kelly (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Every single game though? Eccles and Shipley not ideal to be used for a championship team

Shipley not suited and Eccles still untested although looks good

Think of 6 weeks or more we may need a loan in

No I agree. I’d ship Eccles out, maybe on loan, and bring in another ideally.

Deity

@betterdays. Any insights on transfer targets ? Is Robins looking for experience or more talented youngsters ?

larry_david

got the horrible feeling his pace will be found out in next few weeks / month

without mcfaz and kelly, its a very young team
Yeah they say godden is an experienced head. I don't see it that way. Youth is great don't get me wrong. I prey Kelly is only a minor tweak

junglej13

I did notice the lad Otasowie from Wolves was left out of their u23s squad today. Believed to be heading out on loan somewhere imminently.

AFCCOVENTRY

Hamstring will mean defo out for this month. Luckily transfer window open, and Robins will see from these opening games what more he needs.

junglej13

Hamstring will mean defo out for this month. Luckily transfer window open, and Robins will see from these opening games what more he needs.
Seem to remember it was feared he had a bad injury around this time last year which was why we brought Walsh in.

Londonccfcfan

Yup, harsh on Kelly but this could be a blessing in disguise if Sheaf and Hamer stay fit and stay away from suspensions. He would be a great back up to those two.

Magwitch

Trouble is 4 to 6 weeks with games at weekend and midweek means Kelly could miss a lot of games. I’d think a transfer in or loan to cover Kelly will have to happen.

cc84cov

From what I seen from sheaf yesterday im
Not worried in that midfield,he looked cool calm and composed and he’s not even match fit yet.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure quite how it would work with the ball at his feet, but (cramp aside) I was impressed with how quick Pask was. He can tackle. solid in the air, and when Dabo returns I think he could become a useful asset. Playing as a defensive midfielder I'm not sure what his composure on the ball would be like. but the rest of his attributes seem fine. Looks like a player who may have to cover several roles until he finds his best position.

fatso

Dabo could play centre mid! 😂
On a serious note, I think a loan move is on the cards, we were short in cover as it was, now we are thread bare, and Hamer is a walking suspension.

cc84cov

On a serious note, I think a loan move is on the cards, we were short in cover as it was, now we are thread bare, and Hamer is a walking suspension.
Expecting a loan this week personally

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Expecting a loan this week personally

I think we may well see one or two.

Even if Dabo is nearly fit having the likes of Pask, Burroughs and Rowe as the back up is not ideal. Should Dabo get a relapse of suffer another injury (which becomes more likely when returning from another injury) we're back to where we are now. That's a dangerous game to play with only a few weeks left even for loans and having a loan until Jan for this position wouldn't hurt.

We need to see the extent of Kelly's injury before deciding whether we need to venture into the DCM market as we'd be left with just Sheaf and Hamer, with Eccles as back up. If it could be a month or two possibly someone like Otasowie might be an option. Walsh would be ideal and MR may well ask the question one more time but I'm not expecting anything to happen there.

shmmeee

Charity bet Hamer doesn’t miss more than one game through suspension all season?

Gibbo

Every single game though? Eccles and Shipley not ideal to be used for a championship team

Shipley not suited and Eccles still untested although looks good

Think of 6 weeks or more we may need a loan in
When this happened last year, we got Walsh in. Then it looked, although it might have just been a coincidence, like a reaction to a Kelly injury. Either way it was fortuitous.

Users who are viewing this thread