Kilmarnock after Armstrong... (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Strange story but Kilmarnock are after Adam Armstrong on loan. Newcastle don't want to loan him to anther championship club for obvious reasons...if he's available we should to take him back.

I would have thought he is in Newcastle's plans for the Championship.

Esoterica

I think getting Benitez to stay was subject to a sizeable investment so maybe Armstrong really will be available again.

chiefdave

If they think he's too good to be loaned to a L1 side then he'll be playing for them in the championship won't he?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Thought he might have gone to a side like Preston.

Can't see any point in him going to the SPL of it isn't Rangers or Celtic.

CCFC88

I dont get why wouldnt they loan him to anyone in the Championship? Apart from the top 4/5 that they will expect to be challenging next season all he will do is take points off their opponents surely? Send him out on loan and theres only one team he can play for that will finish above them surely, with a clause that he cant play against them?

Nick

Administrator
Ashley hasn't got shares in them too has he?

Why wouldn't they just play him?

Covstu

I think it depends on who they offload in the pre season. He would do a great job for his home team and will carry favour with the fans. They would be daft to loan him out again

Skyblueweeman

I really cannot see him coming back to us. Good luck to him wherever he ends up next season, be it still at SJP, up in Scotland or elsewhere.

stupot07

Apart from rangers and Celtic, the SPL isn't that much better than League One. He'd be better coming back to us than going to Kilmarnock.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Astute

I dont get why wouldnt they loan him to anyone in the Championship? Apart from the top 4/5 that they will expect to be challenging next season all he will do is take points off their opponents surely? Send him out on loan and theres only one team he can play for that will finish above them surely, with a clause that he cant play against them?
IIRC they are not allowed to put a clause in about league games they can't play in. Cup games are different as players get cup tied.

Sky Blue Kid

Does this help......
A Premier League and Football League Perspective

The PL regulations state that a PL player cannot play against his parent club and that if the loan agreement becomes a permanent transfer, the selling club can insist that the player cannot play against it for the remainder of the season[1].

The FL regulations appear to give slightly more leeway by prohibiting a loanee playing against his parent club unless expressly permitted by the parent club[2]. This option is not available for PL clubs. Recently, Arsene Wenger expressed his dissatisfaction with the current system in the PL:

crazylegsjoe

Knowing Scottish football like I do (watch Motherwell most weeks, but go down to Cov games a few times a season), I could definitely say that Kilmarnock would be a massive step back for Armstrong. There really isn't a single Kilmarnock player who would have got a game for Cov last season. The only thing that might tempt him up here would be playing on TV a bit more, or playing against Celtic or Rangers. If he was joining a good SPFL side, say like Aberdeen or Hearts, then maybe, but Kilmarnock are perennial strugglers.

Skyblueweeman

Apart from rangers and Celtic, the SPL isn't that much better than League One. He'd be better coming back to us than going to Kilmarnock.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agreed but if I was Newcastle, I'd want him to try something different. He's 'done' L1 so why not test him in another competition. SPL would be the next best.

Regardless of what people say, it's still competitive apart from games involving Celtic.

Bertola

Lee Clarke is the Kilmarnock manager, so he might be hoping for a favour from his old club. Personally think another season with us would be more beneficial, if he wasn't to go on loan to a lower championship club

Users who are viewing this thread