton rogered us), and personally I would give nothing more than a resigned sigh and a nonchalant shrug if Worcester rogered us tomorrow.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

to be honest if the worst should happen and we go out tomorrow they will call it a giant killing and we just like Exeter on Friday will just be honored to be described as a giant in the football world

Gazolba

CovisGod

I live about 2 miles from Kings Lynn funnily enough. They'd have been in the 1st round of FC Fylde hadn't beaten them 4-3

Users who are viewing this thread