Keogh ready to discuss new contract (1 Viewer)

stupot07

torchomatic

Can I be the first to say, it's all lies? That it's SISU propaganda and that we have no intention of offering him a new contract and that we're just being lied to, yet again.

Might as well say it and get it over with, eh?

Great news. Be nice to see him sign, but again I'd rather hear about it after he's signed the bloody contract. Go on Rich, you know you want to stay.

ccfcway

"when the dust settles"

ie, when I know what division we are in, I will consider a new contract

No statement from either player saying they wanted to sign though is there? Also we know Ken was completely incompetant and would've ballsed this right up.

wingy

Unfortunately its not going to happen,this football club is incapable of matching his qualities ,let alone his ambition ,and as have stated since September ,this guy should be captain ,i don't believe its any coincidence the form has tailed back off since Sammy got the armband back,and just possibly Richards game has been slightly affected through this and the speculation.

Brighton Sky Blue

Keogh's form has been one of very few bright spots this season-real hard worker on the pitch, usually a very reliable man to have at the back. Why he would quite want to stay any longer than he has to is beyond me, but cracking news if he does.

ccfcway

And now for a derisory SISU contract offer.

Cant really see many clubs, let alone our SISU, get relegated, and giving someone an improved contract, despite a vast reduction in income..

he maybe offered the same wage, but on a longer comtract, which obviously he wont sign, and "his demands were too high"

Gray

whats he got to lose? hes got a year left anyway...so he signs a new contract gets a couple of quid pay rise, then some championship team comes in for him in the summer

even if he signs new contract he wont be here next season

stupot07

I remember Gunnar, Westwood, king, Tabb, Best, clingan, cranie, etc at some point saying that they were ready to start discussing a new contract....

Colonel Mustard

whats he got to lose? hes got a year left anyway...so he signs a new contract gets a couple of quid pay rise, then some championship team comes in for him in the summer

Exactly.

Contract extensions for star players are fairly meaningless for clubs such as CCFC. All they really amount to is asset protection, paying a fee (in the form of higher wages) in return for a future transfer sum.

Still, it would be a step in the right direction for SISU, who neither sell enough of our assets or protect them!

Users who are viewing this thread