Kev Malaga (1 Viewer)

PVA

Was captain today for the U21s, wonder if that means he could be back in the fold? We've just signed a CB today so maybe not.

Last edited:

Grendel

Under 12's is about his level.

torchomatic

Is he eleven?

Grendel

The real answer is no. He probably was the most stupid signing this club ever made and waggot should be shot for giving a 3 year deal.

stupot07

I doubt he will ever play for us again. Willis was prefered on the bench ahead of him on sat and we've just brought another centre half in.

WeWillBeBack

I'm sure he's not actually bothered about the football bit and just wants to hurt people. Will gladly captain the under 21's for the next 2 and abit years i imagine!

Gray

think he has had a rough seal since he joined, maybe even put him upfront he looked pretty deadly from set pieces ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

The real answer is no. He probably was the most stupid signing this club ever made and waggot should be shot for giving a 3 year deal.

Three words: Drinkell, Kyle, Eastwood.

RichieGunns

I think he hasn't been given a chance and a lot of people are judging him based on very little appearances.

You never know, It could be Malaga and Martin in the centre of the back four tomorrow!

RichieGunns

If his biggest problem was that he could not speak English, why on earth was he captain today?

I think that's nonsense really.

Maybe in the beginning it might not have been brilliant but he's got Edje to help him out and being around English speaking players day in day out is going to help him improve as well.

Plus the club may have got him some help as well like a personal tutor to help him improve.

So really I don't think that excuse can be used anymore!

AND!

Why the hell would they make him captain if they didn't see potential in him.

I think it was rather Robins personally not liking him in his capacity as a manager rather than Malaga not being a good footballer.

So really he deserves a chance to show if he's good enough rather than just being slated everytime his name is mentioned!

Same can be said for Philliskirk! We've not seen him play and basing your opinion over 12 games (of which he started 2) isn't the good basis for a definate opinion on him!

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Malaga has played 5 professional games in his entire career. He will probably not play a 6th.

He didn't cost us millions like the three I mention did though. I think you're massively overstating your case. Exaggeration for effect, as per usual.

Grendel

He didn't cost us millions like the three I mention did though. I think you're massively overstating your case. Exaggeration for effect, as per usual.

No as all 3 players you mentioned had some form and pedigree at least to justify the signings.

What pedigree has a non league French defender playing at a similar level to Nuneaton actually got that would make anyone interested in the first place?

Ashdown1

Was he really that bad, I thought he was blown out predominantly because of his lack of English, I thought he looked more of a footballer than the likes of R'OD

Grendel

Was he really that bad, I thought he was blown out predominantly because of his lack of English, I thought he looked more of a footballer than the likes of R'OD

Even though no club in France ever offered him a full time professional contract and no league club in England wants to buy him.

Remember some in here described Hussey as the next Bale. Now he has found his level. Malaga is a conference player at best.

Jackoskyblue

Could do with him in the box at corners seem to remember he could have had a hat trick against sheff united all from corners.

Nonleagueherewecome

No as all 3 players you mentioned had some form and pedigree at least to justify the signings.

What pedigree has a non league French defender playing at a similar level to Nuneaton actually got that would make anyone interested in the first place?

There's a lot less pro football and a lot more "non-league" in France. If he'd played in England he'd have had a lot more "league" appearances. No matter what you say, the three I mention were much "worse" signings: they did more financial damage and a lot was expected of all of them. Plus they were all actually given numerous chances to fail. Malaga's had two games and was bloody good in one of them! Show me a player who was good against Bury 2nd half? Wood was just as bad.

Grendel

There's a lot less pro football and a lot more "non-league" in France. If he'd played in England he'd have had a lot more "league" appearances.

Clearly -- that's why when offered on loan only a conference team came calling. He has played his football in the 5th division of the French pyramid.

RichieGunns

Grendel why don't you give the land a chance instead of writing him off.

As NLHWC say's he was bloody good in the first half of Bury and almost scored several goals.

He hasn't been give his chance since those games and all because the whole team were shite in the 2nd half of Bury and because Robins didn't rate him.

If he gets his chance, watch and see what you think then and not before!

Grendel

Grendel why don't you give the land a chance instead of writing him off.

As NLHWC say's he was bloody good in the first half of Bury and almost scored several goals.

He hasn't been give his chance since those games and all because the whole team were shite in the 2nd half of Bury and because Robins didn't rate him.

If he gets his chance, watch and see what you think then and not before!

Football managers get to see players' train and see their true qualities. Shaw, Robins and Carsleley have all seen him and do not rate him.

I will take their judgement above both mine and yours.

He was dire defensively for the whole of the Bury game by the way.

Grendel

You said he was dire against Sheff Utd.
However you were possibly the only one

Clearly that's why when offered on a transfer League One or even Two Clubs have been clambering for his services.

Grendel

How much transfer money has been spent in these divisions?

Why? We would gladly give him away and remember the loan window is open and no takers.

Users who are viewing this thread