Kevin Kilbane (1 Viewer)

Robccfc87

Give me 4 to 6k a week and I will happily take grief.

Nick

Administrator
The amount of shit that the players were given is unreal where I was sat, fans arguing with eachother this is how low we are! Why couldn't he ignore it like hussey and sheffrey did?

So they got lots of shit and he said fuck off and he is an arsehole?

LJC_CCFC

Calling for Kilbane to be stripped of the captaincy is ridiculous. Why do football fans expect to be able to verbally abuse people and not get anything back?

Correct, however Kilbane shouldn't have been given it in the first place, fact is his legs have all but gone and he offers nothing going forward. He is at best a utility player

skybluegod

Why should they try??? Are you serious.

why should he he could get into quite a few teams but no he came to us if you could go from your job which you try hard at but your co workers hate you to a different company where people like you, you would do it, kilbane is helping this club, he didn't deserve to get booed.

Nick

Administrator
Correct, however Kilbane shouldn't have been given it in the first place, fact is his legs have all but gone and he offers nothing going forward. He is at best a utility player

Bar the goal and assist on tuesday?

AFCCOVENTRY

As a pro footballer you cannot do what he did.

Yes footballers take some shit at times from fans but you don't do that in the public. They are paid enough and he is experienced enough not to have done what he did.

The problem is he has now upset fans who weren't even there.

He needs to apologise anyhow.

jwoodall

Where was this sort if thread when mcsheffrey did it at yeovil. No one bothered with that but kilbane does it and u all want his head. Can't have it both ways.

Robccfc87

why should he he could get into quite a few teams but no he came to us if you could go from your job which you try hard at but your co workers hate you to a different company where people like you, you would do it, kilbane is helping this club, he didn't deserve to get booed.
I disagree, he gets paid well by his employers and I'm sure his workmates like him, he should know better than to react like that and should understand our frustration at a poor performance.

Sick Boy

As a pro footballer you cannot do what he did.

Yes footballers take some shit at times from fans but you don't do that in the public. They are paid enough and he is experienced enough not to have done what he did.

The problem is he has now upset fans who weren't even there.

He needs to apologise anyhow.

He has nothing to apologise for, those who are getting upset over this are obviously a sensitive bunch.

They are played to play football, not to be abused for 90minutes.

Again, why is it alright for a 'fan' to hurl abuse at players, yet get over-sensitive when something gets said back to them?

Dan Griffin

Ok so if somebody earns a lot i can abuse them and then be shocked when i get a bit back?

With that performance yes! He's a fecking footballer and supposed to be 'captain'

Whoever gave him shit had the right they payed there money to get here, if players are gonna start giving it back it would be nice to see if they keep coming.

Gaz

Calling for Kilbane to be stripped of the captaincy is ridiculous. Why do football fans expect to be able to verbally abuse people and not get anything back?

Maybe because he is a professional, our captain and he should rise above it ?There is such a thing as customer service.
As much as I would like to sometimes, I can't go and tell a customer to fuck off at work, and I don't see why it should be any different here.

AFCCOVENTRY

Ok so if somebody earns a lot i can abuse them and then be shocked when i get a bit back?

Football has some golden rules mate...

A footballer should not give it back to fans...

Yes, fans can be dicks at times but the player must be the better man in these situations

Robccfc87

If it was an individual firing insults I wouldn't mind but as you can imagine the fans were annoyed at a terrible performance and KK didn't seem to point out an individual he just gestured and swore at a section.

ccfcway

he;s playing for the 18th best team in league one foe a reason, cause he can not longer cut it at a higher level.

Doing it as a one off against brum doesnt change that !

Sick Boy

Maybe because he is a professional, our captain and he should rise above it ?There is such a thing as customer service.
As much as I would like to sometimes, I can't go and tell a customer to fuck off at work, and I don't see why it should be any different here.

Customer service?! What are you on about?

I am sure that if a customer was verbally abusing you, despite your best efforts to do your job, then they would get barred from your workplace.

Last edited:

skybluegod

just because he gets payed a lot of money doesn't mean he doesn't have human emotions. are you saying footballers don't have feelings? if they are trying their hardest for OUR football club they should have our support not dickhead's saying "ohh your shit we should have signed you" "you shouldn't be captain" it's ridiculous.

chiefdave

yes our fans can be over critical and quick to get on players backs but the players shouldn't bite back. at the end of the day the fans at the game are essentially customers of the club, in what other industry would you keep your job after telling a customer to fuck off?

Nick

Administrator

If i went into a shop and started swearing at staff id probably get arrested.

If that happened at football you would only moan about the stewards.

Sawyer

From what ive heard, the fans were/are a disgrace, which I can understand, my twitter feed is like the end of the world when Cov loose or draw, people saying they arent going to any more games, tearing up tickets and wishing they hadnt bothered... managers crap again etc etc... its a very negative aura Coventry fans have around them.

On a flip side, Kilbane should have been more professional and there is no excuse but... at least he has passion for our club.

The CableGuy

Gotta love how:

More money earned = Can take more verbal shit.

But when the player gives some of his own back, "WAHHHHHH!!!! THE BAD GUY TOLD ME TO FOOK OFF AFTER I TOLD HIM TO FOOK OFF! WAHHHH!!! KICK HIM OUT OF CLUB!"

Pathetic, seriously.

I bet half the people moaning on here fooking loved the guy when he blasted us into the lead against Brum.

Their human begins. Not robots. Accept the fact that their gonna have shit days at the office, regardless of how much they get paid, just like you or me.

Sick Boy

Fans pay his wages, without them he wouldn't earn any money or have a job.

Comprende ?

I edited the post before but if a customer came into your workplace and verbally abused you, they would get barred from your workplace. Why should football be different.

Gaz

I edited the post before but if a customer came into your workplace and verbally abused you, they would get barred from your workplace. Why should football be different.

If someone came to my workplace and verbally abused me then that doesn't give me free rein to give it back.
Two wrongs and all that.

You don't give abuse back to a customer, even if they started it.
You are the professional and with him being captain he should have known better.

Sick Boy

If someone came to my workplace and verbally abused me then that doesn't give me free rein to give it back.
Two wrongs and all that.

You are the professional and with him being captain he should have known better.

I expect that they would be banned from the workplace though, do you think this is what should happen to those abusing players? There must be some sort of law that gives you the right to work without being abused.

Usual, double standards amongst football fans though.

Desperados

In the modern game players have to expect some verbal. Whether it is right or not, fans will always want more out of them after a poor team performance and surely have to right to say that as paying customers. Reacting to fans is silly, he has been in the game long enough to know how it works and just ignore it. Hopefully he was just as angry at the performance and just reacted stupidly?

Kevin_Kilbane

I'd like to calm down now and put in some more information. I wasn't at the game because I'm too far away but what I've read now one certain guy in the Coventry audience was abusing the (still injured) Jordan Clarke. With this guy KK then had an argument perhaps he had heard the abuse. That's a captain for me: defending his team-mates! Then probably the abusing went on because the 'fan' felt very strong within the anonymous crowd. And then KK came with his gesture and call to 'f*** off'. I think he didn't mean all Coventry fans but especially this certain guy. People who know KK know that he isn't such a guy who abuses fans without reason. But if he sees injustice he will react.

iamyouralterego

Two wrongs and all that.

It's that sort of shitty 'you can't do anything to me' attitude that makes the majority of customers think that they can get away with abuse to staff and expect no repercussion. You're not being professional, you're just (rightly) scared to lose your job. If i called a policeman a 'prick' would he 'professionally' walk away knowing that he is meant to expect that sort of abuse? Likewise, if a customer punches you do you just accept that too? where do you draw the line?

Users who are viewing this thread