Kelly (1 Viewer)

Malaka

Gotta say how disappointed I have been with Kelly this season. He has been great for us, but I would look to offload him at the earliest opportunity. He is well off the pace and out of his depth. Thanks for the memories Liam but time to leave. (Someone had to say it)

Ccfcisparks

He’s one of those where we should be looking to upgrade. Does a job but extremely limited, and we’ve seen with Sheaf we can buy players who can do the defensive without being limited on the ball too

Brighton Sky Blue

Gotta say how disappointed I have been with Kelly this season. He has been great for us, but I would look to offload him at the earliest opportunity. He is well off the pace and out of his depth. Thanks for the memories Liam but time to leave. (Someone had to say it)

His time will come but not yet. Didn't agree at all with keeping him on (while booked too) at Sheaf's expense.

clint van damme

Thought he was poor today and has been all season.
Put us in trouble a few times and for a captain to push a player and pick up a yellow when the ref has just waved play on because we're on the attack was pure stupidity.

Think there are more urgent requirements in January but would think this would be his last season with us.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah that was a strange one. Sheaf had an excellent game. Although we scored after he went off, it seemed like we lost a bit of control of the midfield.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

That was also partly because we took a man out of midfield full stop. Especially on a yellow it didn't make much sense at the time.

Londonccfcfan

He knows hes 3rd choice. Hes probably not on a massive wage. Excellent to gave around the squad.

He didn't have a bad game at all. But our football is on a different level now. Hes not quite at that high end championship level.

He infuriatingly slowed the game down today.

SkyblueTexan

In his defence, Kelly has much better shooting ability than Sheaf who always seems to get the ball stuck when trying to pull the trigger. Sheaf's come leaps and bounds, but still has the odd suicidal pass in him. Granted Kelly is a step slower and not much better, but without Hamer we don't have anyone else to plug in. We need to upgrade our midfield for sure.

ceetee

I thought Kelly lost the ball a couple of times because he was waiting for it to come to him.

OldBedrocker

Kelly slows the game down so much and doesn’t work in our quick flowing game. Am I the only one who finds it annoying that when he comes off the bench the first thing he does is to run over to Fadz and take the armband off him?

chiefdave

Kelly has been great for us but I think the jury is still out on if he can be a regular starter in the Championship. But I'm certainly not at the point of saying we should get rid. In any case why is it always a player is brilliant or they should be got rid of? We need squad players to come in and do a job.

Lets not forget we signed Kelly while in L2 from another L2 side. This is the highest level he's played at, think he previously played about 20 games in the Championship for Bristol in a season that saw them finish bottom. He's also had a pretty unlucky run with injuries.

Having said that he'll be 32 at the start of next year and given that he's missed a decent chunk of time through injury it would be foolish if the management team weren't discussing what his role will be here in the next year or two.

Ccfcisparks

No he doesn’t watch next time he comes off the bench

yeah you’re wrong

steve101

He is certainly not the sharpest of passers but he is positionally disciplined above and beyond our other options. He does a lot of work off the ball that isn't going to catch the eye. Even though he is never going to score many I like the way he is willing to take a shot from range, again unlike most of our other midfielders.

Brighton Sky Blue

Kelly has been great for us but I think the jury is still out on if he can be a regular starter in the Championship. But I'm certainly not at the point of saying we should get rid. In any case why is it always a player is brilliant or they should be got rid of? We need squad players to come in and do a job.

Lets not forget we signed Kelly while in L2 from another L2 side. This is the highest level he's played at, think he previously played about 20 games in the Championship for Bristol in a season that saw them finish bottom. He's also had a pretty unlucky run with injuries.

Having said that he'll be 32 at the start of next year and given that he's missed a decent chunk of time through injury it would be foolish if the management team weren't discussing what his role will be here in the next year or two.

I think there'll be quite a bit of turnover come the summer including him.

Nick

Administrator

yeah you’re wrong

Kelly had it against West Brom?

Greggs

He isn't the captain for no reason. I reckon a lot of the stuff he does goes unseen and if he was mic'ed up on the pitch we would hear how much he talks and organises. Sheaf might be more talented will the ball at his feet, but offers nothing comparable to Kelly's influence and organisation.

Grendel

He is certainly not the sharpest of passers but he is positionally disciplined above and beyond our other options. He does a lot of work off the ball that isn't going to catch the eye. Even though he is never going to score many I like the way he is willing to take a shot from range, again unlike most of our other midfielders.

Given our only option is Shipley it’s not a compliment

shmmeee

I think there'll be quite a bit of turnover come the summer including him.

Ideal world we keep Sheaf and Hamer and get two in who can challenge and offer different options. Let Allen and Kelly go. Might be we sell Hamer and buy three in. I’d like to see 8/9 players in and 10/11 out in the summer. Really take the squad to the next level. What is possible both ways is another question. Might need a big sale or Joy to have a moment of madness with the chequebook.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ideal world we keep Sheaf and Hamer and get two in who can challenge and offer different options. Let Allen and Kelly go. Might be we sell Hamer and buy three in. I’d like to see 8/9 players in and 10/11 out in the summer. Really take the squad to the next level. What is possible both ways is another question. Might need a big sale or Joy to have a moment of madness with the chequebook.

It will be quite a bit of shuffling around I imagine and it’ll take some time and patience for new players to settle and for fans to get on side. See Luton’s summer business

Users who are viewing this thread