Kieffer Moore (1 Viewer)

Major Tom

Any change we could have him at Ryton in the summer to do some coaching with Simms and Wright to show them how a forward should trap, hold and pass a ball to player in the same team.
He made it look very simple last night.

CV22SBA

Any change we could have him at Ryton in the summer to do some coaching with Simms and Wright to show them how a forward should trap, hold and pass a ball to player in the same team.
Did he? Miss kicked the ball for his goal although it was good positioning and got bullied a couple of times by Thomas. Don't recall him doing anything else in the game?

napolimp

Is that why he couldn't get into Bournemouth's team, and had to drop down to the Championship?

Bugsy

Why don't we just appreciate who we have in our squad, yes we need improvement and we will, we're progressing well, blips here and there are gonna happen, we're not Real Madrid or Man City so just accept who we have, they are decent as we have seen before to our dip in form.

That's all I'm saying

torchomatic

IS that the Simms and Wright who have scored 19 goals each this season?

SonofErnie

To suggest Moore wouldn’t have had a positive impact if we’d got him in January is pretty silly really

Key point is he would have displaced Godden who has had a poor 2nd half of the season. Whether that was starting or coming off the bench wouldn’t have mattered.

Mucca Mad Boys

To suggest Moore wouldn’t have had a positive impact if we’d got him in January is pretty silly really

We were never in the run to sign him so it’s a moot point.

Ellis Simms form picked up at the turn of 2024 so we should all agree that not signing a striker in Jan was a blessing in disguise. Going into next season we need a 3rd choice, absolutely.

Grendel

We were never in the run to sign him so it’s a moot point.

Ellis Simms form picked up at the turn of 2024 so we should all agree that not signing a striker in Jan was a blessing in disguise. Going into next season we need a 3rd choice, absolutely.

Moore would have been a huge player for us - after all we have players relying on rest and relaxation as they are incapable of playing twice a week without falling asleep

Mucca Mad Boys

Moore would have been a huge player for us - after all we have players relying on rest and relaxation as they are incapable of playing twice a week without falling asleep

Not getting into a hypothetical debate with you on this. It’s a deal that was never on the table for us at any point.

A good player, better suited to Ipswich than ourselves and fair play to him for his form. Less goals than both our options.

Wright and Simms have played all the games (more or less) so that’s a rather curious point to make.

coop

Thought he looked decent to be fair made it look simple I said should of loaned him in January.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Thought he looked decent to be fair made it look simple I said should of loaned him in January.

Kieffer -Moore, there's always next season!!!!

fatso

Key point is he would have displaced Godden who has had a poor 2nd half of the season. Whether that was starting or coming off the bench wouldn’t have mattered.
I agree Godden has had a poor second half of the season, but let's not forget Simms scored a rediculous 2 goals in his first 25 appearances, so it's a good job we had Godden available.

I'm not suggesting we keep Godden as he's well past his prime now, but I'm not convinced Simms is the ideal long term replacement (dispite his little purple patch) I'd like to see us bring in some viable competition for the no 9 shirt, and see if that keeps him on his toes.

Major Tom

maybe I should elaborate. I'm not saying he should replace either striker or is any better in terms of strike rate, but his first touch and close ball control for a big unit was very good any times. I feel it's something Simms and Wright could certainly improve on and would benefit their overall game immensely.

TomRad85

I agree Godden has had a poor second half of the season, but let's not forget Simms scored a rediculous 2 goals in his first 25 appearances, so it's a good job we had Godden available.

I'm not suggesting we keep Godden as he's well past his prime now, but I'm not convinced Simms is the ideal long term replacement (dispite his little purple patch) I'd like to see us bring in some viable competition for the no 9 shirt, and see if that keeps him on his toes.
Not sure he's a long term replacement for Godden? He's already 10x the player Godden has ever been, what an odd post.
Oh and Goddens goals gained us a grand total of 2 points. Thank goodness for those.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fatso

Not sure he's a long term replacement for Godden? He's already 10x the player Godden has ever been, what an odd post.
Oh and Goddens goals gained us a grand total of 2 points. Thank goodness for those.

I meant a long term answer as our centre forward. (Godden will obciously move on at the end of the season)

He's had a good second half of the season, but his form has dipped again of late.
(He's not the only one by any means)

If he can keep his work rate high throughout the season, then great, but I have my doubts that he can. Hence we need some proper competition.

TomRad85

I meant a long term answer as our centre forward. (Godden will obciously move on at the end of the season)

He's had a good second half of the season, but his form has dipped again of late.
(He's not the only one by any means)

If he can keep his work rate high throughout the season, then great, but I have my doubts that he can. Hence we need some proper competition.
Well I don't disagree we need someone to compete with him but that goes without saying really. I don't think we'll ever see Simms the same way tbf, but to me it's obvious he'll improve again next season.

Frostie

"Little purple patch" to describe 19 goals in 22 games is a bit harsh no?

fatso

Well I don't disagree we need someone to compete with him but that goes without saying really. I don't think we'll ever see Simms the same way tbf, but to me it's obvious he'll improve again next season.

I hope so, if he keeps his work rate up he'll be a real asset.
My issue with him is that he can disappear too easily.

skybluecam

Maybe, but how would you describe 2 in 25? A little baron patch?
200.gif

Hertsccfc

If the midfield had marked him on the edge of the area he wouldn't have scored
If Collins hadn't let it go under his body he wouldn't have scored. It was straight at him.

However I thought Moore looked a class act and suspect he has been an important part of their success.

CCFCSteve

If Collins hadn't let it go under his body he wouldn't have scored. It was straight at him.

However I thought Moore looked a class act and suspect he has been an important part of their success.

As I think Robins mentioned in his interview everyone ran to the goal line and left him unmarked. Reminded me of playing down the park when I was younger. Moore got it on target but that’s all you can say. He was a handful though

We had similar chance (Palmer) and it was like pinball and Ipswich lucked out. Just one of those nights…again

messiahrobins

Wright is a far better player, Simms will be.

Evo1883

Keiffer moore is a very good striker at this level , was told by many on here he was past it and now he's helping fire Ipswich to the Premier league

Not sure I'd have him as a coach mind you 😆

procdoc

Ok Grendel I’m going to bite on this one. My cousin has a degree in sports science I asked him about how a top professional athlete can struggle to play games in quick succession. He basically said that the body isn’t allowed enough time to recover before going through the exact same physical exertion. Your key muscle groups tighten up and fatigue sets in quickly. It’s like going to the gym and not having a rest day, your body needs time to recover and repair itself.
Also strains and pulls are far more likely to occur the more you do such physically intense activities such as a playing 90 mins of football at such a high level.
The trouble with forums such as this people cannot or do not want to see the fine margins. Also each individual players recovery time will be different. It might take for example Wright longer to recover than Simms, it depends on the individual

Evo1883

Ok Grendel I’m going to bite on this one. My cousin has a degree in sports science I asked him about how a top professional athlete can struggle to play games in quick succession. He basically said that the body isn’t allowed enough time to recover before going through the exact same physical exertion. Your key muscle groups tighten up and fatigue sets in quickly. It’s like going to the gym and not having a rest day, your body needs time to recover and repair itself.
Also strains and pulls are far more likely to occur the more you do such physically intense activities such as a playing 90 mins of football at such a high level.
The trouble with forums such as this people cannot or do not want to see the fine margins. Also each individual players recovery time will be different. It might take for example Wright longer to recover than Simms, it depends on the individual
We've managed it every other season , last season as an example ..

We've also been shit for 13 league games and have heard the tired excuses for probably the same period of time

Hertsccfc

As I think Robins mentioned in his interview everyone ran to the goal line and left him unmarked. Reminded me of playing down the park when I was younger. Moore got it on target but that’s all you can say. He was a handful though

We had similar chance (Palmer) and it was like pinball and Ipswich lucked out. Just one of those nights…again
Their keeper was exceptional too. That save fromWright was probably as good as I have seen this year.

Mucca Mad Boys

7 goals in 17 games
Over the same period Simms & Wright have more than Moore. Almost definitely on less wages too.

Funnily enough I recall people saying Simms was never prolific in previous loan spells - 8 in 17 at Hearts and 5 in 17 for Sunderland.

Users who are viewing this thread