Kevin Kilbane signs (1 Viewer)

Tad

Fair play to all those involved. Good signing, just a couple more needed I think.

skybluebeduff

Think this has been said by a fair few members now, but why didn't they do this last season? sounds mad but is there any gain in clinching promotion back to the Championship rather then coming mid-bottom end of the Championship?? :thinking about: :thinking about: :thinking about:

thechase

Think this has been said by a fair few members now, but why didn't they do this last season? sounds mad but is there any gain in clinching promotion back to the Championship rather then coming mid-bottom end of the Championship?? :thinking about: :thinking about: :thinking about:

I for one would rather a successful promotion winning season than another dull season of mid to lower end championship football. It hasnt done Norwich and Southampton, to name 2, any harm at all has it.

thorninmyside

yes it is positive at least that the club are signing players at last, even if its just to get back into the practice of it, but lets be realistic ... we have a striker who has not scored 16 goals for 7 years, and last season scored 4 in 40. A youngster who is basically an unknown, but with potential (we have plenty of them) and then we have a crock in Kilbane, he will be out after 4 games i guarentee it.

dont get me wrong i am pleased to see these signings and they would have been good if we did not have players also leaving the club at the same time who are good quality. I agree with many others until they sign a striker capable of banging them in for fun inthis league its just another year of failed doom.

ffs we have fans talking about winning this league on the basis of the club signing a couple of players!! get real! this league is damned hard, ask any leeds or shef wed fan

Tad

Just to throw my view in, I still don't think we'll win the league. Still think we'll be around the middle to bottom half of the table, but I'm just glad there getting fresh blood in.

thechase

yes it is positive at least that the club are signing players at last, even if its just to get back into the practice of it, but lets be realistic ... we have a striker who has not scored 16 goals for 7 years, and last season scored 4 in 40. A youngster who is basically an unknown, but with potential (we have plenty of them) and then we have a crock in Kilbane, he will be out after 4 games i guarentee it.

dont get me wrong i am pleased to see these signings and they would have been good if we did not have players also leaving the club at the same time who are good quality. I agree with many others until they sign a striker capable of banging them in for fun inthis league its just another year of failed doom.

ffs we have fans talking about winning this league on the basis of the club signing a couple of players!! get real! this league is damned hard, ask any leeds or shef wed fan

For once cant you just be optimistic. For over a year ive listened to fans whinge and moan about everything and even now after signing 3 players who have consistently played at higher levels than this, people are still moaning. Elliott has played SPL, Premisership and Championship alot of the time as a wide player so his goals ratio doesnt concern me at this level, McDonald scored 25 goals in league 2 just 2 years ago so clearly has potential there. Fleck clearly has ability else he wouldnt have been touted as a future star for the last 5 years and Kilbane has played consistently at much higher levels and even last season played 33 games in loan spells so hardly injury prone. No one is disputing the league is tough but from what i saw of the league last season i think we have a realistic chance of being successful, especially if we add a couple more players.

skybluebeduff

I for one would rather a successful promotion winning season than another dull season of mid to lower end championship football. It hasnt done Norwich and Southampton, to name 2, any harm at all has it.

Exactly that's why I poised the question rather than an opinion. I'd rather we start again as we are and enjoy some sort of glory again, whether it's top 12 or 6 or 15th, it's a start and we get to see more away wins hopefully, top 2 would be nice :eek: :)

Sky Blue Sheepy

We needed this one - with our squad size being what it is, his versatility is massive. Actually happier with this than I am with Fleck - and I was overjoyed with that!

pusbccfc

Get Carsley a player contract to play alongside. Surely he has another year left in league1!

skyblueelephant

Kilbane had a back injury at the start of this year but apart from that he has played 650 games in his career including over 100 caps for Ireland - how is he a crock?

CovLis86

I am starting to feel at least confident that we won't go down again, and in our state I would consider that a successful season.

ajsccfc

I know people have (rightly) mocked the whole bang bang stuff, but it definitely applies for this week at least.

Grendel

I am starting to feel at least confident that we won't go down again, and in our state I would consider that a successful season.

It would be criminal even with the current squad if we were bottom half. Get 2 or 3 more in and we are in with a real shout at top 6.

Nonleagueherewecome

That's 3 internationals signing for the big club in Division 3

You have to love it. Coventry still has a pull despite our demise.

Pretty sure Elliott and Kilbane signings have something to do with Carsley.

How many full caps does Fleck have? How many games at international level have Elliott and Kilbane had in the past 2 years? You're using the term "International" almost as loosely as the CCFC Spin Office there, AFC!

Nonleagueherewecome

Great addition! Very pleased with hat. Excellent player who will be just as valuable in the dressing room as on the pitch. Well done City keep it up.

Where did you get it from? Hope it's all-weather! :)

cheever

A good addition...we need some experience in the ranks. AT has got some of his bang, bangs this week, no doubt.

With these additions, and the subsequent comments from fans, there is no reason why in this lower league, AT should not now deliver.

Over to you Andy.....no excuses at opportune/convenient moments this time, eh??? :thinking about:

skyblueelephant

How many full caps does Fleck have? How many games at international level have Elliott and Kilbane had in the past 2 years? You're using the term "International" almost as loosely as the CCFC Spin Office there, AFC!

Kilbane has got 8 caps in the last two years and played 66 consecutive games for Ireland before his back injury at the end of last year broke his record otherwise he would have more. I'd call that an International player...

cheever

and as Fleck played for Scotland u-21....he is classified as the 'International Striker' we were signing.

SISU DON'T DO LIES....:facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

and as Fleck played for Scotland u-21....he is classified as the 'International Striker' we were signing.

SISU DON'T DO LIES....:facepalm:

"..but if they did, they'd probably be the biggest lies in the world!" :mad:

Nonleagueherewecome

Kilbane has got 8 caps in the last two years and played 66 consecutive games for Ireland before his back injury at the end of last year broke his record otherwise he would have more. I'd call that an International player...

OK, last year? Did he make the Euro2012 squad? He's miles off being a present international, and Fleck hasn't played a single international! If we claim him as an international, guess we claim Clarke, Cameron, and anyone else who has played at youth levels.

thechase

Does it really matter if they are current internationals? I cant think of many full internationals in the whole of league 1. Is there ever a time when you say anything positive? Roll on Gael being sold so we dont have to hear your negativity anymore.

CW6

Whats all this about Stuart Beavon? We would have to pay a fee and surely there is better quality out there? Hasnt got a great goal scoring record has he? Or am i wrong.

P.S Hello everyone :claping hands:

AFCCOVENTRY

We are a Division 3 club and the fact they have represented their country is a bonus.

Let's all take a reality check and remember which division we are in.

3 quality signings for Division 3 football.

ccfcway

Whats all this about Stuart Beavon? We would have to pay a fee and surely there is better quality out there? Hasnt got a great goal scoring record has he? Or am i wrong.

P.S Hello everyone :claping hands:

Beavon has been shown around the Ricoh, thats all I know

Users who are viewing this thread