Kent Gone (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
CXu2qEiWcAAxXvg.jpg:large

lifeskyblue

I have enjoyed watching his skill. When he develops his decision making/final ball then he will be a very good player at premier league level. Good luck to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

Although his end product was a bit sketchy, that trick he did alone was better than the entire contribution of most players we have on the books. Hope he does well.

Bugsy

Thanks for the memories Kent loved ur goal and that trick will be remembered for along time too, good luck for the rest of ur career all the best....PUSB

dongonzalos

Too early for Liverpool. Shame for the lad. Would be much better off doing a season here.
Got me out of my seat enough times, thanks.

lifeskyblue

Too early for Liverpool. Shame for the lad. Would be much better off doing a season here.
Got me out of my seat enough times, thanks.

I agree...a full season here would have done him more good than him going back now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Thanks for contributing to covs pts tally be it directly or indirectly. Good luck in rest of your career

rupert_bear

Taking into account this was his first first-team experience he did well overall and although went off the boil a bit the last month, the team in general did, really hope he does well at Liverpool, if not I'd have him back like a shot.

ptr

Very exciting player to watch. Yes his end product wasn't always there but always took on his defender and caused the opposition problems. A loan player who I felt always gave a 100% which is all we can ask as fans who have seen some really dire, uninterested loan players in the past. Best of luck to him!

J

Jack Griffin

I thought Kent was brought in to cover for Maddison, so he was always going to return when Maddison returned to fitness, been rather lucky that both available at same time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34220151

Having become boss Tony Mowbray's 10th signing since the end of last season, five of them strikers, the England Under-20 international is a replacement for James Maddison, whose ankle ligament injury will sideline him until the New Year.

rupert_bear

Premiership glory ? Not sure, the problem he has is will Liverpool wait. Klopp will be adding some multi million pound foreign star names to his squad. I think he is one who is getable in the future.

Mcbean

Lad done good - will enjoy seeing him in the Prem if he gets a chance - more open game for speed up there

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Premiership glory ? Not sure, the problem he has is will Liverpool wait. Klopp will be adding some multi million pound foreign star names to his squad. I think he is one who is getable in the future.

Didn't Klopp prefer for home grown players at his old club? I get the player quality is different in Germany to hear but I think out of all the Prem coaches / managers he'd be the more likely to give English players a chance over expensive flops

Chipfat

This has been a good loan and has worked for all parties concerned, for the player he will of learnt so much with being involved in a first team squad. For the pareant club they can see how he has developed and know he has abilities that allow him to step up. As for us its been good to see a very gifted player, who has added to a young gifted squad we have. But most importantly send's a message to other top potential young players that coming to our club will increase development and experience that will enable them to go back better to the parent club with confidence to step up.

Good luck to him, done us no harm as he will talk and be very positive about his experience with the club.

clint van damme

I think liverpool are making a mistake. I thing his development would have been better served staying with us.

Having said that, I'd rather lose him than any of our other loanees.

procdoc

Shame we can't keep him longer. Not the finished article but if he was he'd be playing for Liverpool's first team and not in league one. Good luck to him

J H Waters

As a fan of Liverpool, I´d say Kent has a fairly decent chance of becoming (at least!) a squad player if he can impress Klopp going forward.
Klopp wants to see himself as a builder and is a bit of a football romantic, and I think he´s enamoured with the idea of unearthing a star from the youth ranks. Along with this, there are so many positions that need to be strengthened that you´re left in a double bind: more upheaval = transition, and if you spread the money too thin, you´ll get a sideways step with no real improvement.
LFC is screaming out for a quality goalie and a new midfield general, and that in itself is likely going to take out a big chunk of the upcoming transfer budget in the summer.
Talking about players of similar positions, rumors have said that LFC are after Leroy Sané at Schalke. But then this week, Guardian came up with a story saying that Man City has made him a priority signing. LFC are basically fucked if that is true. Can´t compete, unless the player personally wants Klopp.

stevefloyd

The lads done well for us, I thank him for coming here and taking a 'chance' with us but good luck to him for the future

chiefdave

Agreed, way too early for anyone to be even thinking about him being in or around the LFC first team. Just hope it doesn't stunt his growth and they realise he needs to go back out on loan and play more games at a lower level before they ruin him.

mechaishida

Almost sad to see him go, cos' I really wanted him to set this team alight; this lad's got a bright future though, for sure. If he keeps himself grounded and opens his ears in training, the sky's the limit.

Ran his arse off for us and gave us a few thrills, fair play to him. Good luck, kid.

Otis

Not ready for Premiership football. He wasn't even getting picked for us every week in League One.

Bags of skill, but very, very raw and can only reiterate what everyone else is saying, no end product, so he's been very frustrating for us.

Good luck with him though and maybe you can bring out the best in the lad.

Hobo

People often said there was no end product. But coming off the bench and forcing teams to alter tactics and formation is an end product and we benefitted from it on several occasions. He still have scope for development and is a real exiting prospect. Good luck to the lad.

ajsccfc

Nobody's saying that he wasn't influential or didn't scare opponents, but the end product thing is because he'd often finish scaring them with a wild cross or shot or just run out of space.

J H Waters

Not ready for Premiership football. He wasn't even getting picked for us every week in League One.

Bags of skill, but very, very raw and can only reiterate what everyone else is saying, no end product, so he's been very frustrating for us.

Good luck with him though and maybe you can bring out the best in the lad.

At some point I suppose you just have to throw in some of these kids and see if they sink or swim.

If the club is short of options and spend money, that new player will be blocking the path of someone else.

If you spin it in a positive way, this decision could be a motivating factor for the other Academy players to work even harder. They´ve got to see a light at the end of the tunnel, a promise that they´re not all in a hopeless venture..

SkyBlue_Bear83

People often said there was no end product. But coming off the bench and forcing teams to alter tactics and formation is an end product and we benefitted from it on several occasions. He still have scope for development and is a real exiting prospect. Good luck to the lad.

His end product wasn't just poor though, it was virtually non existent. And the other frustrating thing for me was that he didn't seem to be learning and is still making the poor decisions he was in his first couple of games.

And no that isn't considered an end product, he contributed to the team indirectly in the ways you've said i.e worrying defenders, putting opposition on the back foot, forcing teams to alter tactics etc. but his end product on which attacking midfielders are judged was poor throughout his time here.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Plenty of cover in that position.

Looking forward to JOB being his usual self & Lameires getting more of an opportunity hopefully we'll have a bit more end product now.

Gazolba

He'll end up at a Championship club.

Users who are viewing this thread