Kevin Phillips (2 Viewers)

ccfc_Tom

I think it'd be a great signing, he's got great vision so would fit with the attractive football, and he scored a few crackin goals last season and season before from coming of the bench. Yes please.... However i can see him not coming to us.

Last edited:
T

TrevorsathisPeake

He's still going to get get goals so lets get him in.

skybluejelly

probably because platt is on about £1000 a week,and mifsud wanted £20,000 when his contract was up,good player ...but i am glad the greedy bastard hasn't played much since he left us..he should be held up as an example to alot of the players who think they are irreplaceable

probably because platt is on about £1000 a week,and mifsud wanted £20,000 when his contract was up,good player ...but i am glad the greedy bastard hasn't played much since he left us..he should be held up as an example to alot of the players who think they are irreplaceable

Ok that explains it. When these fair play rules come in, alot of players are going to get a big shock. Championship clubs will only be paying about £1k a week to survive.

skybluesteve76

Do we need a bloody good goalscorer? Yes! Are there many better at sticking the pigs bladder in the onion bag at our level? No! This would be an awesome signng!

Nonleagueherewecome

Mifsud wouldn't be that great in this style either-his first touch had deserted him and Championship defences had him entirely figured out: just stand off him whilst he knocks it 5 yards in front of himself to run onto, then take it off him. Simples. That or make a scary face and "grr!" noise like you're about to tackle him, and he'll duck out of the challenge before it's even been made. Nevermind that I wouldn't want the greddy so-and-so back after the way he left-including a distinct lack of effort in his final 4 months in the side.

Phillips can undoubtedly score goals at this level if his legs haven't gone, but I heard a whole bunch of Blues fans on 606 last season saying that they had. Not saying he couldn't do a good job, but I can't see him playing Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday too often. Given Lukas' suspect stamina levels, can we afford to have 2 strikers on the pitch who need subbing around the hour mark? Unless that is the masterplan-tire out the first two, then send on Super Roy to tear it up with his pace!?! Whatever, Phillips is hardly what you'd expect from a Thorn signing (young, cheap, relatively unkown and someone we can improve as a player), and I still see the ghost of Tim Sherwood in my nightmares..

Oh and I think we're getting a little over-excited by this "Franchise Player" tag. There is no such thing in English football-it's an American term for American sports. Brody only used the term because he knows U.S./Canadian sports jargon rather than British. Maybe "an X-Factor Signing" would be the way to put it better over this side of the pond. I'm sure if you asked Thorn, he'd say we're in the market for "a very good footballer", end of story. Off the pitch/marketing/face of the club stuff is just baloney that will never happen in English football. We are not in the MLS and we are not looking for a Beckham-type signing. Nor do we need a new star quarter-back or power hitter! (Clingan is our quarter-back) :p

pusbccfc

Rather have mackail smith tbh

SkyBlue_Bear83

Probably be another Arjan De zeeuw, Lee Carsley or Tim Sherwood
On the other hand he could be a Denis Wise. It depends on what sort of desire the player still has, does he actually want to continue to play football or just pick up one last payment, does he keep himself up to a good level of fitness etc.

Users who are viewing this thread