Kent possibly coming back ?? (1 Viewer)

aviles

Coventry City have ended their interest in Elson Hooi.
The winger from NAC Breda had been on trial with the Sky Blues but did not do enough to earn something more.
Hooi is being quoted as saying: “So it seemed to work out nicely. A day before I was to fly back I got the message that they could hire a Liverpool player and they were just that little bit more interesting. I understand it. Too bad, but so it goes.”
City Boss Tony Mowbray said to the Coventry Telegraph: “We have to be patient and see what comes our way.
“Elson did very well in his training days with us and I think all the players and myself and my coaches were impressed with what he brought to the training ground.
“But as I have always said, you can only spend the pound once so you have to make sure you spend it wisely, so we’re just weighing up our options at the moment.”

Cant think of who else we could possibly be linked with from Liverpool? Would take Ojo though after his corker against Exeter

fernandopartridge

Why would Klopp let Kent come back? They got through the cup tie against Exeter, I would expect him to use his young players again or at least some in the next round.

covboy1987

Klopp needs to move some players out and i would imagine that kent and a few more will be leaving- i personally think kent will be back at Cov by next week with a hefty sell-on clause as there is no point leaving a lad of his talent rotting in Liverpool under 21 as it makes more sense to let Kent go (and a few others) and get them off the wage bill - unfortunate he was thrown in at Exeter along with many more as to many changes on the night with players unfamiliar with each other and it showed - Klopp and his background staff have gone down in my estimation if he does come straight back as he should have given kent another go in the return as he can obviously do it against a league two team after good performances in league one - Mowbray will get the best out of players like kent just like he has with players like murphy who will be similar to kent 3 great performances and then a stinker - the only loser looks like the dutch player who i think they would have taken if kents name had not appeared back so quickly

stupot07

Klopp needs to move some players out and i would imagine that kent and a few more will be leaving- i personally think kent will be back at Cov by next week with a hefty sell-on clause as there is no point leaving a lad of his talent rotting in Liverpool under 21 as it makes more sense to let Kent go (and a few others) and get them off the wage bill - unfortunate he was thrown in at Exeter along with many more as to many changes on the night with players unfamiliar with each other and it showed - Klopp and his background staff have gone down in my estimation if he does come straight back as he should have given kent another go in the return as he can obviously do it against a league two team after good performances in league one - Mowbray will get the best out of players like kent just like he has with players like murphy who will be similar to kent 3 great performances and then a stinker - the only loser looks like the dutch player who i think they would have taken if kents name had not appeared back so quickly

Why would Klopp sell/release Kent? He only turned 19 two months ago, well worth them hanging on to him for another 2 years to see if he develops. They will have 21-22 year olds like that Dunn that they will look to move on, but Kent won't be going anywhere, he certainly won't be coming back to us next week on a permanent.

Specs WT-R75

I'd love to see us sign him on a permanent deal, but I just can't see it personally.

standupforcity

I'd love to see us sign him on a permanent deal, but I just can't see it personally.

Kent is destructive to the team ethic. Incredibly selfish and no end product. Some people are so taken in by someone with speed who runs at the defence...but then what?!! Always a massive disappointment. I was glad to see him go and don't miss him a bit!!!

Specs WT-R75

Kent is destructive to the team ethic. Incredibly selfish and no end product. Some people are so taken in by someone with speed who runs at the defence...but then what?!! Always a massive disappointment. I was glad to see him go and don't miss him a bit!!!

I feel you could work on his flaws once he stops trying to impress his parent club with every touch of the ball...

shmmeee

Thing is, without him and with Murphy off form we have no-one who can break the lines when teams sit off against us. If nothing else he makes us harder to defend against.

eastwoodsdustman

Never thought I'd be saying this but......Could have done with him against Burton. I reckon he'd have caused them a few problems.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Thing is, without him and with Murphy off form we have no-one who can break the lines when teams sit off against us. If nothing else he makes us harder to defend against.

The problem is, I believe this is the mentality that's been killing us. Mowbray felt/feels compelled to play Kent and Murphy because they offer pace. The problem is, and I don't understand why other people don't see it for what it is, blind pace on its own is worth nothing unless something comes of it at the end.

Kent couldn't pass and Murphy won't pass and most of the time they get the ball nothin remotely dangerous comes of it.

The best team we've had this season was the modest front 3 of Lamerias, Maddison, and O'Brien. Two of these players have been unfairly dropped at times, and the other has been injured. I suggest that we go back to playing that in a bid to turn our form around and I believe it will work.

To sign Kent back would be damaging to our promotion chances in my opinion.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Never thought I'd be saying this but......Could have done with him against Burton. I reckon he'd have caused them a few problems.

You say that, but what would he have actually offered? Skip past two players and lose the ball. Repeat.

It's easy to get drawn in the the nice tricks, but look past that and you have someone who is worse than my dad at football. Can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot, can't tackle. Absolutely no use in a promotion challenging team I'm afraid.

I appreciate he could be a good footballer in the future, he certainly has a lot of talent, but it's so raw. His attributes are the most unbalanced I've ever seen in a player. Signing him back is not the answer.

Gazolba

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.

covboy1987

Why would Klopp sell/release Kent? He only turned 19 two months ago, well worth them hanging on to him for another 2 years to see if he develops. They will have 21-22 year olds like that Dunn that they will look to move on, but Kent won't be going anywhere, he certainly won't be coming back to us next week on a permanent.[/QUO

we will have to wait till next week

Macca

Agree he had no end product but always thought he gave the opposition plenty to think about leaving gaps elsewhere

Londonccfcfan

Agree he had no end product but always thought he gave the opposition plenty to think about leaving gaps elsewhere

I agree with you mate, I thought apart from his obvious flaws...he was a bit unlucky as he should have had a at least 4 or 5 penalties , and a clear goal he scored adjudged offside when he wasn't.

he's too quick for the referees too.

as for team ethics I think he seems a good lad and really enjoyed his time here. I'm sure the team would love to see him back.

hes always a great option to have off the bench against a tiring team.

PVA

Agree, good player and would like him back.

I really enjoyed watching him, his dribbling skills are unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread