Killing Eve (1 Viewer)

Grendel

How is he correct? Ha! What nonsense.

I didn't buy into it and that lead me to then analyse it.

They is no right or wrong, correct or incorrect. It depends on the individual watching.

What you mean is that it is correct for Wingy.

Well anyone who analyses something that’s deliberately created not to be is kind of on their own. It’s a millennium version of the Saint - a giggle but hardly worth critical analysis.

Otis

Well anyone who analyses something that’s deliberately created not to be is kind of on their own. It’s a millennium version of the Saint - a giggle but hardly worth critical analysis.
You are missing the point. Not like you at all that.

Look, from my perspective, I should like the programme. I was looking forwards to the programme. I had no intention of watching the programme with any desire to analyse it.

I really rate Jodie Comer. I like David Haig as an actor and so too I rate Fiona Shaw and for the most part, Darren Boyd. I therefore should like the programme. I was looking forwards to the programme.

What would you expect me to do. Just start watching it and say to myself I am not that keen on this, so I will just switch off the programme and not have a think why I am not enjoying it even though I should be enjoying it?

That would be daft.

I had no intention to analyse and only did so because I thought I would really like it and didn't so much.

What you are saying is totally incorrect. Happy to accept it as total fluff if I had been enjoying myself viewing the show.

Grendel

Feel like you are just wanting to create an argument because you like arguing.

I think it’s you whose arguing - you seem obsessed!

Otis

I think it’s you whose arguing - you seem obsessed!
Obsessed?

I just picked on your snidey comment that Wingy was of course correct.

Not obsessed at all. All I did was wonder why I didn't particularly care for a programme that should have been right up my street.

Grendel

Obsessed?

I just picked on your snidey comment that Wingy was of course correct.

Not obsessed at all. All I did was wonder why I didn't particularly care for a programme that should have been right up my street.

Snidey comments? You mean agreeing with another poster?

Ok.

Otis

Snidey comments? You mean agreeing with another poster?

Ok.
Nope. You and I both know that was a put down comment. You do it all the time with all posters.

It's the 'If I think one thing and you think another, I'm right and you're wrong'.

There is no right or wrong here. You just enjoy arguing for the sake or arguing. There's nowt to argue about and for some reason you think it weird for me to just wonder why I don't like a TV show as much as I should.

Grendel

Nope. You and I both know that was a put down comment. You do it all the time with all posters.

It's the 'If I think one thing and you think another, I'm right and you're wrong'.

There is no right or wrong here. You just enjoy arguing for the sake or arguing. There's nowt to argue about and for some reason you think it weird for me to just wonder why I don't like a TV show as much as I should.

The only one arguing is you!

Sky Blue Harry H

Just binge watched it over a couple of days whilst fighting off manflu. Really enjoyed it. See a second series has been commissioned, but not sure where they can go with it (other than reveal more to do with the twelve, plus perhaps have Eve turn bad too?) We will see!

Otis

Just binge watched it over a couple of days whilst fighting off manflu. Really enjoyed it. See a second series has been commissioned, but not sure where they can go with it (other than reveal more to do with the twelve, plus perhaps have Eve turn bad too?) We will see!

Good job I have no idea who 'the twelve' are, otherwise I would be telling you off for not using spoilers. ;)

Otis

Just watched the third episode. Much better and much less of the smug one liners being bandied about.

Eve was a lot more calmer a character too and not so frictional and irritating.

Seems to have settled down a bit and is all the better for it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The only one arguing is you!
You spend the vast majority of your time arguing with anyone and everyone on this forum for crying out loud.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Just finished the second episode and though Jodie Comer is brilliant, I am just finding the thing okay and a bit smarmy.

For all its faults, I am enjoying Bodyguard so much more.
I'm with you on that score. This is just a catalogue of killing that's all a bit too easy .

wingy

Watched ep 4 last night
Misssd three but got the gist from the intro
Still loving it and some of the incidental music!!

stupot07

Just binged watched the last 4 on iPlayer. Really enjoyed it, felt fresh and some great characters in it.

Brilliant tv, and Jodie Comer is Fantastic in it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

She is indeed.

It has got so much better as it has gone on and the style has changed quite a bit since that first episode, where they tried to just fill the thing with snappy one-liners.

Am now really enjoying it.

wingy

She is indeed.

It has got so much better as it has gone on and the style has changed quite a bit since that first episode, where they tried to just fill the thing with snappy one-liners.

Am now really enjoying it.
It's got a Fargo vibe to it !!
It's wicked just watched five and six.

larry_david

First episode I got really annoyed with it trying be some some weird clever comedy. Didn't like eve either but from then on it sorted itself out.

Villenelle or whatever she's called is just superb though. God damn

Otis

First episode I got really annoyed with it trying be some some weird clever comedy. Didn't like eve either but from then on it sorted itself out.

Villenelle or whatever she's called is just superb though. God damn
Exactly! Spot on. Exactly the same as I felt. Trying to be far too clever in that first episode.

wingy

I'm not 100% certain but it appears they've used different writers in certain episodes
Maybe tha explains the variance in style .
Think Fargo adopted a similar approach.

Users who are viewing this thread