keogh gone to scotland? (1 Viewer)

skyblue4ever

Might have already of been talked about but has rich keogh travelled up north with the rest of the squad today? Ta

ccfc92

Doubt it, according to speculation, we dont want to risk injuring our highest valued player. and you know what scottish teams are like :whistle:

ccfcdan

Our 'Source' inside the Cardiff camp states that he signed for Cardiff today. They have told him but are not announcing the transfer to anyone else.

skybluegod

according to some on here wood said that he wouldn't be travelling i guess we will find out tomorrow

valiant15

Dicks like you are so fucking annoying,these bastards have relegated us,bullshitted the fans inside out,treated us like shit and sold or released every decent player we've ever had. Yet people like you are still willing to bend over for an out of town two bob hedge fund. People like you make me sick.

CCFC_Charlie

Simple solution, stop using the forum if it makes you that angry. He wants to go, so we have to sell him, simple as. But I suppose you'd much rather us get no fee at all for him and watch him go for free. I suppose you were also happy when Westwood, Cranie and Gunnarsson went for free because at least we got them for that extra year rather than making any money off them. We are a selling club, get use to it.

usskyblue

Dicks like you are so fecking annoying,these bastards have relegated us,bullshitted the fans inside out,treated us like shit and sold or released every decent player we've ever had. Yet people like you are still willing to bend over for an out of town two bob hedge fund. People like you make me sick.

No further questions....

ccfc92

tbh, it dm if we get a 5er for him, CCFC wont see any of it. Id rather we swapped him for a prolific goalscorer

usskyblue

Here we go...

Maggot does the deals - they're getting what they can for him.

Why are SISU haters so feckin annoying?[/
QUOTE]

but do u really think waggot will b left to his own devices to see through a deal like this, if so, i take it back.

It's more than obvious that Keogh would want to leave the club if a Championship club came in for him.

That said, we've evidently spent weeks trying to get the best deal.

If 750k plus add ons is the best we can get...do we take it, or run his contract out and get feckall Westwood style?

skyblue4ever

It's more than obvious that Keogh would want to leave the club if a Championship club came in for him.

That said, we've evidently spent weeks trying to get the best deal.

If 750k plus add ons is the best we can get...do we take it, or run his contract out and get feckall Westwood style?

Yes i agree, we have to take it, years of supporting city and then putting up with sisu is turning me into a grumpy sod!

usskyblue

Yes i agree, we have to take it, years of supporting city and then putting up with sisu is turning me into a grumpy sod!

Believe me, I'm not a SISU fan, but it gets old sometimes when people want to use anything and everything that happens as an opportunity to blame SISU.

We all know what they've done and haven't done, and everyone (including them) know that they've fecked up major style.

I'm all for holding people accountable but only when it's fair to do so.

thechase

Dicks like you are so fucking annoying,these bastards have relegated us,bullshitted the fans inside out,treated us like shit and sold or released every decent player we've ever had. Yet people like you are still willing to bend over for an out of town two bob hedge fund. People like you make me sick.

The same as you would probably get the vaseline out if Gary Hoffman came to your front door?

Skybluefaz

Dicks like you are so fecking annoying,these bastards have relegated us,bullshitted the fans inside out,treated us like shit and sold or released every decent player we've ever had. Yet people like you are still willing to bend over for an out of town two bob hedge fund. People like you make me sick.

SISU sold Stuart Pearce, Robbie Keane, Dion Dublin etc... not sure how factually accurate that is.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Well like it or not he was part of a relegated team and on the last year of his contract. £750 is better than £0 and the.last player we sold did have his money reinvested in the club.

Astute

Well like it or not he was part of a relegated team and on the last year of his contract. £750 is better than £0 and the.last player we sold did have his money reinvested in the club.

I don't think even SISU would sell him that cheap......would they?........There again.......

Yorkshire SB

The financial problems at this club were here long before SISU came, right now I'm glad we're surviving and building a half decent squad. Whatever your opinion on SISU, they have to balance the books within the means of the business, and right now we have to sell our assets to stay in business. If we get 750k for Keogh (which for a defender at a League 1 club is a fair price), then this can pay the wages of 6-7 players next season which we can bring in on frees.

Whoever took over CCFC were going to find themselves in a financial mess at some point. As soon as we moved to the Ricoh we became unsustainable, and in any business this means you will accumulate debt and ultimately end up out of business. SISU have pumped millions into this club at various points, and it bemuses me that some fans believe they have deliberately led us into League 1. The main factor is that we don't own our stadium and this was agree before SISU bought the club. They had a plan (3 year plan) and it didn't work. Other clubs will have similar situations in the years to come.

Ultimately unless you have a takeover which is backed by a very wealthy source then you will struggle to compete. Risdale led Cardiff City to the point of ruin by spending beyond the clubs means, and were it not for a rather fortunate takeover they would be a terrible state now.

SISU do not have the money to bail us out, and at this time they're having to make cuts and asset strip to keep the club alive, this has unfortunately led to relegation, which of course is devastating. However this summer we have been given an insight into their future plans as they look to invest in the stadium. I would rather have a club than no club at all, and if this means selling a player, who is nothing more than a decent championship defender, to balance the books then I don't believe I can criticise.

PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

They have plenty of money, they just don't want to spend it on bailing us out! The only credit I'll twistedly give them is that if they'd brought in as many last season as they have this season to replace the departed, we may have had a chance of staying up. That is as close to a compliment as they'll get from me, and it's a complaint :)

Yorkshire SB

They have plenty of money, they just don't want to spend it on bailing us out! The only credit I'll twistedly give them is that if they'd brought in as many last season as they have this season to replace the departed, we may have had a chance of staying up. That is as close to a compliment as they'll get from me, and it's a complaint :)

How do you know they have plenty of money? Surely if they had plenty of money they would be in a position to buy half of the stadium and start to run the club sustainably, which is the most obvious course of action.

Users who are viewing this thread