Kelly or Sheaf? (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Obvious they can’t play together. But if we were to play 1 which would you choose.

Grendel

CCFC54321

I love Kelly but he was poor last night and looked like a few of them off the pace but personally I’d look to bring in another signing in the close season. Sheaf for me doesn’t impose himself enough for a central midfielder. Just my opinion.

ccfc1234

If Sheaf can tidy up a few areas of his game he is a force to be reckoned with at this level and will go higher. The 3 tackles he put in within 2 mins breaking up play yesterday were really impressive. He has trained on and credit to the likes of @Sick Boy and @Frostie who have been long term advocates of his potential to improve.

I don't think they can't play together and the Fulham game showed that. Where they are less effective as a pair is against the teams that sit deep.

cc84cov

Sheaf

Big Kelly fan for all he’s done here but I think we are seeing him at his very limit right now,Sheaf & Hamer is the pairing moving forward

cc84cov

But I thought once Kelly was back sheaf was finished?
I think sheaf having this run of games has really brought him on I remember Grendel saying he needed that also,Kelly will still play his part this season then who knows moving forward,it’s all gone come down to budget,we’ve offered Allen a contract I won’t be shocked to see Kelly here next season also

Grendel

But I thought once Kelly was back sheaf was finished?

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Sheaf by a mile. Kelly has been a great servant in the lower leagues but really shouldn’t be playing at this level.

If Hamer is out stick Allen in, but really we need competition for all three central midfield places bringing in unless Howley and Eccles make a lot more progress than they have so far.

JAM See

I'm happy to admit that I've been a massive Kelly fanboy over the years,

However, Sheaf for me at the moment.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Kelly always has a soft spot for me, but obviously now Sheaf is and should be ahead of him.

I might be in the minority, but at the moment I still don't think Sheaf is particularly great anyway. Too many mistakes for this level and is also absolutely no goal threat whatsoever. I think it sums up where we are as a squad.

The Philosopher

Neither.

1 year ago Kelly was miles better. Sheaf (wait for it) is getting better and better as he plays more - as he should do being relatively young. I have no doubt that at the end of the season Sheaf’s progress will have meant that he will have surpassed Kelly as the latter declines with age.

At the moment, they are equal to me, both have strengths and flaws.

Hence

Neither.

shmmeee

Neither.

1 year ago Kelly was miles better. Sheaf (wait for it) is getting better and better as he plays more - as he should do being relatively young. I have no doubt that at the end of the season Sheaf’s progress will have meant that he will have surpassed Kelly as the latter declines with age.

At the moment, they are equal to me, both have strengths and flaws.

Hence

Neither.

Sheaf has always been better than Kelly by some distance.

slowpoke

I wouldn’t dump Kelly though but he would be reserve to Sheaf for a while but I wouldn’t play them as a pairing again.

SAJ

Think the only time I would be looking to use Kelly now is from the bench to close games down. He would be ideal for that role as he slows the game down links well with the defenders. I can’t really see him starting too many games once Hamer is back. I would also consider altering the midfield by returning to the box method using Allen, Sheaf, Hamer and O’Hare.

Liquid Gold

Think the only time I would be looking to use Kelly now is from the bench to close games down. He would be ideal for that role as he slows the game down links well with the defenders. I can’t really see him starting too many games once Hamer is back. I would also consider altering the midfield by returning to the box method using Allen, Sheaf, Hamer and O’Hare.
No more fucking box. It doesn't work at this level.

Sick Boy

If Sheaf can tidy up a few areas of his game he is a force to be reckoned with at this level and will go higher. The 3 tackles he put in within 2 mins breaking up play yesterday were really impressive. He has trained on and credit to the likes of @Sick Boy and @Frostie who have been long term advocates of his potential to improve.

I don't think they can't play together and the Fulham game showed that. Where they are less effective as a pair is against the teams that sit deep.
Quite possibly the best post I’ve ever seen on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread