Kieren Westwood (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

Money would be a huge stumbling block. He was on around £15,000 per week at Sunderland, doubt he is on much less at Sheffield Wednesday.

Magwitch

Westwood better than what we currently have but overrated in my opinion was okay here but never top notch. Illustrates goalkeepers are an expensive item in a football team. Never really able to hold a first team spot down since he left.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Westwood better than what we currently have but overrated in my opinion was okay here but never top notch. Illustrates goalkeepers are an expensive item in a football team. Never really able to hold a first team spot down since he left.
Admittedly he hasn't lived up to his full potential , injury may have had something to do with it.

But he was better than ok for us .

Marty

Fantastic keeper, would have him back straight away.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Over-rated? He was an international keeper FFS! He took over from Shay Given for the Republic of Ireland. Not exactly Brazil or Germany but an International keeper nonetheless!

skybluepm2

Over-rated? He was an international keeper FFS! He took over from Shay Given for the Republic of Ireland. Not exactly Brazil or Germany but an International keeper nonetheless!

Absolutely outstanding during his tenure here. Rarely made a mistake, kicking, cross claiming and shot stopping were second to none. No-one has come anywhere close to him during our stint outside the Premier League. Burge and LOB not fit to tie the blokes laces!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
[QUOTE Burge and LOB not fit to tie the blokes laces!

I'm surprised they can tie their own let alone anyone elses[/QUOTE]
:emoji_smile::emoji_smile::emoji_smile::emoji_smile::emoji_smile:

ajsccfc

Westwood better than what we currently have but overrated in my opinion was okay here but never top notch.
I can stand by as you recommend we play 2-3-5 and stop at half-time for rations in the air raid shelter, but I'm not having this

Magwitch

I can stand by as you recommend we play 2-3-5 and stop at half-time for rations in the air raid shelter, but I'm not having this
Just an opinion I am entitled too, did okay when he was here, I liked him but has never been more than a number 2 for long in his premiership career that’s a fact and there will be reasons.

pusbccfc

There is more chance of Bakayoko winning a header than Westwood signing on loan.

ajsccfc

Just an opinion I am entitled too, did okay when he was here, I liked him but has never been more than a number 2 for long in his premiership career that’s a fact and there will be reasons.
But none of those reasons would retrospectively change what he did with us before.

Grendel

As I said I liked him, but no Oggy or Glazier

Oddly we have had a lot of goalkeepers other than them since the 70's

Can think of many more better than him other than those two as I am struggling.

Blythe perhaps but who else?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Currently in dispute with Sheff Wed over image rights, so they've made him train with the youth team. That's why he's 3rd choice.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hedman was a decent keeper in his day, though I still preferred Oggy. I'd probably choose Murphy over Westwood but of the last ten years those two would be the ones I'd take. Kasper on loan you could see was decent and I always had a soft spot for Fulop (RIP).

Of course we've got the likes of Debec and Nuzzo at the other end of the scale

Gilbo

I’ve been supporting City since 87 and the only keeper who has been better for a sustained period of time is, Ogrizovic. Kirkland was better but didn’t play enough games to rival Westwood.

Gilbo

Hedman was a decent keeper in his day, though I still preferred Oggy. I'd probably choose Murphy over Westwood but of the last ten years those two would be the ones I'd take. Kasper on loan you could see was decent and I always had a soft spot for Fulop (RIP).

Murphy over Westwood?! Hahaha!

Magwitch

Not a popular choice for other reasons but for me Les Sealey is next to Oggy and Glazier, I thought he was better than Blythe. Since Oggy retired we have had a succession of so-so goalies Hedman could be brilliant and then dodgy but I’ll agree Westwood when here was amongst the better ones, chased the dollar though but of a shame really but can’t blame him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hedman was a decent keeper in his day, though I still preferred Oggy. I'd probably choose Murphy over Westwood but of the last ten years those two would be the ones I'd take. Kasper on loan you could see was decent and I always had a soft spot for Fulop (RIP). EDIT Also thought Kirkland had a great future just a shame he was made from glass.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Murphy over Westwood?! Hahaha!

I just felt he was a little bit better in terms of marshalling the defence, possibly due to being more experienced than Westwood during his time here. Technically, Westwood was probably the better keeper. But I'd be happy with either of them between the sticks (if they were being assessed on their time here rather than right here and now of course)

Gilbo

I just felt he was a little bit better in terms of marshalling the defence, possibly due to being more experienced than Westwood during his time here. Technically, Westwood was probably the better keeper. But I'd be happy with either of them between the sticks (if they were being assessed on their time here rather than right here and now of course)
All I ever see Murphy do is constantly parry and shout at young defenders, destroying their confidence.

ajsccfc

When Chris Hussey walks the streets at night he can still hear Murphy's screams echoing through the fog of old London town

Users who are viewing this thread