Kelly (3 Viewers)

speedie87

Last season when kelly got injured and they thought he’d be out for months we got Walsh in and kelly was back in a couple of weeks. Doubt we’ll be as lucky as that again

clint van damme

I think that pretty much guarantees that we'll keep it 1 up top for the foreseeable to keep the extra body in the middle.

AFCCOVENTRY

Eccles is a defensive midfielder.

Breaks up the play and keeps it simple on the ball.

Would be a lot of responsibility on him but he's a good talent and if there's no money available then we should recall him because there's no way we can make do with only Hamer and Sheaf for 3 months

The season is relentless with the injuries and amount of games in a week. We need more cover in central midfield. Gills aren’t paying anything for him so it’s no hit on the finances.

Sky Blue Pete

Last season when kelly got injured and they thought he’d be out for months we got Walsh in and kelly was back in a couple of weeks. Doubt we’ll be as lucky as that again
Not sure it’s luck when you spend time recruiting the right sort of players over 18 months of research. I’m certain if discussions happened and were budget was agreed at the start of the season that this would have included making use of the January transfer window to improve the team. I’m hopeful in any case

skybluesam66

Not sure it’s luck when you spend time recruiting the right sort of players over 18 months of research. I’m certain if discussions happened and were budget was agreed at the start of the season that this would have included making use of the January transfer window to improve the team. I’m hopeful in any case
The budget assumed fans back by the new year
Remember covid cases were minimal by august

Sky Blue Pete

The budget assumed fans back by the new year
Remember covid cases were minimal by august
Not what we were told at the supporters forum. Also at 2000 attendance it costs money and probably 4000 is just about worth putting on. Pretty sure the budget was assuming no fans all season

AFCCOVENTRY

Not what we were told at the supporters forum. Also at 2000 attendance it costs money and probably 4000 is just about worth putting on. Pretty sure the budget was assuming no fans all season

They would have budgeted on worse case scenario and not possible. We would probably lose money by letting 2k fans in with the running costs.

Jesse Carver

Kevin Stewart is still a free agent. Made 27 appearances for Hull in the Championship at DM last season. He's rumoured to be on trial at Brentford and I think one of the catalysts to his exit from Hull was his wage demands, but that was back in the summer and at 27 years old he won't want an extended period without a club.

According to Transfermkt he shares an agent (or at least an agency) with Hamer, O'Hare, McCallum, Walker, Da Costa & Camp.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is a bit of a sickener. was expecting it to be his annual month+ injury but 3 months is a real pisser.

Paul Anthony

No doubt, this is a blow. Kelly is absolutely crucial to our game, and we always look a better team with him.

Hobo

I thought we missed Hamer's creativity on Saturday rather than Kelly's defence.

I have Championed Kelly, in Lge 2 Lge1 and Championship. Very good player and we will miss him.

I still think our priority is a central atracking midfielder who can play behind the striker.

Users who are viewing this thread