Kelly injury update (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

Need him back on the pitch. By Elo/Glicko's reckoning the most influential player on the pitch to get a good result last season.

suffolkskyblue24

Given that we are playing 2 up front and assuming O'Hare and Hamer are in most people's first team, who gives way? Sheaf? He has really started to grow into the role this season so feels harsh. I love Kelly and what he brings but his lay off means his place in the starting line up must be under threat.

fernandopartridge

Given that we are playing 2 up front and assuming O'Hare and Hamer are in most people's first team, who gives way? Sheaf? He has really started to grow into the role this season so feels harsh. I love Kelly and what he brings but his lay off means his place in the starting line up must be under threat.
Absolutely no way Kelly should just come back into the team on the current form of the midfielders

fatso

Could really of done with kelly at QPR,
I'd of brought Waghorn off at half time and gone 1 upfront and played Kelly in front of the back 3.

SkyBlueGuy

Great news to have him back. I think Hamer and Sheaf have done really well so far, so I can't see him being a started just yet. But great option for off the bench, particularly if we need a calming influence/ experience, or are defending a lead. Also means we can afford to not play one or the other of Sheaf/Hamer for 90mins each week. 👍

Tommo1993

Yeah he doesn’t necessarily walk into the team. Still a key player who I’d bring on to dry things up if we’re defending a lead.

NortonSkyBlue

As much as I admire Kelly it would be prudent to keep the same pair against Boro and if they play well retain their places in the team. If they have a blip then Kelly is ready to join the battles ahead.

fatso

With the amount of bookings we've picked up already, we definitely need him fit and available to cover.

larry_david

Yep all well and good saying he won't get in front of sheaf, hamer. He will feature when they're suspended, injured or when hamer stops playing from December onwards again

JAM See

As much as I admire Kelly it would be prudent to keep the same pair against Boro and if they play well retain their places in the team. If they have a blip then Kelly is ready to join the battles ahead.
Totally agree. Having one too many quality midfielders keeps the incumbents on their toes.

AOM

Great news, always good to have other options and further depth, as I don't think Kelly would replace any of the current midfield on form.

Is Eccles still quite far off being fit? Looking forward to him hopefully progressing this year

Offhegoes

Kelly is always written off, as he's always injured at the beginning of the season, but then when starts playing everyone remembers what a good player he is, and the results pick up. Great to have him back in the squad.

Reactions: vow

Hobo

Hopefully back soon as it gives us another option. Hamer and Sheaf have done well though so may have to start on the bench. The good thing is we havent had to try and rush him back. So I hope when he does get back in he is fully fit.

larry_david

Eccles won't be available till after Christmas unfortunately
Hearing MR talking about the injury, sounded like something that was there for a while. Makes you wonder why they didn't operate during the off season rather than 3 weeks into pre season? Unless i've misread. (highly possible)

skybluegod

Hearing MR talking about the injury, sounded like something that was there for a while. Makes you wonder why they didn't operate during the off season rather than 3 weeks into pre season? Unless i've misread. (highly possible)

The hip is a really difficult injury zone as there are so many muscles, tendons, ligaments etc that run through the area. Making it hard to diagnose exactly what is wrong all the time It's also an area where operations are the last resort as most of the time you can retain functionality whilst fixing the issue through therapy.

I agree it reads as though it was long standing and then suddenly deteriorated. But going with what I previously said it's likely he was given a rehab programme during the off season to correct any issue and it unfortunately hasn't worked.

better days

I think it was maybe a case of a very young player perhaps playing through pain as he was breaking through to avoid missing his chance
More experienced guys would probably ask for help earlier

NorthernWisdom

I think it was maybe a case of a very young player perhaps playing through pain as he was breaking through to avoid missing his chance
More experienced guys would probably ask for help earlier
It is indeed terrible timing for him. This year should have been a proper break through for him really, and can fully see why he'd want to keep fighting to prove himself.

Users who are viewing this thread