Kevin Foley (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I assume that was for the wages to sign people.
For what's it's worth I think those two and read would have been ok this season

I wouldn't have thought so as that was at the beginning of the window so the budget should have been healthy.

dongonzalos

I wouldn't have thought so as that was at the beginning of the window so the budget should have been healthy.

But if he was going for people like Kevin Wilson and possibly Leon Clarke he would need the wages of Martin and Phillips plus a bit on top.
I only suggested Leon Clarke because he was linked to a return, just after he signed for Sheff Utd TM made a comment about trying hard but Sheff Utd are signing everyone.

ajsccfc

It's annoying though isn't it? This could have been done in the summer.
It really is. Obviously it could all crash and burn still, but it has parallels to Robins replacing Thorn; a non-manager who should have held the reins for a handful of games at most giving way to an actual manager who has some idea of what they want from a team.

tisza

i remember him being a very tidy full-back for Wolves who got forward but that was a few years back.

rupert_bear

Like the thoughts of this signing right age and experience for what we need and gives young Kelly-Evans a bit of time to come through, get more experience and become a better player, he does have potential.

Last edited:

torchomatic

UPDATE: Slade, speaking exclusively with the Coventry Observer, said: “Kevin is a top professional, and will be a calming and mature influence on the rest of the squad.

“He’s capable of moving the ball quickly, and is intelligent in his play. I’m pleased to have such an experienced player join the football club

EXCLUSIVE: Coventry City to sign Charlton defender Kevin Foley

Last edited by a moderator:

Great_Expectations

Great signing. He may not pull up any trees but will add experience, stability and consistency to a deference that is in need of all three.

Foley Clarke Turnbull Stokes

That's a pretty strong defence.

I've always liked and defended Turnbull and with experienced and positionally sound players around him, he will show his true ability.

Last edited:

Otis

What the hell were Mowbray and Venus doing in the summer? To end up scrambling around in the last few days when Slade has been able to come in and get people in straight away smacks of incompetence.
I just find the all totally bizarre. Could have cost us our place in this league.

JimmyHillsbeard

I just find the all totally bizarre. Could have cost us our place in this league.
The key difference is Mowbray wanted a Championship defender who he could pressure into signing for a league one club on L1 wages. Surprisingly enough they all opted to go to Championship clubs (even to sit on the bench at Rotherham). Slade seems to have done, what some of us were demanding in August, looked at available League One players to improve the squad.

steve82

What the hell were Mowbray and Venus doing in the summer? To end up scrambling around in the last few days when Slade has been able to come in and get people in straight away smacks of incompetence.

It's all about knowing your level.... finally we've a manager that fits the level and can get the ingredients to do the job in our conditions and today's climate

ajsccfc

The Observer guy said that when he was there today Slade was arranging more incoming and to keep an eye out. Nothing about outs.

Paul O Donoghue

Foley is a welcome addition who is supposedly a proper pro and very good with young players. His career has been blighted by injury in recent years costing him a trip to the Euros under Trappatoni.Hopefully he brings coolness and experience to back four.

covcity4life

What I don't get is why was it so different to the previous summer though. With the same two people making the signings?

The likes of these were not bad signings...

Vincelot
Armstrong
Murphy
Kent
Ricketts.

exactly 1 bad summer where manager tried high risk to get us promoted(goping for championship players) and it didnt work out. doesnt mean RS has come in and changed the fac eof the club lol

Nick

Administrator
When was the last time we were this "active"? Quite exciting.*

*Until March when they are shit! :)

Nick

Administrator
You clearly want to bum Fisher

Standard!

Anyway, back to Foley. It's a shame he isn't a goalie.

I think he will be better at right back if he has Thomas in front of him so a mixture of experience and youth.

Just left back now.

Users who are viewing this thread